Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Raiders Release Doug Gabriel
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tzimisce

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raiiiiidersssss wrote:
Tzimisce wrote:
nickdawg wrote:
Tzimisce wrote:
Raiiiiidersssss wrote:
he wasn't anything special..
You could say that of any of Oakland's receivers, frankly...

'Cept Curry...
What's so special about him? He's a decent [read: average] #2/slot guy, but I wouldn't envy a team if he was their #1 option.

im not saying our starting WRs are as good as yours, but Porter and Curry aren't bad.
I'm not saying they're bad. I'm saying they're very average, and other than cap relief, I see no reason for them to have parted ways with a guy like Gabe, who's a solid possession receiver and has very good ability after the catch. He's easily as good as anyone the Raiders have on their roster currently.

BlaqOptic wrote:
I dont care that that little girl was adorable... I'll punch her in the face!
nickdawg

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tzimisce wrote:
nickdawg wrote:
Tzimisce wrote:
Raiiiiidersssss wrote:

'Cept Curry...
What's so special about him? He's a decent [read: average] #2/slot guy, but I wouldn't envy a team if he was their #1 option.

Before Curry's Achillies injury a few years back (his second one, not his third), he was performing above and beyond "#2/slot guy"...

And that was with Kerry F. Collins throwing him the damn ball!
Dessie

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tzimisce wrote:
Raiiiiidersssss wrote:
Tzimisce wrote:
nickdawg wrote:
Tzimisce wrote:
Raiiiiidersssss wrote:

'Cept Curry...

im not saying our starting WRs are as good as yours, but Porter and Curry aren't bad.
I'm not saying they're bad. I'm saying they're very average, and other than cap relief, I see no reason for them to have parted ways with a guy like Gabe, who's a solid possession receiver and has very good ability after the catch. He's easily as good as anyone the Raiders have on their roster currently.

Gabriel had dropped to 7th or 8th on the depth chart so he was obviously either under performing or wasn't as good as our other receivers. He has been cut/traded 3 times in a year so that tells me that there is something not right with him.
sundancejoe

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tzimisce wrote:
Raiiiiidersssss wrote:
Tzimisce wrote:
nickdawg wrote:
Tzimisce wrote:
Raiiiiidersssss wrote:

'Cept Curry...

I agree with you on a lot of areas. Gabriel has shown flashes of brilliance. Other than the flashes, he's looked just average. But no, he's not as good as anyone we have on our roster. Porter has never been given the chance to be the true #1 guy he is. No Curry isn't as good as Boldin or Wayne, but he's a good #2 who would get a lot more respect if he hadn't repeatedly torn his Achilles. Higgins flew way under the radar draft time scoring 13tds over 1300 yards last season at UTEP. He's a burner and could develop into something special. BMW has shown some good flashes in preseason (anybody else see his pancake block last week?) and I'd rather have him than Gabriel. His best case scenario was #5 on the roster.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gabriel would make a amzing catch one play then drop the a easy catch the next 3 plays..he is no better then your 4th WR..

and like Kiffin said he wasnt gonna make the roster so need to keep him around to the final cut.. Raiders are Fine with POrter,Curry,Taylor,Higgins and BMW..
91jmay

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tzimisce wrote:
Raiiiiidersssss wrote:
Tzimisce wrote:
nickdawg wrote:
Tzimisce wrote:
Raiiiiidersssss wrote:

'Cept Curry...

Laughing thats funny.

1. Is Hayden going to be a bust? Sure looked like it last year IMO..But I give him a pass because he almost died…therefore I believe anyone who almost dies deserves a pass……………

A principle to live by..
daineraider

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tzimisce wrote:
Raiiiiidersssss wrote:
Tzimisce wrote:
nickdawg wrote:
Tzimisce wrote:
Raiiiiidersssss wrote:

'Cept Curry...

are you serious on the whole roster i know our offense was terrible last year but mostly because of the system they were running but to say better than our whole roster is a stupid statement being that our D was ranked #3 overall in yards given up last year and #1 overall in pass D i dont know if i would take 1 starter from your D and put them in our D(except maybe Adalius Thomas and Seymore(or however you spell it)),,,,,now offense is obviously a different story
Purple-Pride07

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tzimisce wrote:
Man, what the hell is up with teams passing on this guy? I could somewhat understand the Pats releasing him after trading a 5th round pick for him because he didn't fit the offense as well as they thought he would, and he had some motivation issues [supposedly]. But hell, the guy is TALENTED. He could easily be a starter on some teams [Atlanta, Minnesota, Buffalo, etc].

Someone's gonna get a major bargain for picking him up.

He definately wouldnt be a starter on Minnesota but hed be a decent number 4 guy to come in and continue playing decently rather then have Billy Mcmullen come in as a backup WR.

"When a team outgrows individual performance and learns team confidence, excellence becomes a reality."
--Joe Paterno.
Marco79

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought he would turn out good, i guess not

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: