Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Linehan/McPherson???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Backwoodsboy65

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 4:55 pm    Post subject: Linehan/McPherson??? Reply with quote

Another quarterback option that I have heard rumors about is former FSU quarterback Adrian McPherson. After playing for several years in the AFL, he is a potential 4th or 5th rounder at 6-4 210. He can run the 40 in 4.5 and has a great downfield pass. He has an awesomely strong arm and his threat of running the ball keeps the defense on their toes. He would open up the flood gates to drop long bombs to Chambers and maximize his potential. Plus, after playing in those arenas, he is much better at releasing short passes in tight areas. The only problem with him is that Miami may not want to deal with someone who has had gambling issues in the past. But, If Miami does land the Minnesota Viking Offensive Coordinator Linehan (who interviewed with Miami yesterday), then it could be a good possibility. Linehan has a great record and is #1 on the Dolphin's list for Offensive Coordinator. Linehan is also the Quarterback coach that has been responsible for Daunte Culpepper from day 1. In Linehan's last three years his offense has placed second, first, and fourth.

Do you think Miami Will take a chance with somone who has had problems in the past (Adrian McPherson)?
Dolphins9954

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Id like to see them take a chance on him...just bringing in a scrambler would be so awesome
secondeye

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 5:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Linehan/McPherson??? Reply with quote

Backwoodsboy65 wrote:
Linehan has a great record and is #1 on the Dolphin's list for Offensive Coordinator. Linehan is also the Quarterback coach that has been responsible for Daunte Culpepper from day 1. In Linehan's last three years his offense has placed second, first, and fourth.

First and foremost, congratulations on landing Scott Linehan. McCombs is a true [inappropriate/removed] end business first owner and let him slip through the cracks. Linehan is aggressive, and most fans will appreciate that. He's very innovative and uses a lot of formation shifts and changes to maximize the offenses potential.

While I would scoff at that notion that Linehan is solely responsible for Culpepper's success from Day 1, Daunte Culpepper has matured into an all-pro Quarterback and improved quickly under Linehan's tutilage.

The bad news? You absolutely cannot polish a turd. The Dolphins offensive line and O-line coaching last year was absurd. It was a joke. To call it high-school level would be an insult to fine high school coaches. I understand that Linehan might also be recruiting Minnesota OL coach Steve Loney, but really anyone is an improvement.

Very few coaches can work miracles, and I don't think Linehan is one of them, but Linehan will make the most out of what he has, and right now he doesn't have much. Fans will need to be patient with him.

Best of luck to all Dolphins fans, they got a winner.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
MockingBird

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this shows the direction Saban wants to go in with the hire of Linehan. An explosive, big play offense. I don't think Miami will land a Shaun Alexander or Edgerrin James who will take up the whole cap. Getting Travis Henry might work out fine with a primary pass offense, or even Fason or Morency. If they keep their #2 pick, i wouldn't be surprised if they went with Mike Williams or a QB, either Rodgers or Smith. Saban said before you have to have a good passing game, and i think they will build around that. This is the best direction to go in.
iginlafire

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to hear about Linehan. And you hit the nail on the head about our o-line. Probably the worst position on any team in the league, and maybe the worst o-line in the NFL over the past 4-5 years. Just awful. And we still won 4 games.

I still think it's impossible to know what we're going to do at #2. I think both QBs are options, as are Brown and Benson. I think Rolle and Johnson are also strong options, and although I don't think we'll take Mike Williams, he's a slim possibility as well. Trading down, obviously is also an option. And with Saban being so careful about what gets out to the media, we really have no idea which way they are leaning. Should be a fun offseason.
Backwoodsboy65

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 11:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Linehan/McPherson??? Reply with quote

secondeye wrote:
While I would scoff at that notion that Linehan is solely responsible for Culpepper's success from Day 1....

I realize that Linehan is not solely responsible for Culpepper's success, I went to almost every game he played in with UCF. I was trying to show Miami fans that he can help young quarterbacks with potential become great quarterbacks.
Fire_In_The_Nole

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

McPherson I think would be a good pick up late in the draft. Would have been a great quarterback a Florida State if he didn't get in trouble. He has an awsome arm and he can also tuck it and run if he has to. He is smart with the ball also he had like 155 pass attempts with only one int. As for getting in trouble it happens, people make mistakes when they are young he paid his dues so I think let it die already.
marino_best_ever

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 3:25 pm    Post subject: Adrian McPherson Reply with quote

I agree with you 100% on McPherson. I think that would be a huge pick up for Miami and we can get him in a late round(3rd). That would leave our first round pick open, with which we should trade down for more picks. The phins have a lot of holes to fill. The D is geting old. o-line needs improvement and we need a solid runing attack. Lets leave AJ in there for at least another year and see what he can do with a better line and a better rushing attack. I think AJ will do just fine.
DEVO 1972

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WE HAVE TOO MANY WR TO DRAFT MIKE WILLIAMS THOUGH

HE IS A REAL TALENT .. WE HAVE TOO MANY OTHER NEEDS..

booker, boston , chambers, gilmore and thompson should do fine..

still waiting to see jr tolver coming off practice squad to make a difference..
DEVO 1972

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and i forgot the best guy chris chambers.... Laughing

o=line , running back, def lineman ,safety, maybe a olb and a qb..

this team needs alot Arrow Arrow Arrow Arrow .
SABAN-TOOTH FIN

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DUDE YOU ARE SO RIGHT..

THIS TEAM NEEDS TOO MUCH... WR'S ARE GOOD ENUFF..

WHAT ABOUT A OLB FROM TEXAS LIKE DARRYL JOHNSON?

HE AND BENSON BOTH COULD WORK WITH THE FINS...

Y ES, AND I AM NOT A BIG TIME LONGHORN FAN... I AM A GATOR@!!

UF!!

ALIVE IN 2005................
daninoz

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think McPherson goes first day. Out of 32 teams, one Gm is going to be able to overlook the guy's problems after seeing the pure atheleticism and the accuracy.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Miami Dolphins All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: