You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

saints sign dhani jones!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
navysaintsfan

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mattmatt wrote:
Looks like he has only missed 1 game his entire career! That is pretty good. I was wanting to sign him a few years ago when he left N.Y. I think this is a good move.

EDIT: This is post number 10000 for this forum!

BOOYAH!!! HOORAY FOR OUR FORUM!!!

#BRINGBACKRITA #FIREPAYTON
BDawk

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am glad Dhani is out of Philly, didn't like him at all. As it's been said before, missed too many tackles... you cannot completely blame that for "playing out of position" ..people put too much stock in each LB position.

His air guitar/banjo/whatever is dumb too. I do wish you guys all the best with him though, hopefully he will do better for you guys.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Broad Street Bullies wrote:
flyguy594 wrote:
mike dizzle wrote:
oh man
you all better hope jones doesn't become a starter
i, on the other hand, am keeping my fingers crossed that he does

This time last year, you all were talking the same kind of junk about Hollis and he turned out to be a beast for us.

Have you considered that maybe the reason your defense has problem stopping the run is because of scheme or people playing out of position?

i honestly never in a million years would have seen the day when that fat "i just work here" slob would be good.
its possible that the system was wrong and that players could have been used wrong. but watching 2 straight seasons of dhani jones get beat in every single facet of defense had me calling for him to get cut since 2005.

dude lighten up...

this guy wasnt a slouch when he was with the giants, and he played his natural position.. and with the eagles, they always alternated their LB's... I noticed that when i rewatched the game they played us....

theres alot worse out there than dhani jones..

quite bein a PESTIMESS..

exspecially if u a saints fan..

COME ON

1) i'm an eagles fan
2) Pessimist

and navysaintsfan he's not that self absorbed. he never really spoke out when he was a eagle. the only time he ever showboated was when he made a play and did his stupid air guitar dance.

oh well why in the hell is someone from another board gonna come and trash what another team does....

I might go to their board and talk smack Very Happy Very Happy
Broad Street Bullies

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

flyguy594 wrote:
flyguy594 wrote:
mike dizzle wrote:
oh man

This time last year, you all were talking the same kind of junk about Hollis and he turned out to be a beast for us.

Have you considered that maybe the reason your defense has problem stopping the run is because of scheme or people playing out of position?

i honestly never in a million years would have seen the day when that fat "i just work here" slob would be good.
its possible that the system was wrong and that players could have been used wrong. but watching 2 straight seasons of dhani jones get beat in every single facet of defense had me calling for him to get cut since 2005.

dude lighten up...

this guy wasnt a slouch when he was with the giants, and he played his natural position.. and with the eagles, they always alternated their LB's... I noticed that when i rewatched the game they played us....

quite bein a PESTIMESS..

COME ON

1) i'm an eagles fan
2) Pessimist

and navysaintsfan he's not that self absorbed. he never really spoke out when he was a eagle. the only time he ever showboated was when he made a play and did his stupid air guitar dance.

oh well why in the hell is someone from another board gonna come and trash what another team does....

i was never talking smack, i was voicing my opinion about how i think jones isn't that good.
navysaintsfan

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eagles fan are entitled to their opinions too guys Wink

Bednarik60

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

guys a dork but i hope he can help The Saints in anyway he can. but i think you guys have the a solid player in Shanle, im going to follow Shanle this season, he seems like a under the radar kinda guy.

PS-
Dhanis tackle celebration:plays air banjo every time he makes a tackle

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

flyguy594 wrote:
flyguy594 wrote:
mike dizzle wrote:
oh man

dude lighten up...

quite bein a PESTIMESS..

COME ON

1) i'm an eagles fan
2) Pessimist

i was never talking smack, i was voicing my opinion about how i think jones isn't that good.

Its okay we know you guys really dont like us and we know its from the playoff loss.
NOSaints

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simply a depth move w/ some potential to make an impact. It's only a year contract if he doesn't work out he won't last long.

^titan52490
NOFan4Life

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this signing is 4 depth rather than getting a starting guy. Last year Shanle was a beast, he was definately 1 of our top LB. Payton, from what he saw last season wont change it. Very Happy
thesickness89

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that signing had to have been for depth.
imo jones is awful, and after the eagles cut him, i didnt think another team would sign him

ok go26

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thesickness89 wrote:
that signing had to have been for depth.
imo jones is awful, and after the eagles cut him, i didnt think another team would sign him

I don't think Jones is awful. I mean, for us, he was a terrible, terrible player, and one of the two main reasons for our lack of any sort of run D these past couple years. He couldn't seem to shed a block for his life, and it got pretty frustrating watching back after back hit hole after hole that he should have been the one to fill.

But that's because he was playing out of position.

I think Dhani Jones can still be a capable weakside linebacker. Without having to worry about engaging a tight end right away, and with a little more space to run, Dhani should be able to utilize what good qualities he does have to make some plays, maybe even to return to his form back from the Giants in his contract year, when he wasn't being forced to play a position he simply isn't very capable of playing at a high level.

Either way, if he's your WILL, you could definitely get some good use out of him. If he's your SAM, well, I wouldn't expect much.

And for the record, I've always liked Hollis Thomas. His season for you guys last year didn't surprise me at all.

"If you've got it, flaunt it. If you don't, flaunt statistics."
navysaintsfan

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think there is anyway he will start weak side over Fujita. I do see him as a very capable backup, when a guy needs a break.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: