Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

A Game - What Would You Do?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Junior

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 2:29 pm    Post subject: A Game - What Would You Do? Reply with quote

While we disagree as to what exactly the Lions should do during FA and in the draft, we can all pretty much agree as to what the Lions need; S, OL, TE, DE and a 3rd WR. I think we would all agree that it would be great if Millen could get another sucker to move up 1 or 2 spots in the first round give up their 2nd round pick in the deal but draft trades are too unpredictable.

Below is a list of the Top 5 players for each position (Top 10 WR) as rated by ESPN & Mel Kiper. Using these lists and only the current Lions picks for the first 2 rounds (#10 & #41) and signing only 1 FA, what would you do? (OL list is the top 2 OT, top 3 OG & top C, Thomas Davis is listed as OLB on ESPN.)

Safety
Thomas Davis –OLB – GA, Ernest Shazor – MI, Jason Allen – Tenn, Vincent Fuller – VA Tech, Oshiomogho Atogwe – Stan, Gerald Sensabaugh - NC

Defensive End
Dan Cody – OK, Erasmus James – Wis, Shaun Cody – USC, Matt Roth IA, David Pollack - GA

Offensive Line
Alex Barron – OT – Fl St, Jammal Brown – OT – OK, Marcus Johnson – OG, Logan Mankins – OG – Fresno St, Elton Brown – OG – VA, David Baas – C - MI

Tight End
Heath Miller – VA, Alex Smith – Stan, Garrett Cross – CA, Steve Fleming – AZ, Kevin Everett – The U

Wide Receiver
1. Mike Williams 2. Braylon Edwards –MI
3. Mark Clayton – OK 4. Craphonso Thorpe – Fl St
5. Fred Gibson – GA 6. Terrence Murphy – TX A&M
7. Charles Frederick – Wash 8. Jason Anderson – Wake
9. Josh Davis – Marshall 10. Craig Bragg - UCLA

In FA I would go for an OG and try to get Joe Andruzzi or S and try to get Donavan Darius. If I sign Andruzzi in the draft with the 10th pick I would take Thomas Davis to upgrade IMO the weakest position on the team and with the 41std pick I would take TE Alex Smith or TE Garrett Cross assuming the Heath Miller will be off the board.

If I sign Darius I would take Heath Miller with the 10th pick and David Baas or Matt Roth with the 41st pick in that order.
Junior

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NO TRADES!!!
UtBDan

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

why are we limited to that? why not just say use your first 2 picks in the draft and say what you're gonna do in free agency; here's the recommended team needs...

?
Vikings fan.
KJonesISsweet

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 10:31 pm    Post subject: i say Reply with quote

take best defensivr player available and then take Shazor in second
Junior

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's limited because it makes it tougher. Anyone could say that they would trade back a few spots to pick up another 2nd round pick then trade back up into the 1st round like the Lions did last year.
A2Wolves6

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sign: Donovin Darius, S, Jacksonville

Draft:
RD 1: Heath Miller, TE, Virginia
RD 2: David Baas, OG, Michigan
Footballs Future member #10

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: