You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Calvin Johnson maybe to Denver
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
broncos67

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Conando wrote:
While i don't think CJ will bust i think there is a chance he might take a few years to adjust and become a pro bowl wide receiver. I also think like others mentioned that the impact of wide receivers is usually overrated.
I think a better option might be assuming tampa still wants CJ but Detroit likes our offer better would be to make it a 3way deal where we get #4,#35,#64 for #21,#56, #86 and next years first.

Then we can draft something like:

4: Joe Thomas
35: DE/S I think id prefer Anthony Spencer or Merriweather
64: Trade for Jenkins
70: Lots of options here
if we went S in 2nd then Moses or Alama-Francis
If we went DE then maybe Rouse?
Or LB and take DeOssie
Or trade the pick for 2 4ths or late 3rd/4th and grab Quincy Black and Josh Gattis

I think id prefer Thomas, Spencer, Black, Gattis, Jenkins this should fill all our holes on defense and keep Cutler well protected for the next 10 years.

First off I say welcome to the forum. Second I must say that trade with DET is so unlikely. The cost of the #4 overall alone is so much but to add #35 and #64 in there and we would only have to give approx. what we would to get the #4, DET would never in a million years do that trade.

Thanks, Tzimisce
LockdownChamp

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I LOVE Calvin Johnson, but it hurts so bad to give all of those draft picks up for him. I can't remember the Broncos ever trading away their future 1st round pick for anyone, which leads me to believe this won't really happen. We will see though. I'm getting psyched for the draft.
FirebirdGTP

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

champ+jay+al=SB wrote:
FirebirdGTP wrote:
I also wanted to bring up this little tid bit of top 10 receivers picked in the last ten years.

2006-
No wide receivers taken in the first ten picks

2005-
Braylon Edwards - Average receiver
Troy Williamson - Bust
Mike Williams- Bust

2004-
Larry Fitzgerald- Pro Bowler
Reggie Williams- Bust
Roy Williams - Pro Bowler

2003-
Charles Rodgers- Bust
Andre Johnson- Pro Bowler

2002-

2001-
David Terrell- Bust
Koren Robinson- Bust

2000-
Peter Warrick - Bust
Plaxico Burress - Average Wideout
Travis Taylor - Bust

1999-
David Boston - Bust

1998-

1997- Ike Hillard- Bust

So in the last ten years of so-called "Cant Miss Prospects" at the wide out position, we have had 16 players taken of which 11 were Busts, 3 Pro Bowl Caliber Receivers, and 2 good #2 option receiver. Not a big fan of those odds!!

SOme of those players that you said are busts/average are good and i donno what you are talking about.

Ike Hilliard is not a bust, hes been a starter for like 10 years. Hes never been a star, but hes always been solid.

David Boston is definitely not a bust. He has had 2 seasons over 1000 yards.

Plax is average/good

travis taylor has been solid but not great.

Reggie Williams and Troy Williamson cant be considered busts yet. wayyy to early.

braylon edwards a bust. Shocked Shocked wow

Ok, lets look at the guys stats you think are not bustsor average receivers
(These are averages over their career/per year)

Ike Hillard
43 Receptions 525 Yards 3TD

Travis Taylor
44 Receptions 573 Yards 3TD

David Boston (Who had two good years when he was on roids)
39 Receptions 587 Yards 3TD

Plaxico Buress (Who I said is a #2 option receiver)
57 Receptions 909 Yards 5.5TD

Reggie Williams
38 Receptions 443 Yards 1.5TD

Troy Williamson
30 Receptions 413 Yards 1TD

Braylon Edwards (who I said was an average receiver)
46 Receptions 698 Yards 4.5TD

I'm sorry but if you are picked in the top ten of the draft and are not averaging more then 50 receptions, 600 yards or over 3 TD's year your a bust in my opinion.

I will agree with you after looking at the numbers Plaxico is above average, and I didn't say Braylon was a bust, I said he was an average wideout. He still has time to prove me wrong.

Heck, we got better production out of Ashley Lelie (in his four years here he averaged 42 catches, 751 yards and 3 TD's) and I don't remeber a single person that felt real bad when we traded him.

If the Broncos traded two #1's a #2 and two #3's for any of these guys, and this was the production we got there is not a Broncos fan alive that wouldn't be calling for Shanny's head. So all I am saying is WR is very hard to scout, and I know Calvin has all the numbers, but there is no such thing as a sure thing at the wideout postion on draft day.
marktheshark

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is another deal that could be worked out.

http://walterfootball.com/draftrumors.php
Quote:

The Broncos get:
Detroit's No. 2 (Calvin Johnson)

The Lions get:
Houston's No. 10
Denver's No. 70
Denver's first-round pick in 2008

The Texans get:
Denver's No. 21
Denver's No. 56
Denver's No. 86

That's A LOT to give up.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marktheshark wrote:

Quote:

The Broncos get:

The Lions get:
Houston's No. 10
Denver's No. 70

The Texans get:
Denver's No. 21
Denver's No. 56
Denver's No. 86

That's A LOT to give up.

no, no, and no Not talking

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marktheshark wrote:

Quote:

The Broncos get:

The Lions get:
Houston's No. 10
Denver's No. 70

The Texans get:
Denver's No. 21
Denver's No. 56
Denver's No. 86

That's A LOT to give up.
now with that...

I WOULD BE PISSED

Not talking
AnAngryAmerican

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So we give up all of this year's picks and next year's 1st rounder? Yikes!

Calvin Johnson is good but I don't know if we should give up that much for him. But I'm not believing anything I hear this time of year, nor am I putting anything past Shanahan.

bhslinebacker wrote:
AAA is right, as he usually is.
broncostrings

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LockdownChamp wrote:
I can't remember the Broncos ever trading away their future 1st round pick for anyone, which leads me to believe this won't really happen. We will see though. I'm getting psyched for the draft.

Both trades were a long time ago but the Broncos gave up future 1st rounders for Mike Prichard and Gary Zimmerman. What makes me think that this trade will not happen is....when do the Broncos ever let anyone know what they are trying to do with their draft? Never....since all this is public, it makes me wonder if they are really trying to do this trade or have something else in mind
broncos_fan _from _uk

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncostrings wrote:
LockdownChamp wrote:
I can't remember the Broncos ever trading away their future 1st round pick for anyone, which leads me to believe this won't really happen. We will see though. I'm getting psyched for the draft.

Both trades were a long time ago but the Broncos gave up future 1st rounders for Mike Prichard and Gary Zimmerman. What makes me think that this trade will not happen is....when do the Broncos ever let anyone know what they are trying to do with their draft? Never....since all this is public, it makes me wonder if they are really trying to do this trade or have something else in mind
with all of this talk about trading up it makes me wonder if in reality we are going to trade down?
jonnyj20

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos_fan _from _uk wrote:
broncostrings wrote:
LockdownChamp wrote:

with all of this talk about trading up it makes me wonder if in reality we are going to trade down?

I am a bigger fan of trading down that I am of trading up.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jonnyj20 wrote:
broncostrings wrote:
LockdownChamp wrote:

UK,

Why would the Broncos do that?
If they are sending out smoke on trading up the just knowing that they are going to trade down it has no effect on them or the other teams. They would be blowing all this smoke for nothing. So why?

I think they do want to trade up, Just not to #2 or #10 but to #6. IMO.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jonnyj20 wrote:
broncostrings wrote:
LockdownChamp wrote:

so am i. imo there are only 17 players worther of a 1st round grade (and some disagree that i have Griffen as one of them) but there are about 45 players in that second tier. why not trade down and get more of those second tier players? more chances at landing a stud.
Blaze

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TexanNation Roast http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=237149

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: