You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

FOXSPORTS RUMORS DENVER TRADES UP
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
broncofansd

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we end up trading with Carolina and get Kris Jenkins. Which I hope somehow happens. The rest of the mock should look like this.

#14 Pick Carriker/Anderson/Anthony Spencer or worst case scenario Robert Meachum WR. I think by adding Jenkins and one of those DE will give Denver the team we need.

#86 Pick Sabby Piscitelli Safety Oregon State. Good player who can learn under LYNCH.
broncos67

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncofansd wrote:
If we end up trading with Carolina and get Kris Jenkins. Which I hope somehow happens. The rest of the mock should look like this.

#14 Pick Carriker/Anderson/Anthony Spencer or worst case scenario Robert Meachum WR. I think by adding Jenkins and one of those DE will give Denver the team we need.

#86 Pick Sabby Piscitelli Safety Oregon State. Good player who can learn under LYNCH.

Carriker wont be there and that is absolutely too high for Spencer. Carriker does not fit our system. Period. If we take him I would be infuriated.

Piscitelli is good though.

Thanks, Tzimisce
Zukhyubern

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Come on Jamaal, fall right down that ladder...

Pray
broncofansd

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree on Anderson being exactly what Denver needs but in this case if we trade with Carolina he might not be there.

The fact that you hate Carriker/Spencer is only your opinion.

Carriker is going to be a Stud!!!! 6'6" 295lbs Smart/Fast/Strong DE placing him next Warren or Jenkins and having Dumervill on the otherside I think our DLINE just got SCARY!!!!!!

Spencer also is going to be a STUD!!! Great Motor/Strong LED the Nation in Tackles for LOSS. ONCE AGAIN Placing him next to Warren/Jenkins /Dumervill SCARY!!!!

Anderson is the Ideal Pick!!! Big/Fast/Strong. He will be a great player for years.

I think the whole Key is Jenkins. UPGRADING THE DT position is more important than DE. Watching Myers rush the passer was not very fun. I thought about it when I heard that we might get Calvin Johnson and asked myself which part of the defense is the weakest. It was the DT's Placing Jenkins next to Warren will put alot more pressure on opposing Offenses!!!!
dominate26

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

but see i wouldnt mind the spencer pick but that would be a REACH at 14, if we want him we might as well just stay put
broncos67

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncofansd wrote:
I agree on Anderson being exactly what Denver needs but in this case if we trade with Carolina he might not be there.

The fact that you hate Carriker/Spencer is only your opinion.

Carriker is going to be a Stud!!!! 6'6" 295lbs Smart/Fast/Strong DE placing him next Warren or Jenkins and having Dumervill on the otherside I think our DLINE just got SCARY!!!!!!

Spencer also is going to be a STUD!!! Great Motor/Strong LED the Nation in Tackles for LOSS. ONCE AGAIN Placing him next to Warren/Jenkins /Dumervill SCARY!!!!

Anderson is the Ideal Pick!!! Big/Fast/Strong. He will be a great player for years.

I think the whole Key is Jenkins. UPGRADING THE DT position is more important than DE. Watching Myers rush the passer was not very fun. I thought about it when I heard that we might get Calvin Johnson and asked myself which part of the defense is the weakest. It was the DT's Placing Jenkins next to Warren will put alot more pressure on opposing Offenses!!!!

In no way did I say i HATED either of them. Im a huge fan of Spencer. Read my posts elsewhere, Im convinced we will draft that kid. I just said Spencer at 14, when theres debate over if hes a first rounder, is just sketchy.

Carriker doesn't fit our system. I dont hate him, he's just not right for us.

Thanks, Tzimisce
jonnyj20

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys don't sleep on Jarvis Moss, (aka mini-javon kearse) He sounds like he is a perfect fit for a Bates DE. Tall/Fast/Athletic. That being said I hope that we get Anderson, although I would be happy with Moss.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just about everyone is reporting that the Broncos will move up. In my opinion, here are some of the possibilities. In light of yesterday's acquisition of Holdman, I don't see us going LB in the 1st round.

If we move up to 10 (Houston), I think the guy we would take would be Jamal Anderson. We get an instant starter at a position of need. If Willis is there, he will be tempting as well. Also, lots of rumors that Amobi Okoye is on our radar.

One interesting note about Okoye, besides the fact that he is only 19, is that at the Senior bowl, he was also lining up at DE. I've heard he can play both positions and given the fact that Bates likes bigger/space eating DT's, I think the Broncos might be looking at Okoye not as a DT, but as a DE. Just a thought.

One scenario to consider is that if we move up, that might indicate that we are NOT going to land Jenkins. We more than likely would surrender our bargaining chips to move up.

Personally, I don't have a problem staying at #21 and taking Anthony Spencer. From what I've seen, the guy has a lot of speed and is all over the field. We certainly need that type of end. I do agree with Benny in that Carriker is a bull rushing type of end, and not a speed end - which is what we need.

I'll put my mock up this afternoon.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: