Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Matt Jones turning heads...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jagz4life

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually I meant to put this in the Best Play thread, but I did this by accident, well whatever, it works lol Very Happy
NateDawg

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

at least we're talking about it. I'm not picky.
jagsfan18

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well at least you didnt do what the Steeler fan did. Laughing Laughing

Props to El ramster for the sig
NateDawg

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ha ha...that's funny...not much will top that for a while.
jagsfan18

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2005 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't seen anything like that on here before since I joined. Laughing

Big7BenMVP

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Jacksonville Jaguars drafted Matt Jones, knowing full well that he was going to be a project at WR. The reason they drafted him though, was to be the eventual replacement for Reggie Williams, who is going to ultimately slide over to the #1 WR spot to replace Jimmy Smith, once Jimmy Smith actuall does retire. I loved this move when it was made, and I still love it to this day. I'm sure anyone on here can vouch for this, but I was one of the biggest Matt Jones' fans here. I was hoping that the Pittsburgh Steelers would have made a move up to get him in the draft, but they didn't. However, I'm still happy with the Heath Miller selection, as I think it's a good one that fills a need. But back to Matt Jones, I believe he's going to be a star in this league in about two to three seasons. He's going to be a yearly 1300 yard receiver with around 100 catches and about 10 TDs every season, once he hits his stride. He's going to be a freak. Matt Jones and Reggie Williams are going to be one of the best WR duo's in the National Football League in a couple of seasons. The other WR corps that will rival them in terms of young players with skill and potential, are the Detroit Lions. But remember this, just be patient with Matt Jones, don't rush the kid. That's how busts happen.

as11osu wrote:
You want to own a Hummer, go for it I guess. It's a selfish decision and a true reflection of character IMO.
^^^ The reason assumptions are dumb. ^^^
jagsfan18

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We will take it slow with him. He just is a very smart and fast kid. I couldn't even believe how fast he was when I first saw him. Very Happy

jagz4life

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big7BenROY wrote:
The Jacksonville Jaguars drafted Matt Jones, knowing full well that he was going to be a project at WR. The reason they drafted him though, was to be the eventual replacement for Reggie Williams, who is going to ultimately slide over to the #1 WR spot to replace Jimmy Smith, once Jimmy Smith actuall does retire. I loved this move when it was made, and I still love it to this day. I'm sure anyone on here can vouch for this, but I was one of the biggest Matt Jones' fans here. I was hoping that the Pittsburgh Steelers would have made a move up to get him in the draft, but they didn't. However, I'm still happy with the Heath Miller selection, as I think it's a good one that fills a need. But back to Matt Jones, I believe he's going to be a star in this league in about two to three seasons. He's going to be a yearly 1300 yard receiver with around 100 catches and about 10 TDs every season, once he hits his stride. He's going to be a freak. Matt Jones and Reggie Williams are going to be one of the best WR duo's in the National Football League in a couple of seasons. The other WR corps that will rival them in terms of young players with skill and potential, are the Detroit Lions. But remember this, just be patient with Matt Jones, don't rush the kid. That's how busts happen.

We know to take it slow, and we know he might start out slow because of the transistion. That why I feel we made this pick, because Jones should be really good in about 3 years... which about the same time Jimmy thinks he will retire from football, pretty good thinking by Del Rio, wouldnt you say? Wink
jagsfan18

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we had a very good draft...JDR and "Shack" Harris really knew what they were doing. Very Happy

hoopdreams

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hes still got a lot of learning for a wide reciever because he was a qb in college but he is a tremendous athlete and will not start but will quickly learn how to play wr in this league

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Jacksonville Jaguars All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5

Jump to: