Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

TEXANS QB SITUATION..
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hardrockin89

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
McCown is having lots of trouble figuring out Denny's system(plus he doesn't have the accuracy needed to be a great starter). We wil be drafting a QB in this or the next draft.

I think the holding the ball argument is stupid(not an attack). That was the knock on Warner, but look at his sacks from St. Louis to NY. Big difference. His throwing and playing style didn't change, his line did, for the worse. Don't think Carr getting sacked has anything to do with how long he holds the ball. 90% of his sacks are the lines fault IMO.

Agreed, for a Texans forum there sure aren't many of them here.

Though dont u guys have Chang? He was good in college he have any chance of being in the pros?

Well we all agree the Texans most def. need to go after o-line wheather drafting or picking up FA that are vets... Just tell me this if you were Capers wouldnt u let Ragone have a chance???
stchamp98

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hardrockin89 wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
McCown is having lots of trouble figuring out Denny's system(plus he doesn't have the accuracy needed to be a great starter). We wil be drafting a QB in this or the next draft.

I think the holding the ball argument is stupid(not an attack). That was the knock on Warner, but look at his sacks from St. Louis to NY. Big difference. His throwing and playing style didn't change, his line did, for the worse. Don't think Carr getting sacked has anything to do with how long he holds the ball. 90% of his sacks are the lines fault IMO.

Though dont u guys have Chang? He was good in college he have any chance of being in the pros?

Well we all agree the Texans most def. need to go after o-line wheather drafting or picking up FA that are vets... Just tell me this if you were Capers wouldnt u let Ragone have a chance???

Chang won't be anything but a backup or #3 guy. System he ran in Hawaii is way to different to anything he'll see in the pros. Pulling for him though.

No I wouldn't, unless Carr showed me he didn't have what it takes. Carr has done nothing to warrant a demotion.

My philosophy is,"If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
hardrockin89 wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:

Chang won't be anything but a backup or #3 guy. System he ran in Hawaii is way to different to anything he'll see in the pros. Pulling for him though.

No I wouldn't, unless Carr showed me he didn't have what it takes. Carr has done nothing to warrant a demotion.

I like you philosophy but you can always upgrade....Example which is a bad example but you'll get my point...You have a cell phone which isnt broke but its old,big,black n white.....If you have the oppitiunity to would upgrade to a new smaller,color,camrea phone? They have Ragone let him have a shot to be the upgrade....

ps.....u can always trade for Brees in the next offseason....
stchamp98

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hardrockin89 wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
hardrockin89 wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:

I like you philosophy but you can always upgrade....Example which is a bad example but you'll get my point...You have a cell phone which isnt broke but its old,big,black n white.....If you have the oppitiunity to would upgrade to a new smaller,color,camrea phone? They have Ragone let him have a shot to be the upgrade....

ps.....u can always trade for Brees in the next offseason....

IMHO, Carr is the new cell already and Ragone is a 10 pound bag cell phone.

Ps..... We'd rather have Carr!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^lmao^^^ Well after all this discussion we still disagree...lol....You never kno if you trade 2first round picks and McCown you might get Carr..
texansfan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry. Would have gotten involved, but it was more fun watching the two of you bicker.

The QB situation is muddy. I think Carr will have a good year if the O-line can keep guys off of him. He has taken too many sacks in these last 3 years and that's gonna take a toll. So if the line really comes together this year then he could really put up some good numbers. I'm thinking about 23 TDs and 13 INTs is a reasonable goal for him. But they'll also need a #2 to step up... especially now that Joppru (you worthless piece of....) is done for the year again. Gaffney will hopefully do something, or maybe Mathis will develop quickly.

Ragone will be given an opportunity. If he is really that good then he should have no problem beating out Tony Banks for the backup job. And then after that, who knows. If Carr even slightly injures something or needs a practice off, then Ragone could work with the first stringers, and see how he does. His development has been impressive and I really hope he continues so that maybe we could deal him for something. But until then, Carr is our guy and we're sticking with him.

But, it'll make for an interesting situation to watch as the season progresses.
ViKingsOWNpackers

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i hate it when people criticize a QB for holding the ball too long...i've heard this with my favorite QB (Drew Bledsoe) and now David Carr...holding the ball too long means he doesn't want to force the ball somewhere and have it picked off...look at guys like Jake Plummer and Bulger who throw the ball any chance they get...they have the most ints and people blame them for forcing it...if there's no receiver open and people like Bledsoe aren't scrambblers, then there's nothing else they can do but wait...if he forces it, then analyst would start saying things like poor judgement...dont blame the QB's..blame the receivers for not seperating

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ViKingsOWNpackers wrote:
i hate it when people criticize a QB for holding the ball too long...i've heard this with my favorite QB (Drew Bledsoe) and now David Carr...holding the ball too long means he doesn't want to force the ball somewhere and have it picked off...look at guys like Jake Plummer and Bulger who throw the ball any chance they get...they have the most ints and people blame them for forcing it...if there's no receiver open and people like Bledsoe aren't scrambblers, then there's nothing else they can do but wait...if he forces it, then analyst would start saying things like poor judgement...dont blame the QB's..blame the receivers for not seperating

Im the biggest pats fan in the world and can tell you from watching bledsoe all the time he does hold way too long....He doesnt throw the ball away....I dont have a problem with a qb not wanting to throw a pick but either throw the ball away or find another reciever....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: