Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Joe Staley named starter at right tackle
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tovey21

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 1:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Joe Staley named starter at right tackle Reply with quote

jwalter_81 wrote:
Tovey21 wrote:
Meeker wrote:
c0insnap wrote:
Anyone interested in Kwame? Laughing

Isnt he a great run blocker, but struggles vs speed rushers? Why not move him inside to guard? Does he have the size for that?

We have attempted this and it failed misserably. Kwame is a great run blocker but has no idea what to do when it somes to pass coverage. His feet are terrible and he is very weak for an offesnive tackle. I also thought we should've moved him to G but he didn't translate very well to the position and thus the draft selection of Joe Staley our new RT

actually, no the 49ers have not tried to move Kwame to G...where and
the heck did you get this bogus info from? We've always had him at T, we tried moving Snyder to G but Kwame, no....alot of 49er fans WANTED the team to try him there but they haven't done so...he's 6'7" which is a little to tall for a G anyways, his stance wouldn't be too good plus the 49er G's are fine as it is

Kwames rookie year we experimented with him at the G position and he didn't translate very well

immuhguy10 wrote:
I LOVE THE FORTY-NINERS!!! I LOVE THE FORTY-NINERS!!!

Everyone is a 49er fan at heart Wink
barlow32

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE DUKE wrote:
I suppose you could use Kwame as a TE on short yardage and goalline situations. Who knows, maybe he can even catch a pass or two catching the other team completely off guard.

haha, there are actually reports that he drops down to about 275 every off-season and bulks up before season again.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: