Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jimmy Smith

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bababooey

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 12:05 am    Post subject: Jimmy Smith Reply with quote

I'm new to the forums and i just wanted to start off by bringing up a pretty debatable subject...and bein a jaguar fan i figured a good debate could be whether Jimmy Smith will make the hall of fame....now whether he should make it is different than whether he will...

I think his numbers speak for himself, and i personally think he's got another good 2 years in him...however he never really got as much recognition as other recievers, maybe part of that is b/c he has played for a small market team, idk....but i unfortunatley feel like he could get screwed out of the hall of fame, being that he really is in my opinion a top 5 reciever for the past decade..i didnt actually look at the numbers but if you go from '95 to now he probably is up there w/ the best stats...what does everyone else think
jags28

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is off the subject a bit but we have another Jags fan!!!!!!!!!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Thanks to BillyShears for the sig
jagsfan18

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2005 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes. Welcome to the jaguars forum. Now back to the subjuct. I feel he will make the HOF. Maybe not exactly 5 years after he retires but I still feel like he will be in there. He has got alot of respect from people nationally. I think he lost alot of recongnition when McCardell left. He will still get in though. When he retires I see him with over 1,000 catches to his name. right now he has 792 and I could see him playing for 3 more good years. Thats just my opinion. Very Happy

Props to El ramster for the sig
jagz4life

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome welcome welcome to the Jaguars forum. Try to stay active in here and you'll have a great time.

Anyway, Jimmy feels that he has about 3 more years left in him and if he can get 2 1000 yard seasons in those three years, hes going to the hall. Hes not flashy but does his job consistently every year... the numbers speak louder than he does.
jags28

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, that's why I think he will get in the hall of fame aswell because he has consistant seasons all the time.

Thanks to BillyShears for the sig

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: