Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

With the 32nd pick in the 2005 NFL Draft the Patriots pick..
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hollywood14

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 7:52 pm    Post subject: With the 32nd pick in the 2005 NFL Draft the Patriots pick.. Reply with quote

Marlin Jackson.CB.Michigan

He fits the Patriots scheme so well. He can play CB and Safety and is just a Bill B. player..could be the next Ty Law because of the Michigan blood.

Jgoldiscool on the sig
GoPats

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love to get Jackson, although he really wasn't GREAT at Safety, he's definitely a corner.
RD

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think Jackson will be on the board that deep into it.

He's one of the bigger guys at the spot, and will probably go before that. That is, unless they dig and find out he hasn't grown up from his fighting days at Michigan. Thats going to be something heavily scrutinized.

Right now, I think of all the top guys, Corey Webster is most likely to be on the board when the Pats pick. With the Saban relationship, I think it's a safe bet to think we'll be very interested.
hollywood14

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I disagree. I think Marlin Jackson will be be there, there are 4 CB's better than him:

1. Antrel Rolle
2. Justin Miller
3. Carlos Rogers
4. Adam Jones

I think Marlin could be one of the Patriots players to get who would be there at 32. His stock fell because he played Safety a little but he is a true CB.

Jgoldiscool on the sig
RD

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And you think only 4 corners go in the Top 31 picks? I doubt it. I think at least 5 go. Corey Webster could even be off the board come that point. Teams value corners, especially corners with size. Jackson is the 2nd best big corner in the draft, and I can't see him lasting that long, unless his issues at Michigan 2 years ago are a bigger deal than has been let on. And in that case, he probably wouldnt be on the Pats board to begin with.
GoPats

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2005 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

a few player always fall, it's inevitable, teams make stupid picks (cardinals). It allows the pats to take the BPA and marlin could very well be it, just like Ben Watson last year.
GulfBayWarriors

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont care how you rank those corners, they are all great ones in my mind
TomBrady12

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 1:02 pm    Post subject: Draft a "hog" Reply with quote

yes, the Pats need help in the secondary. but wouldn't a mauling offensive lineman fit the bill here as well? Guards David Baas (6'4" 311) from Michigan and Elton Brown (6'5" 338) from Virginia or a Tackle like Pete McMahon (6'7" 325) of Iowa, Michael Munoz (6'6" 315) of Tennessee, or Adam Terry (6'7 305) from Syracuse all fit the bill.

whatever they do, filling holes on the offensive line and defensive secondary should be a draft priority.
TomBrady12

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 1:02 pm    Post subject: Draft a "hog" Reply with quote

yes, the Pats need help in the secondary. but wouldn't a mauling offensive lineman fit the bill here as well? Guards David Baas (6'4" 311) from Michigan and Elton Brown (6'5" 338) from Virginia or a Tackle like Pete McMahon (6'7" 325) of Iowa, Michael Munoz (6'6" 315) of Tennessee, or Adam Terry (6'7 305) from Syracuse all fit the bill.

whatever they do, filling holes on the offensive line and defensive secondary should be a draft priority.
RD

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's too early for Baas, Brown will probably be off the board, way too early for McMahon, and Terry is more of a finesse blocker. I like Munoz, and wouldnt mind him at that spot, but I think a corner presents more value, and Id rathre look at an OG. Light, Ashworth, and Gorin is a decent trio of tackles. I think we need more punch on the inside instead of at tackle. I really like Munoz actually, but would still go corner if its Webster, Rogers, or Jackson.
andrew91

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok...I would like to end the cliche that the pats will pick Jackson....they lack depth at corner? Well anyone would with there top 2 playmakers out.....
No way in hell they take a corner, if they do, he will be wasted, Asante Samual is coming up and Randall Gay after being bapstised the first few weeks has done a decent job
RD

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But, with Law and Poole likely being gone, it goes beyond depth at the position. Even though Gay and Samuel have done well, Im not comfortable going with them as my two starting corners entering the season. We need more talent, and a bigger body among our top group, and that needs to be addressed. Id love to keep Law, but if we dont, we have to bring in another top notch talent, whether its a pick or a FA.
rblevens

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe it would be a FA to mentor the young studs the pats have drafted in the past three years.

Sameul, Wilson, Gay UDFA lol, Scott, Reid

they need a cb like Dyson or Lucas to mentor them. I would prefer Dyson, as he is really physical and I think matches the scheme.

I have heard some rumers about the Titans trading Rolle...any thoughts?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Rolle is being traded, the Bolts could go after him.
But I dont think there is truth to it, and the pats wont chase if he is but on the block
Archuleta31

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2005 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thinkBrandon Browner a 6-4 202 pound CB Out of Oregon St. that can rn a 4.45 40 would fit well in the pats D. He is the biggest CB in the draft and is a great open field tackle. He is also very fat for his size, which allows him to get over the WR's and snach the ball.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: