Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Quinn will not start for Browns
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blaze

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personnaly i prefer for him to sit as long as possible but if he is doing well you have to put him in there

TexanNation Roast http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=237149
K2fromtheU

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tdfast wrote:
If I'm Quinn, I want no part of the starting job to begin the season and that seems to be exactly what the Browns are thinking. The Browns start to the season:

vs Pittsburgh
vs Cincy
@ Oakland
vs Baltimore
@ New England

It'll be a miracle if they win one of those games. Maybe Oakland but I don't think so. So after they start 0-5 or 1-4, Quinn can come in and play some better games against Miami and in St. Louis, where at least the defense won't kill him. It'll keep him out of the lion's den, at least for a while.

I'm hoping Frye can hold down the job through week 6. That will give our new OL plenty of time to mesh and Quinn would get a full 2 weeks of practice through the bye week to prepare for his first NFL start in St. Louis.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He faces (IMO of course) 2 top 10 Ds (Pittsburgh and Oakland) and 2 top 5 Ds (Baltimore and New England) So coming in after the Bye Week would be fantastic for him as rest of the schedule is considerably easier.

1. Is Hayden going to be a bust? Sure looked like it last year IMO..But I give him a pass because he almost died…therefore I believe anyone who almost dies deserves a pass……………

A principle to live by..
NikeFootball05

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, this may be Romeo Crennel's last year as coach. So he must not think Quinn is ready to save his job yet...

If anyone could start in the NFL from Day 1, it would be Quinn. 4 years starting at Notre Dame, two years under Charlie Weis who is one of the best quarterback coaches in the country. I think he's ready mentally and physically to start.

Ok I'm sorry, do you WANT to lose? I throw, you catch, it's not that hard, ok? All right now get the f@$% outta here.

-Peyton Manning United Way SNL Skit
Purple-Pride07

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont even understand why the Browns would trade for Quinn if they are going to pulling all of this with him.

If you draft a guy as your QB of the future in rd 1 after trading a future 1st pick; you dont give the other 2 QB's the impression they are still going to play. I just dont see the point, maybe its because I really like Quinn, I dont want to see his career over before it started due to antics.

"When a team outgrows individual performance and learns team confidence, excellence becomes a reality."
--Joe Paterno.
SmithToGinnTD

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not really a surprise. He never had a shot to be the week one starter. Frye starts, Anderson is likely to be cut, and Quinn will probably come in later.

tdfast wrote:
If I'm Quinn, I want no part of the starting job to begin the season and that seems to be exactly what the Browns are thinking. The Browns start to the season:

vs Pittsburgh
vs Cincy
@ Oakland
vs Baltimore
@ New England

It'll be a miracle if they win one of those games. Maybe Oakland but I don't think so. So after they start 0-5 or 1-4, Quinn can come in and play some better games against Miami and in St. Louis, where at least the defense won't kill him. It'll keep him out of the lion's den, at least for a while.

I agree that that's the best reason to keep him on the bench, but saying it will be a miracle if they win one of those games is laughable in my opinion. Oakland is very beatable, and they had wins against Pittsburgh and Baltimore locked up until the final 5 minutes or so. The Ravens needed an interception in the end zone by Chris McCalister and a 50 yard field goal to beat the Browns by one point. All 3 division games are at home. They should get 2 wins out of those 5, possibly 3.[/quote]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: