Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Charles Tillman Signs 6-year Extension (Worth $41.5 Million)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jagsfan18

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Bears front office has been pretty good lately...even with them getting all their draft picks signed before camp started and awhile back too.

Next up is to get Briggs to sign his tender so we don't have to hear him complain anymore. Laughing

Props to El ramster for the sig
Woz

Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2007 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaBears5455 wrote:
Meeker wrote:
Doesnt Brigg want out of Chicago? Doesnt he want to be "The man" on a defense and not be overshadowed? Yet people are blaming Chicago for this...They will go after a OLB on day 1 next year I bet...unless they have a player waiting in the wings that Im not aware of.

Between Michael Okwo (3rd round choice 2007 NFL Draft) and Jamar Williams (4th round choice 2006 NFL Draft) the Bears are pretty confident that we will have someone who can take Briggs' position either this year if he doesn't play or for the the future. Sure, if either of these guys is forced to start Week 1 this year, it'll be at least a slight loss (seeing as Briggs has a good amount of experience now and these two are green) but you have to remember that Briggs himself was a 3rd round choice and that playing next to Urlacher tends to make guys look somewhat better than they are. Urlacher can pick up the slack if someone misses their assignment and he allows the WLB to be more aggressive once the ball is handed off because if they miss the tackle, Brian is usually there to finish up.

The Bears would go with a guy with just 3 games worth of experience and 2 tackles or a complete rookie over trying to move Ayanbadejo to the weakside? Think I'm not doubting your word, as I'll assume you know your team better than I, but that just seems somewhat odd to me.

I guess the nightmare scenario then is if Briggs holds out for ten games and Urlacher goes down with an injury?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: