Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Dhani Jones headed to New Orleans?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BigBen7

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:11 am    Post subject: Dhani Jones headed to New Orleans? Reply with quote

Dhani Jones headed to New Orleans?

Quote:
NEW ORLEANS (AP) -- Former Philadelphia linebacker Dhani Jones, who started for the Eagles last season but was waived after last spring's draft, said Thursday night that he intends to sign with the New Orleans Saints. Jones, 29, discussed his decision while being interviewed on the NFL Network. Saints spokesman Greg Bensel did not immediately respond to a message seeking confirmation from the team. Jones, who is listed at 6-foot-1, 240 pounds, played four season with the New York Giants before spending the past three with the Eagles.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/football/nfl/07/05/saints.jones.ap/index.html

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol its just embarrassing Dhani was the Eagles SAM last year, he was awful i mean awful, i wish the best for him and hopefully he will be plugged back to WILL and be a more effective player for the Saints then he was for us Birds

Sig/Art by The Great Silo
#championCHIP #CHIPlife #Sparkles
BigBen7

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Jones will be good in New Orleans, I mean he's definitely better than any other LB they have on their current roster.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigBen7 wrote:
I think Jones will be good in New Orleans, I mean he's definitely better than any other LB they have on their current roster.

Dhani would get man handled by Scott Fujita

BigBen7

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bednarik60 wrote:

Shocked Was his level of play really that bad?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigBen7 wrote:
Bednarik60 wrote:

Shocked Was his level of play really that bad?

yeaaaaa it really was, its not "im bitter hes gone so lets bash him kinda thing" he really got man handled all year , what drove me crazy is... he would give up so many yards on his side , getting flat backed by fullbacks WR on crack blocks, pulling guards, he was so weak to the point of attack but when he made one Tackle " He celebrated soo much playing his Air Banjo and dancing around, it simply was embarrassing

Dhani will compete with Shanle for the WILL spot, but Shanle is a decent player who played solid for the Saints, Shanle doesn't stand out much but he produced 97 TKL's and 4 sacks in his first really full time starting year.

my view tho is he had one great season with 120 TKL 3 years ago but then 3 years only in the 70's TKL stat bracket . Hopefully for the Saints Dhani can be the Dhani he was with the Giants a few years back and be a leader,

navysaintsfan

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigBen7 wrote:

Wow, did you even see Fujita or Shanle play? We played you guys... That was the only thing to really brag on outside of our DEs. Fujita was a beast last season.

Kenny Vaccaro; coming soon to a town near you to screw up your QB's day. ATL first on the knock-off list. #RISEUPFORWHAT
thesickness89

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

navysaintsfan wrote:
BigBen7 wrote:

Wow, did you even see Fujita or Shanle play? We played you guys... That was the only thing to really brag on outside of our DEs. Fujita was a beast last season.

fujita was solid even when he played for us in dallas

Judgement tiiiiiiiiiiiiiime
BigBen7

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

navysaintsfan wrote:

That kind of came out wrong, whenever I saw Dhani Jones play he was top class, and Fujita was great last year as well.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

when eagles fans say he is awful, they arent exagerrating. he is honestly the worst lb to play sam last year. i cant believe he was signed

Judgement tiiiiiiiiiiiiiime
BigBen7

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thesickness89 wrote:
when eagles fans say he is awful, they arent exagerrating. he is honestly the worst lb to play sam last year. i cant believe he was signed

If Sean Payton managed to make Scott Shanle look half decent, I'm sure he can sort Dhani Jones out.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dhani Jones was recently on NFL Total Access. At the end of the show they do a segment called "4 downs." Rich Eisen asks the guest 4 questions. One of the questions was, "What was your most embarrassing moment as a rookie?" Dhani Jones replies, "missing tackles."

Well Dhani, if that's true then you must have been RRRRREEEEEEEEAAAAAALLLLLLLLLYYYYYYYYY embarrassed last season.
1 TD
mksadng

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigBen7 wrote:
thesickness89 wrote:

If Sean Payton managed to make Scott Shanle look half decent, I'm sure he can sort Dhani Jones out.

Wow do you know anything about the saints Scott Shanle was amazing last season as was Scott Fujita. You cant say he was half decent because you saw him what one? Thatd be like me saying Big Ben is only half decent because of his stats last season

Dontrelle Willis will have an ERA over 6 with the Detroit Tigers!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: