Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Raiders Sign Donovin Darius
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DOCLEW 28

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barnett56 wrote:
This is going to help their pass defense which won't rank anywhere near the #1 this year. Last year all teams had to do was run out the clock against the Raiders because their offense was horrible.

The more their offense improves, the more teams will pass against them and make their secondary look worse and worse.

I know that Raider fans are going to want my head after a statement like that, so just know that it is nothing against the Raiders, it's just going to happen.

As a raider fan, I can't disagree. the more teams pass, the more plays they will make. No matter how good your pass defense is. I don't think the Raiders will be a bad pass defending team. They will rank high but maybe not as high as last year. I'd rather focus on the run defense. With the solid players we have in the secondary, we'll be fine. DT is there we need to be concerned.
Purple-Pride07

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

559Raider wrote:
CB 1 - Nnamdi Asomugha
CB 2 - Fabian Washington
FS - Michael Huff
SS - Donovin Darius

Verrryyy Nicccee!

You took the words out of my mouth.

And incase anything should happen to either Darius or Huff, the Raiders have Shweigert behind them, who is very solid and i s a FS that played oposite Huff as a SS last year.

Darius went to the perfect team/best situation.

"When a team outgrows individual performance and learns team confidence, excellence becomes a reality."
--Joe Paterno.
91jmay

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DOCLEW 28 wrote:
Barnett56 wrote:
This is going to help their pass defense which won't rank anywhere near the #1 this year. Last year all teams had to do was run out the clock against the Raiders because their offense was horrible.

The more their offense improves, the more teams will pass against them and make their secondary look worse and worse.

I know that Raider fans are going to want my head after a statement like that, so just know that it is nothing against the Raiders, it's just going to happen.

As a raider fan, I can't disagree. the more teams pass, the more plays they will make. No matter how good your pass defense is. I don't think the Raiders will be a bad pass defending team. They will rank high but maybe not as high as last year. I'd rather focus on the run defense. With the solid players we have in the secondary, we'll be fine. DT is there we need to be concerned.

Raiders in 2006
7# against the pass
11# against the run
theres may rankings using yards per catch and yards per rush.
a top 10 D.

1. Is Hayden going to be a bust? Sure looked like it last year IMO..But I give him a pass because he almost died…therefore I believe anyone who almost dies deserves a pass……………

A principle to live by..
Hurricane Ditka

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sure its a nice signing, a seasoned veteran for a young and talented defensive backfield but i wonder why DD didnt sign with a superbowl contender? he's realistically got only a couple years left and even though i'm a russell fan, i dont see them in the title hunt for at least 3 years, so why not try to get a ring?
titanprodigy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats really great for the Raiders, they added a solid veteran player to an already great young D.
EaglesFan5-36-81

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaiderCAD wrote:
BigBen7 wrote:
RaiderCAD wrote:
so did Jim Plunkett, and he helped us win 2 superbowls

Warren Sapp hasn't been to shabby.

very true, know the name Derrick Burgess? the two years he has been a Raider he has been a 2 time probowler and when he was with the Eagles he was always injured by freak injuries

don't remind me Sad

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: