Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

49ers season preference
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  

How would you prefer to see a 49ers season end based on the choices
Play in Super Bowl and lose by 24+ points
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Play in Super Bowl and lose because of a very bad call by the refs
23%
 23%  [ 8 ]
Lose the NFC Champioship game, but keep perfect Super Bowl record
73%
 73%  [ 25 ]
Total Votes : 34

Night Angel

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 12:18 pm    Post subject: 49ers season preference Reply with quote

Im not saying that we will reach any of these scenerios this season, but in the near future, which would you guys prefer of the 3 scenerios?

1) 49ers have a really good season and make it to the playoffs. We battle hard and reach the Super Bowl. But, in the Super Bowl, we lose by 24+ points. So we had a good season, reached the Big game and got our butts handed to us.

2) 49ers have a really good season and make the playoffs. We battle hard and reach the Super Bowl. We play close the entire game and lose the game on a blown call by the refs. It isnt overturned and we lose the Super Bowl because of it. We had a good season, reached the Big game and took a loss in the Super Bowl completely because of the refs.

3) 49ers have a really good season and make the playoffs. We battle hard in the NFC Championship game but lose out. We dont make it to the Super Bowl, but we keep our perfect record in Super Bowl play.
kaybra

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally myself the undefeated record in the Superbowl is not that important of a record to me.The 5 wins are.I would prefer to make it to the Superbowl and lose on a bad call by the refs.The other two scenerios are not real appeasing to me heres why.

1)Losing by 24+ points in the Super bowl would be horrible not only for the niners confidence and moral(our team is very young.) but also because it would only add fire to the debate that the AFC is BY FAR the better conference.I personally see the balance shifting back to the NFC within the next 5 years.

3)Although making the playoffs would be great,and making the NFC championship game would be even better.There would be a feeling of let down to have made it that far and not have won.Plus there was no mention as to what the score could be.IT could be final score Saints 49 49ers 7.That would not sit well with any of us.

If the refs make a bad call it's nothing that our team can control.I think this would be the one scenerio where the team would be hungry the next season, without any let down.Plus if the game was that close in the Superbowl that it came down to a bad call by the refs it would show just how improved that not only the 49ers are but also how much better the NFC has become.
oldman9er

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good hypothetical here, Angel. All scenarios are double-edged, but the one that would crush me the least would be the 3rd one. I hear what you're saying Kaybra, but Angel did say we battle hard, and that would suggest to me a close battle ( maybe that's just me ). If we lost due to a ref call, someone or multiple people would lose their lives, and I don't want that. Same loss of life could be linked to the SB blowout loss.

My only option is #3, where it will hurt, but we would know how achievable the SB goal will be in 08.

___
dasg

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

u missed the 4 option......9ers beat the patriots and we become world champs and we win by a differrence of 24 points Cool

but if i have to choose one ill probably choose 3
Night Angel

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dasg wrote:
u missed the 4 option......9ers beat the patriots and we become world champs and we win by a differrence of 24 points Cool

but if i have to choose one ill probably choose 3

Well, if I put that as an option and someone chose somethiong else, they should be chased outta here and never allowed to return Wink

Oldman, you are right, I was thinking a competitive game for the NFC Championship game. Something where we were could still come back later in the game, something other than a blowout. I probably shoulda mentioned that in the original post, my bad.
#16 Forever

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would pick numer 3 also. I wouldn't like to lose the big game even if it was for a bad call.

Location: Buring the eternal flame Candlestick Park - you will always be in my heart
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

#3 keep our perfect record in the SB.

heres why i chose it:

1 and 2 would crush our team morale for a while. while 3 wouldnt as much.

^a seahawks fan in reference to 2013

FOREVER FAITHFUL
the niners lost the superbowl
FOREVER HATEFUL

SaveourSonics wrote:
Some Seattle fans are really getting out of hand.
#16 Forever

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NINERFAN_4_LIFE wrote:
#3 keep our perfect record in the SB.

heres why i chose it:

1 and 2 would crush our team morale for a while. while 3 wouldnt as much.

And also will break our hearts.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought back to the other super bowls that I remember...losing big sucks no matter how you look at it (remember the chargers?)... I dont really care about the undefeated super bowl record either, but I chose the last one because I cant remember any team in recent memory that was good enough to win the big game, got screwed, and then came back and won it the next year. They end up losing alot of players just like the winners do. I think losing in the championship game would be more important to our franchise because the players would be that much hungrier. To have a taste of the big show and just miss because you're not quite there yet, would pi$$ me off way more than knowing I could/should have won it all. Thats important these days with the egos these players have. I think #3 would have a better chance of lighting a fire throughout the organization.
MoRicePlease80

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would never want to lose the superbowl on a blown call by the refs, blatant or not. No one likes to hear about how your team got screwed, I know I hate it when I hear seahawks fans complain even though I think they did blow some calls. Id rather lose decisively then always knowing in the back of my head we should have yet another superbowl victory. Plus I wouldnt want to taint the win for whoever did happen to beat us.
sbrown

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would have to be #3. No one wants to get blown out and we will be motivated the following year after a close loss in th NFC champ game. Plus FA would want to come to us to help get a ring and get over the hump

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't like the options... Confused but probably the the Nfc champ game, I love seeing that undeafeted record in the superbowl Very Happy

immuhguy10 wrote:
I LOVE THE FORTY-NINERS!!! I LOVE THE FORTY-NINERS!!!

Everyone is a 49er fan at heart Wink
SFaithful97

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NFC championship game loss has to be it for me. IF the niners made the superbowl I would be so pumped up that either of the two losses mentioned would crush me, especially given the fact we would lose our perfect SB record. Making the NFC finals would still be a great season and a huge stride for our team in the right direction. If we won that game however, I would just have that feeling that we could beat anyone, and losing after you feel that is always tougher for me. If we were to lose to a team in the NFC, like say the Saints, who seem to be the better team at this point, you never really have as huge a letdown.
MOST IMPORTANT POINT
I also do not want the last football game I see to be a niners loss.
I would much rather watch a semi-neutral game the next week to help get that out of my system

MAC DRE wrote:
I'd rather have young Wagner and Wright going forward than Willis and Bowman.
Night Angel

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ive gotta admit, I wasnt expecting a landslide vote like this ... very interesting. Looks like I will have to come up with a tougher one next
MoRicePlease80

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Night Angel wrote:
Ive gotta admit, I wasnt expecting a landslide vote like this ... very interesting. Looks like I will have to come up with a tougher one next

How about more realistic choices for next season such as:

1. Win the division but lose in the playoffs by 20
2. Earn a wildcard spot but lose in a close game
3. Win 10 games but due to Strength of Schedule and other such things fail to make the playoffs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: