Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Rodney Harrison Suspended 4 Games
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BirdsFan06050

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Iggles wrote:
steelcity43 wrote:
BirdsFan06050 wrote:
Canadian_Patriot wrote:
eagles for life wrote:
..How do you know he used steroids during that time

The better question is why is everyone assuming he did.

People are just dying to throw this guy under the bus.

Because if he did New England cheated us out of a Super Bowl win. You would not have won without him in that game.

its just angry eagle fans because they never could win the big one...

Or angry fans who don't like cheating in the NFL. Harrison has cheated in the past, which puts his whole past into question, including the time he helped the Pats beat us in the Super Bowl. I'm not angry we lost, if in fact we lost to a team that didn't cheat.

Exactly. Well said, and Harrison did hide for years and he was caught now he's being up front about it.
"There are stories of coincidence and chance, of intersections and strange things told, and which is which and who only knows; and the book says we may be through with the past, but the past ain't through with us."
Dank

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BoneyMaroney wrote:

It's funny how people like Dank can't comprehend simple statements such as "Rodney Harrison cheated and should be punished" or "Rodney Harrison has forever tarnished his legacy and will forever be considered a cheater".........READING IS FUNDAMENTAL.

It's even funnier when people don't realize that someone is making a generalization and not talking about them in particular.

You are right about reading, though.
BoneyMaroney

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
It's even funnier when people don't realize that someone is making a generalization and not talking about them in particular.

You are right about reading, though.

Its even funnier than that when people make generalizations when they clearly have one person in mind but they're too afraid of confrontation to single that person out. Then when their comment is discovered, they claim they were make a "general statement" Very Happy

TMX Cowboy wrote:
Although Tom Brady is a great quarterback, I think he is overrated this year because his receivers make him look better than he is.
Dank

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What the hell? Don't flatter yourself, dude. I don't even know who you are.
Iggles

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BoneyMaroney wrote:
Quote:
Except, you know, the fact that Harrison has admitted to using HGH in the past. Yes, he said it was to recover from the injury in 2005, but if he was willing to use it then, it's at least possible that he used it before, and certainly not out of the question, whereas Owens and Dawkins have never admitted to nor been caught using performance enhancers. If someone demonstrates they're willing to cheat at a game every game they have played comes into question, and sorry if I don't take Harrison at his word, as he has admitted (only after being caught) that he's dishonest. I'm not assuming that he DID cheat in the Super Bowl, only that he MIGHT have cheated.

Thats fair enough and understandably so, but this is a substance which the use of is undetectable. There are HGH blood tests but there's no way to distinguish between a persons' natural HGH level and an elevated one indicative of use. This is a substance that a lot of players use....there's no question every team has HGH users. That has ALWAYS been my assumption, so I don't believe any one team has an advantage over another because of it.

It's hard to tell if one team has an advantage, but that doesn't mean the advantage doesn't exist, just that you can't test for it. HGH is a performance enhancer that's nearly impossible to test for, and one notable Patriot got caught with it. Even if he says he only started using it in 2005, it's hard to take an admitted cheater at his word. If, in fact, he was using during the Super Bowl it could have significantly changed the outcome of the game, as the spread was only three points and Harrison had a monster game. I'm not saying he was using, but he might have been, and that might have affected the game.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Page 9 of 9

Jump to: