Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Vince Carter

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rblevens

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 8:12 pm    Post subject: Vince Carter Reply with quote

What are the odds that UDFA Vince Carter, C, Oklahoma, will make the final roster?

Whenever I get back from the lake I will post the interview I had with Vince a few months ago.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that there are good odds Vince will make the squad. i thought of him asa 3rd or 4th round pick in the draft, and he should battle with Jake Grove to start.

Iggles wrote:
This guy gets it. Seriously, the ideas being espoused here need to get to 88 mph so they can go back to the 1950's.

I'm a cold-blooded dickens.
sanfranraidersfan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

somewhat mediocre odds, i think, adam treu or grove will get the start, but if they start grove at guard, carters odds look nice

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is an interview I had with him via e-mail. We have met a few times and he is a really nice guy.

What highschool did you go to and what sports did you play?
i attended waco high school in waco tx. i played football and participated in track and field.

What were your experiences at the combine/pro day?
well i had done all the drills and tests before but it was just a little added pressure knowing what was at stake. having all those coaches and scouts there gave the workout a different feel.

Growing up, which teams did you follow?
college football i liked Michigan, Texas a&m. NFL i was a cowboy loyalist

Which teams would you love to play for?
id love to play for any NFL team. it has been a dream of mine since i was 7 and became a goal for me as a freshman at ou.

What round do you believe you will be drafted in? We at Draft Icon have you in the 3rd-5th round, due to Centers not being one of the "elite" positions.
i dont really know. ive been seeing a lot of different stuff and heard the same but that looks ok.

Which player/s inspired you?
guys like Daryl green and jerry rice. as far as pro sports is concerned they are old but their work ethic and dedication kept them playing at a high level much longer than guys are expected to be able to.

Are their any special people that made a difference in your life via football?
my head coach in high school who introduced me to fca. he taught me a lot about football and even more about how to carry myself off the field.

What are your stronger points on the field? What are your weaker points?
i believe my leadership ability on the field is one of my strongest points. Good quickness, attention to technique and knowledge of the game are a few things that i think have helped me separate myself from other guys at my position. Ive never been the biggest or strongest guy on the field which is a weakness, but because I have a full understanding of my talents and abilities i feel that im always in a position to be successful.

Do you enjoy run blocking or pass blocking more?
i enjoy them both. You wear down opponents in the run then that slows down their pass rush. you've got to be effective in both areas to become a good player. its fun to knock guys on the ground in the run as well as deny them passage to your quarterback.

Do you feel more comfortable in the I-formation or shotgun?
its easier to run off the ball at center when the quarterback is underneath. in shotgun i have to control the velocity of the ball whereas in any other formation, that is not an issue. ive become consistent with my shotgun snaps over the years and believe i can do either equally as well.

Over your college career, which DLinemen caused you the most trouble?
our d linemen here at ou are the best. tommie, dusty, and lynn were the toughest. Dusty more so only because i faced him more 1 on 1.

You have played on a very good offensive line with the likes of Jammal Brown and Wes Sims. How has playing with such good teammates helped you?
its good to have great players around you. it only helped me to get better. it become a competition between guys to have the most knockdowns or have the highest grade for a game or have the fewest missed assignment. when you have 4 or 5 guys on your line who have played a lot of ball it makes it harder to get that top grade or have the most knockdowns. but with everyone competing it only helps the team.

Which rising stars do you see on the Sooners?
marcus walker who came out of his redshirt to finish the season will be great for the sooners. also on the dline corey bennett and steve coleman will be tough to block as they mature. clint ingram will make a name for himself this year as calvin thibodeaux. alonzo dotson will be making some plays for the sooners in the near future as well.

Thank You for the interview Vince, and good luck in the draft and NFL!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: