Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

How long does a bruised sternum take to heal?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> This aint sports talk!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MotleyCrue

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:11 am    Post subject: How long does a bruised sternum take to heal? Reply with quote

Let's say someone got into a little brawl and got a bruised sternum, not too severe, only hurts a little when taking a very deep breath. How long would that take to heal?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i had a bruised sternum once whiule playing hockey. I took an elbow in the chest and it took at least 2-3 weeks before it felt better.
rant67

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 12:22 pm    Post subject: Re: How long does a bruised sternum take to heal? Reply with quote

MotleyCrue wrote:
. How long would that take to heal?
Too damn long! I suffered the same thing.

To always be remembered...
LIEY8

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It happened to me once making a bad tackle. I rolled a fat lineman on top of me in tackling drills. It didn't take too long to heal for me, though. My injuries generally don't heal fast, I think and it only took mine about a week and a half to heal, or at least feel better.

Life Goes On
chadpole69

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It depends on what you mean by heal. I could breath without hurting after about a week. Laugh, cough, or sneeze without doubling over after about a month. It still hurt to benchpress or anything that put pressure on that area for a few years later. I bruised it slamming into a steering wheel though and some broke ribs. I feel for you man if you did it pretty bad because it hurts to do almost anything for a while.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 8:22 pm    Post subject: Re: How long does a bruised sternum take to heal? Reply with quote

MotleyCrue wrote:
Let's say someone got into a little brawl and got a bruised sternum, not too severe, only hurts a little when taking a very deep breath. How long would that take to heal?

Did you finally get beat up by an Ohio State fan? Wink

Location: #FSU #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #TrollyRangers #Danes #CAVALRY
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I once bruised it (I think) while doing push presses. I put it down too fast right on the top of my chest and it hurt for a while, but I can't tell how long it took. It hurt to breathe deep, but if I had to guess I'd say about 3 weeks.

theuntouchable wrote:
Think about this phire. I am the real chow.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.
Bednarik60

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phire wrote:
I once bruised it (I think) while doing push presses. I put it down too fast right on the top of my chest and it hurt for a while, but I can't tell how long it took. It hurt to breathe deep, but if I had to guess I'd say about 3 weeks.

No bud,

Actually what you experienced was the after effects or commonly called the "come down" of an intense "sugar high" or "sugar rush".

(Count it!)

Sig/Art by The Great Silo
#championCHIP #CHIPlife #Sparkles
chadpole69

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rub some dirt on it, drink a Vault and you'll feel better in the morning. Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> This aint sports talk! All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: