You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

gut feelings
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LEOship

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

heres an interesting read on 10 most wanted players on draft day.... i think its pretty accurate for the most part
http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_5728839
M-High Marauder

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 8:45 pm    Post subject: Re: gut feelings Reply with quote

DenVerGuY66 wrote:
broncos_fan _from _uk wrote:
do you guys have any gut feelings about who will be wearing blue and orange next season. not neccesarily who you want but who you truely believe will be here?

i think mike is going to draft Paul Posluszny out of Penn st. he has drafted a LB in the first round 3 times in his 11 years (only 9 first round picks) more than any other position. also Poz is the prototypical SAM in Bates' scheme add in the fact that if we stay at 21 he is one of the BPA i think all signs point to us picking him (in fact i think denver is talking about taking an OT early so that the giants, the only team drafting before us who is likely to take a strong look at poz, will take staley instead of him, possibly trading up to do so)

also i think denver will make a strong run at aquiring Jenkins with the final trade being #70 +#86 for jenkins and #118

and lastly after looking at mikes drafting record something stood out to me. mike allways drafts an interior lineman (C or G) he has drafted at least one a year, with the exceptin of 2002, since he took over. so heres my question which day 2 interior lineman do we draft? my money is on kasey Studdard because of his abitlity to play both OG and C in our ZBS.

THANK YOU, UK you are the only guy that has agreed that we need a LB in the first round. But if not POZ you think Timmons(OLB) or Willis (ILB) would be a good fit? I have a feeling thought that Timmons is going to be available at number 21.

Although I wouldn't necesarilly complain if the Broncos took a LB in round one, we do not need one. Everybody keeps saying that we need to draft a LB high in the draft. I guarantee that Shanahan would not have released Wilson if he thought that he would be forced into drafting a certain position just to fill a need. There is no doubt in my mind that the 3 starting LB's next year will be Gold, Williams, and Webster. The only question is which positions Williams, and Webster will be playing. I've said it a hundred times and I'll say it again. Shanahan did not sign Webster to a contract extension just to ride the bench.

Denver Broncos - Detroit Tigers - Michigan Wolverines
bhslinebacker

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote me on this if you like come draft day we wont be able to stand up because shannahan will do something to make us sit down...HE WILL THROW THE BIGGEST CURVEBALL AND WE WILL TAKE CALVIN JOHNSON!
darkotto23

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my gut feeling is that we will get moss but I hope we get griffin

I'm back at FF, its been a while...
dominate26

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

my cut feeling is telling me we take someone other then Moss, i really dont think moss is our pick
champ+jay+al=SB

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dominate26 wrote:
Quote:

my cut feeling is telling me we take someone other then Moss, i really dont think moss is our pick

I have that feeling as well. I dont think he is gonna be a Bronco. I really think we are going to move up or down.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I have that feeling as well. I dont think he is gonna be a Bronco. I really think we are going to move up or down.

i agree we will either take a guy like CJ by moving up, Anderson maybe moving up, Griffen, Nelson, Spencer or move down
broncos_fan _from _uk

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 11:54 am    Post subject: Re: gut feelings Reply with quote

M-High Marauder wrote:
DenVerGuY66 wrote:
broncos_fan _from _uk wrote:
do you guys have any gut feelings about who will be wearing blue and orange next season. not neccesarily who you want but who you truely believe will be here?

i think mike is going to draft Paul Posluszny out of Penn st. he has drafted a LB in the first round 3 times in his 11 years (only 9 first round picks) more than any other position. also Poz is the prototypical SAM in Bates' scheme add in the fact that if we stay at 21 he is one of the BPA i think all signs point to us picking him (in fact i think denver is talking about taking an OT early so that the giants, the only team drafting before us who is likely to take a strong look at poz, will take staley instead of him, possibly trading up to do so)

also i think denver will make a strong run at aquiring Jenkins with the final trade being #70 +#86 for jenkins and #118

and lastly after looking at mikes drafting record something stood out to me. mike allways drafts an interior lineman (C or G) he has drafted at least one a year, with the exceptin of 2002, since he took over. so heres my question which day 2 interior lineman do we draft? my money is on kasey Studdard because of his abitlity to play both OG and C in our ZBS.

THANK YOU, UK you are the only guy that has agreed that we need a LB in the first round. But if not POZ you think Timmons(OLB) or Willis (ILB) would be a good fit? I have a feeling thought that Timmons is going to be available at number 21.

Although I wouldn't necesarilly complain if the Broncos took a LB in round one, we do not need one. Everybody keeps saying that we need to draft a LB high in the draft. I guarantee that Shanahan would not have released Wilson if he thought that he would be forced into drafting a certain position just to fill a need. There is no doubt in my mind that the 3 starting LB's next year will be Gold, Williams, and Webster. The only question is which positions Williams, and Webster will be playing. I've said it a hundred times and I'll say it again. Shanahan did not sign Webster to a contract extension just to ride the bench.
i never said we needed one, in fact i dont think shanny is the type to draft for need, i just think that since Mike has drafted a LB with 1/3 of his first round picks and we have a weakness at SAM and Poz would be BPA, it just all fits too perfectly.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: