Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Chargers first round pick

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Diego Chargers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ferochis

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 7:48 pm    Post subject: Chargers first round pick Reply with quote

After the chargers loss, I heard them speak of wanting to take antrell rolle. I think that they shoudl do that because the secondary was ranked 30th or something like that. Everyone still holds their breath everytime, and opponent throws in the direction of davis or Florence. If we get rolle, and a veteran fs, that would improve the defense a lot. The defense would probably fall in the top 15 for sure. Florence is a good nickle back, not a good starter. I think that they trade with the clevelend browns for the third overall pick, but they don't give up both of the first rounders. Instead, they trow in either, sammy davis, florence, or jammar fletcher, and a third rounder in this draft, or a second in next years draft.
supratony

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

k.. we dont have a 3rd rounder this yr.... n i doubt we will trade jammer or florance.... and who the hell would want davis after see'n him play???.... theres no way we will draft rolle because unless he can play FS theres no way we can take another corner
charger-man

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that is a dumb idea...to take another corner! Our problems are not at corner. And by the way our total defense is 17th in the league so i don't think we need that much help to get in the top 15.
pigfuggah

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HA.... Jamar Fletcher?!?
supratony

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hahhahahha awww come on.... fletcher?? dude if miami gave up on him.... n they try'n to find a replacement for madison?? remind u fletcher is a 1st rounder.... look at how long we stuck with sammy's sorry [inappropriate/removed].... that should tell u how bad fletcher is a every down player
dirtybirdsn04

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If S.D. trades up they should take Mike Williams. Rivers, Tomlinson, Gates, and Williams. Looks like the top offense of the future!
MusingsFromBigPink

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 2:42 pm    Post subject: Browns trade with Chargers Reply with quote

Quote:
I think that they trade with the clevelend browns for the third overall pick, but they don't give up both of the first rounders. Instead, they trow in either, sammy davis, florence, or jammar fletcher, and a third rounder in this draft, or a second in next years draft.

I agree Rolle would be a good addition for the Chargers (having many corners doesn't mean you have good corners).

The Browns will trade you the #3 for the #12 and a 2nd round pick this year. You pick too late in the round for Cleveland to take a 3rd (if you had one). We (that's right, I've appointed myself team spokesman) have no interest in adding roster filler like davis, fletcher, et al. Now if you want to talk about Fonoti, . . .
Dago

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thomas Davis S

Braylon Edwards WR

Marcus Spears DL

Mike Williams WR

Derrick Johnson OLB

Anyone of these picks would be fine. IMO
greatone323

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 11:42 pm    Post subject: The Real Problem Reply with quote

Watching the playoff game we need a playmaker up front I pray for the big playmaker of this years draft

OL Derrick Johnson Texas
charger-man

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last time i checked derrick johnson was a linebacker not a tackle.
superchargers

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do you guys think about these choices for the bolts?

Mike Williams or Derrick Johnson?

Shaun Cody, Marcus Spears or Chris Canty?

Brees or Rivers?

Cam or Norm?

Demps, Dwight Smith, or Brodney Pool?

I hope we can get Logan Mankins with our 2nd round pick. He's a big mean MF.
charger-man

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike Williams

Shaun Cody

Brees

Cam

Smith
Bauer37

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Johnson

Spears

Rivers

Norm

Smith
Lowe_51

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

williams, but it doesn't matter, it's exteremely unlikely one would fall to 12 and the aj smith philosophy seems to be stockpile picks to bring in a bunch of quality players, not use them up to trade up for one player.

tough call on the d-linemen, but if i thought we could get canty in the mid-late 2nd round and his injury checks out ok, he's a similar talent to the other two if healthy, and he would be a great value there. then the possibility of trading down from 11 arises, maybe for a mid-second rounder and another first in next year's draft which looks to be loaded.

rivers is a no-brainer

norm would do great, but i'm happy with cam.

FS is a tough call. from what i've seen of pool i would love to bring him in. he is a real ballhawk. but i vomit every time i think of stanley richard, another high draft pick FS from the big 12. pool could be special though, whereas two FA's are solid, but also played on very talented defenses which both got after the QB very well, which can make a FS look very good.

and i agree, mankins would look great with a bolt on his helmet. reminds me a lot of a guy paying today in philly...jon runyan.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Diego Chargers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: