You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Do you agree with my assesmant of the Saints

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gatoralex911

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 5:50 pm    Post subject: Do you agree with my assesmant of the Saints Reply with quote

The Bucs are having a debate and I wa sup against someone and my question was who will have a better record the Saints or Bears. I got the Saints.
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=148027

Question who will have the better 2007 season?

I believe the New Orleans Saints will have the better year in 2007. And here are my reasons.
1. Depth at running back- the New Orleans Saints imo have the best depth at running back in the whole NFL. First they have Deuce McCalister to soften up defenses and move the chains. Then they have Reggie Bush who can exploit defenses with crazy speed and atheticism. Deuce pound s and he runs past them. Then there third string running back is Antonio Pittman a steal where they got him in last years draft 4th round he wa sone of the top backs in the draft good pick. He could help this team alot this season coming in once in a while to give Deuce and Reggie a break.

2. Offensive weapons- This is the Saints best chance to win football games there offense. First they have Drew Brees who threw for 4,418 passing yards, finished third in the league with 26 touchdown passes and had a 96.2 passer rating. Then as I mentioned before you have a great showcase of running backs. But that is not it the Saints have some good recievers. First they have Marques Colston last years 7th round steal who caught 70 passes and had an 1,000 yard season. They also have first round pick Robert Meachem who could benefit with Colston. But that isnt it they also have David Patten a former Patiot who will play the slot, also speed demon Devery Henderson can put up good numbers and to complete the wide recivers is Terrance Copper inconsistent at times but he had a breakout year last year with 23 receptions and 3 touchdowns. And at tight end the Saints brought in former pro bowl tight end Eric Johnson who is trying regain his old form.

3.Homefield advantage- After Hurricane Katrina New Orleans was devastated. But after the Superdome reopend last year and for the first game there in over a year, the city was energized and the Saints finished with a 6-3 record at home including playoffs. That shouldnt change this year after the Saints found out that they where sold out for the season.

4.Defensive ends- The Saints have one of the best defensive end combos in the NFL in Will Smith and Charles Grant. Last year Will Smith had 10.5 sacks and 31 solo tackles. Charles Grant had 6 sacks and 49 solo tackles.

5.Jason David- Jason david should be an upgrade at corner over fred Thomas who allowed the most yards of any corner did in the league last year. David had 48 solo tackles and 2 interception but he is still and upgrade over Thomas. They also brought in depth in the secondary with the draft pick of Osama Young in the third round and the free agent signing of safety Kevin Kaesviharn.

This is why the Saints will have a better record than the Bears a high powered offense and a improving defense.
SpacemanSpiff

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You forgot!

6. Sean Payton. The man is my favorite head coach in the NFL right now. He is an inventive football mind who likes cooking up schemes to rip into opposing defenses, and his sleek hybrid offense is only the beginning. Not only does he have a great offensive mind, but a great football mind. He is not afraid to take risks, and will go for it on 4th down early on in the game, kick onside kicks, and whatnot. Payton is simply one of the most aggressive coaches I've ever seen, and I love it. The NFL needs more guys like Sean.

Adopt-A-Titan 2016: Mike Mularkey, the most misunderstood coach in NFL history. Also Ryan Succop, I guess.
THRILLHO

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpacemanSpiff wrote:
He is not afraid to take risks, and will go for it on 4th down early on in the game, kick onside kicks, and whatnot.

4th and 1, midfield against Dallas, and Payton converts with a reverse pretty much sums him up. Madden couldn't believe a coach would have that in his playbook.
TheRookie25

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2007 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpacemanSpiff wrote:
You forgot!

6. Sean Payton. The man is my favorite head coach in the NFL right now. He is an inventive football mind who likes cooking up schemes to rip into opposing defenses, and his sleek hybrid offense is only the beginning. Not only does he have a great offensive mind, but a great football mind. He is not afraid to take risks, and will go for it on 4th down early on in the game, kick onside kicks, and whatnot. Payton is simply one of the most aggressive coaches I've ever seen, and I love it. The NFL needs more guys like Sean.

It's good to see some love. The man throws everything out there including the kitchen sink. And with one full season under his belt, with his players more acclimated to the system, I can't imagine what he has in store for opposing defenses this season.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: