Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Mike Vick Indicted for dogfighting. Faces 2 Felonies
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 42, 43, 44  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JonesDrew32

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yo SteelerFever7, ur avatar is way to big, i resized it for ya

Code:
http://i18.tinypic.com/4lht5eb.png

Last edited by JonesDrew32 on Tue Jul 17, 2007 6:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
SmithToGinnTD

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow...

Shoulda kept Matt Schaub. This has got to be tough for Falcons fans.

I was going to say I feel pretty bad for Vick since I was a fan of his before, but this just sickens me... I don't even see how someone could do that to dogs.

Most Valuable Poster (1st Ballot)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My sincere and deep sympathy to all Falcon fans. However, I am thrilled to see that this charade that Vick was attempting to pull has been exposed. I hope they prosecute fully and I hope he never takes another snap in the NFL. I think that is highly unlikely, but I think it would be justice.
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This one hurts, and they should have kept Schaub instead of signing Joey Harrington. I think Daunte Culpepper may be on his way to Atlanta. Replace the Qb that had scandals involving dog fighting, with a Qb who was part captain with the love boat cruise. Im sure the media would have a field day with this.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mrpotamus wrote:
Upon doing a little research, the Federal dog fighting statute provides for a one year penalty and $15,000 fine for each dog. From what I have read, the FBI dug up around 50 dogs on the property, plus the roughly 50 dogs that were confiscated in the raid. Doing a little math, Vick could have faced $1.5 million in fines and face at least 100 years in prison if the penalties were handed out to the maximum, which seems unlikely here. That does not even take into account the conspiracy charge, which really piles on. So it looks like he got lucky that he was not charged for having the dogs. That would have been really bad news for him.

http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/html/uscode07/usc_sec_07_00002156----000-.html

EDIT- Upon further review, it appears that he was not charged with transporting the dogs, which I had read earlier, but for running an enterprise to promote dog fighting, in which case there will be only one violation, which means one year for the charge. He also faces five years for the conspiracy to travel in interstate commerce, which is a total of 6 years. He still will not skate. I will see what kind of reduction Jamal Lewis got with his plea bargain.

excellent post, as usual, mr potamus.
atl4ewa

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

matt shaub will be in the ARENA football lueage by the end of next year

"GETT OFF OF BIRAN BROHMS NUTS"
HeySteelers

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sbrown wrote:
I hate to be sinicle here or non emphatetic to the situation.....

But I feel sorry for Vick. The reason why???

I have witnessed and know people who are into dog fighting. And I really cant say any of them realize that it is a federal offense. Im not saying Vick didnt know. But the severity of the situation is what wasnt apparent to him. Kinda like smoking weed. Many people do it but, dont realize it can be a severe crime but still many people do it.

Vick knew all about it..
Guys who take the time burying things.. Cutting up carpet and hiding it.. tend to know what they are doing all the way. Vick is a pathetic excuse for a human who should be banned from the NFL. Smoking weed is illegal but not even comparable to what Vick did. He bet on animals killing each other. He got a dog.. trained it or w.e then let fight another animal till it was either unable to continue with injuries or it damaged the other persons animal till it was dead or unable to continue. If anyone ever wants a definition of sick.. here it is.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rotoworld is reporting that he could face 6 years in prison

Regular Season: 10 picks (Chargers Record), 3 TDs, 109.88 yard FG return (NFL Record)
Postseason: 2 picks, 1 TD
Pro Bowl: 2 picks (Tie Pro Bowl Record)
atl4ewa

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and if he doesnt play we OUR only hope is Dunn and norwoodand DJ shockley joey harrington is a BBBUUUUMMMM that will get sacked 15 times a game cause our o line only blocks for one person

"GETT OFF OF BIRAN BROHMS NUTS"

Last edited by atl4ewa on Tue Jul 17, 2007 6:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
HeySteelers

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go Bolts wrote:
Rotoworld is reporting that he could face 6 years in prison

He deserves it.. IMO he should have to serve more time.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I feel happy that evidence was finally found linking Vick cause I think most people knew he was invloved all along. However I feel very bad for those innocent dogs as well as the poor Falcon organziation who put so much trust in this guy when yet he never quite came through for them. With Vick possibly facing 6 years in prison, I think that come April we will be hearing "With the first pick in the 2008 NFL Draft the Atlanta Falcons select...." O ya and as for trading Schuab...

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GameTime wrote:
Well I feel happy that evidence was finally found linking Vick cause I think most people knew he was invloved all along. However I feel very bad for those innocent dogs as well as the poor Falcon organziation who put so much trust in this guy when yet he never quite came through for them. With Vick possibly facing 6 years in prison, I think that come April we will be hearing "With the first pick in the 2008 NFL Draft the Atlanta Falcons select...." O ya and as for trading Schuab...

Haha I agree completely

Regular Season: 10 picks (Chargers Record), 3 TDs, 109.88 yard FG return (NFL Record)
Postseason: 2 picks, 1 TD
Pro Bowl: 2 picks (Tie Pro Bowl Record)
Jaytrajik

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

atl4ewa wrote:
matt shaub will be in the ARENA football lueage by the end of next year

Don't hate because you can't keep your house in order

life is one huge game that infinite awareness has with itself
Mercury22

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HeySteelers wrote:
sbrown wrote:
I hate to be sinicle here or non emphatetic to the situation.....

But I feel sorry for Vick. The reason why???

I have witnessed and know people who are into dog fighting. And I really cant say any of them realize that it is a federal offense. Im not saying Vick didnt know. But the severity of the situation is what wasnt apparent to him. Kinda like smoking weed. Many people do it but, dont realize it can be a severe crime but still many people do it.

Vick knew all about it..
Guys who take the time burying things.. Cutting up carpet and hiding it.. tend to know what they are doing all the way. Vick is a pathetic excuse for a human who should be banned from the NFL. Smoking weed is illegal but not even comparable to what Vick did. He bet on animals killing each other. He got a dog.. trained it or w.e then let fight another animal till it was either unable to continue with injuries or it damaged the other persons animal till it was dead or unable to continue. If anyone ever wants a definition of sick.. here it is.

I'll piggy back on this comment and say that ignorance of the law does not forgive the crime.
m0town12

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2007 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JOEY!

JOEY!

JOEY!

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 42, 43, 44  Next
Page 3 of 44

Jump to: