You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

P

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tonyguern

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 6:55 am    Post subject: P Reply with quote

Last edited by tonyguern on Fri Apr 27, 2007 4:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
spush

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EDIT...

Dont like it, sorry. To make a mock draft you need to consider all financial ramifications as well.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
To make a mock draft you need to consider all financial ramifications as well

To make a comment about financial ramifications you should be familar with the financial rules Wink

Explain to me the Rookie cap....Thanks

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think daniel snyder's smart enough to do something like this...

and we're not dumb enough to trade all those picks.
SteelSedition

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate trading future picks since you can never predict how you'll be sitting as a team next year.
spush

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StillersFury wrote:
Quote:
To make a mock draft you need to consider all financial ramifications as well

To make a comment about financial ramifications you should be familar with the financial rules Wink

Explain to me the Rookie cap....Thanks

I understand enough to know they wont pay the money required to sign the #5 overall pick. Please educate me on how that fits in the budget and why it would be a good idea at this particular time to trade up 10 or more spots. I dont believe it takes a capologist to understand that. But from my limited cap knowledge each team is allotted a certain amount depending on draft position, with the top 15 able to negotiate 6 year deals. Any agent in his right mind will pull the last years #15 contract and ask for at least a 10-20% raise from last year due to extra salary cap room in bonuses. Now translate that to the #5 overall pick with limited cap room available right now and it isnt feasible with keeping the current roster in tact. Even with the #5 pick getting somewhere from 16-20+ mil guaranteed pro rated over 5-6 years still disables them to use the existing cap money so we can have our 10 new defensive starters for a 43 defense.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First off, Detroit is not going to trade down 19 spots. They want out of the #2 pick but would like to stay in the top 12 and Denver probably won't want to give up what it would take to get up that far. Also Pittsburgh would not be able to sign all of there drafts picks because Adams being picked at number #6 would command about the same contract as Mario Williams got last year as the First overall pick (inflation). So there is no way the Steelers do this trade, I like your thinking Adams will be a dominate DE just not on the Steelers.
STELRFAN

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 12:21 pm    Post subject: hmm Reply with quote

arz just spent 30 mill on a cb and a safety and they have adrian wilson so they are not even considering landry also the steelers will never trade that much future not for a player who is very weak against the run and trading up to that spot means 20 mill in guranteed money with troy coming up eventually big ben they are not going to toss around that kind of cash

UML-Redskins GM GoSkins

Jamal Lewis seems to be a real uphill runner now. That's a problem. Downhill runners are preferred. Maybe he is running in the wrong direction. Espn DJ Gallo

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: