You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

13,000+ voted and the results are....
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SteelProven

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There isn't a corner in this draft that is a can't miss talent. There isn't any guarantee that this drafted corner is going to beat out Colclough, seriously. Steelers fans went crazy when the Steelers didn't draft Larry Johnson and instead got T. Polamalu. I think I'll side with realism on this one and leave short memory out of it.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

and again the award goes to cutwolf, who can't post a message without insulting someone and thinking he is god of all football knowledge.

*CB was horrible last year and what if IKE continues to play like that (god forbid) then who is to say we made the wrong move of drafting a CB?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlitzburghXL wrote:
and again the award goes to cutwolf, who can't post a message without insulting someone and thinking he is god of all football knowledge.

*CB was horrible last year and what if IKE continues to play like that (god forbid) then who is to say we made the wrong move of drafting a CB?

Then by your account we should be looking at a QB and a SS, right?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelProven wrote:
BlitzburghXL wrote:

Ike wasn't significantly injured. Ben and Troy were. Ike has all the tools to be an elite corner, and didnt play like it last season.... in fact, he's only had one good year (its was "great" by most standards, but it was still only ONE).

It's not failed logic that thinks CB is a need. It's failed logic that thinks the people that want a CB are blasphemous.
6ondaway

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont like cut but he makes a good point. We cant upgrade our corners through this draft. We could have upgraded our corners through FA, but we did not. Therefore the team feels our starting corners are good enough. If the FO didnt believe our CBs were good we would have made a move for dre bly, or clements. Those two cornders are good enough to start for us, the rest of the corners moved around in FA were not good enough to start for us(see: better than IKE or MCfad). There is no corner in the draft like antrell rolle or pacman, therefore there is no need to take a corner rd 1 to be our 3rd or fourth corner.

I also am not sold on what tomlin is saying about our D(staying 34). He could just be throwing a curveball, so everyone in the league doesnt trade up to get DEs ahead of us because they do not believe we would draft someone like Anderson or Carricker.
I honestly believe that we are going to be playing alot of 34, 43, and 46. For that to work we need pass rushers that can move around the line. ala carricker.
VanSlyke18

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

6ondaway wrote:
I dont like cut but he makes a good point. We cant upgrade our corners through this draft. We could have upgraded our corners through FA, but we did not. Therefore the team feels our starting corners are good enough. If the FO didnt believe our CBs were good we would have made a move for dre bly, or clements. Those two cornders are good enough to start for us, the rest of the corners moved around in FA were not good enough to start for us(see: better than IKE or MCfad). There is no corner in the draft like antrell rolle or pacman, therefore there is no need to take a corner rd 1 to be our 3rd or fourth corner.

I also am not sold on what tomlin is saying about our D(staying 34). He could just be throwing a curveball, so everyone in the league doesnt trade up to get DEs ahead of us because they do not believe we would draft someone like Anderson or Carricker.
I honestly believe that we are going to be playing alot of 34, 43, and 46. For that to work we need pass rushers that can move around the line. ala carricker.

we didnt sign Clements because he was too expensive.

we didnt sign Bly (or whatever we needed to do for him) because he's terrible.
StillersFury

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
That's the beauty of the 3-4 WITH D!CK LEBEAU!

This is Doug Whaley

Pro Personnel Coordinator Pittsburgh Steelers.

He had some interesting comments on the Lance Zierlein Pod cast Monday April 16 2007 about the draft....

And I quote

Quote:
I expect the team(The Steelers) will be a base 4-3 defense in 2008

Also stated every position is up for grabs from Ben To Aaron Smith

More subterfuge..Perhaps

I made the comment here about fan polls...This is not an attack on anyone at this board...Most Steeler fans are football dumb...There like a dog...Loyal...Travel everywhere...Not real bright though

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never said anything about drafting a CB as our primary need, which I think DE or LB is the most warranted. At least big ben and troy had an excuse to play poorly due to injury, what was IKE's excuse (getting the big money?).

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VanSlyke18 wrote:
SteelProven wrote:
BlitzburghXL wrote:

Ike wasn't significantly injured. Ben and Troy were. Ike has all the tools to be an elite corner, and didnt play like it last season.... in fact, he's only had one good year (its was "great" by most standards, but it was still only ONE).

It's not failed logic that thinks CB is a need. It's failed logic that thinks the people that want a CB are blasphemous.

All I'm saying is that the Steelers secondary played fairly decent. With more team consistency and a better pass rush the secondary will flourish. imo

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelProven wrote:
VanSlyke18 wrote:
SteelProven wrote:
BlitzburghXL wrote:

All I'm saying is that the Steelers secondary played fairly decent. With more team consistency and a better pass rush the secondary will flourish. imo

thats my opinion too.... but what if we're wrong? The bad DB play could be a product of bad DBs.

not saying it is... i think pressure will alleviate alot of the DB issues.
SteelProven

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What corner is a bonafide star in this draft? I don't think any of them will bring anything different to the table. Corners are so hard to judge when it comes to drafting in the first round. Because they have the highest bust potential out of all the players drafted. IMO

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelProven wrote:
What corner is a bonafide star in this draft? I don't think any of them will bring anything different to the table. Corners are so hard to judge when it comes to drafting in the first round. Because they have the highest bust potential out of all the players drafted. IMO

No CB is ever a bonifide star coming out. People may think they are bonafide stars because they played great in college, but there is rarely a cant miss guy in the draft.

Im not saying we need a CB first or even second round, but whether you want to believe it or not, we need a good enough CB to come in and challenge for the job and push Ike and Bryant. You can only blame so much on a bad pass rush. There were a few games last season Ike looked like he didnt even belong in the league, and McFadden still has alot of wrinkles in his game. Townsy is aging fast and Coucough by most accounts is a bust.

Yes, our most crucuial need is an OLB or DE/OLB type, but we need a CB, probably sometime on day 1 depending on who is available when we pick.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelProven wrote:

Charles Woodson.

agreed though... one of the hardest positions to play in the nfl.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: