You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Treat88 Day 1 Mock 2.0

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
treat88

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 7:47 pm    Post subject: Treat88 Day 1 Mock 2.0 Reply with quote

Pitt trades picks 46,77 and 08 3rd rounder to NE for pick 24

Round 1.15: Jamaal Anderson
Round 1.24: Paul Posluszny
Round 4.20: Justin Durant
Round 4.comp: Fred Bennett

Durant may be a fast riser, so the 4.20 projection may be optimistic, but I think he is 50-50 to fall this far. I would package a 5th and a 4th next year to move up for him if needs be.

Yes, I do think we will see much more 4-3 base by 08. Yes, I do know Round 4 is not Day 1.

"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself."

Last edited by treat88 on Fri Apr 13, 2007 8:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No way Id give that much up to move up for Poz. Id rather trade to the late first/early 2nd for David Harris. Durant is good but that is too many LB's. Id say get a DE/OLB hybrid, an OLB and ILB in the first 5 rounds, and thats it.

I like the Jamal ANderson and Fred Bennet picks though.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i would be absolutely thrilled if this happenned

Welcome to Sixburgh.
treat88

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
No way Id give that much up to move up for Poz. Id rather trade to the late first/early 2nd for David Harris. Durant is good but that is too many LB's. Id say get a DE/OLB hybrid, an OLB and ILB in the first 5 rounds, and thats it.

I like Poz to play outside and Durant inside in the 4-3. Poz can be criticized for his measureables, but the intangibles/position push him in front of Harris for me.

Definitely considered Harris. Love to get him in 2, as you can see in the sig, and wouldn't be sad at all if he was the pick instead of Poz here.

I think 2 LB's in the 1st 4 rounds is needed.

"Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself."
spush

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

treat88 wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:

I like Poz to play outside and Durant inside in the 4-3. Poz can be criticized for his measureables, but the intangibles/position push him in front of Harris for me.

Definitely considered Harris. Love to get him in 2, as you can see in the sig, and wouldn't be sad at all if he was the pick instead of Poz here.

The problem with this mock is, most LB's arent very interchangeable between schemes. Durant and Poz would have to redshirt until the switch is made. And if the defense dominates this year the switch wont be made. Thats half of your first day draft w/o a position. Lot of money huh? If the switch is to be made by '08, you can bet we'll bring in at least two DT's out of this draft, probably one LB. Interior DL dictates effectiveness of cover 2. If you dont believe me ask Indy's run D or Chicago after Tommie Harris went down. Poz could probably eventually learn to play ILB in 34.

Regardless of what anyone says, spush is martial law. And martial law says it makes no sense for a team with playoff aspirations to change schemes. If Dungy retired and Mariucci came in, would he make Peyton Manning run the WCO? A. hell no.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very good

Excellent

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StillersFury wrote:
Very good

Excellent

Agreed. Thanks.

Cutwolf

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Give me Jacoby Jones in 4b, Fred Bennett in 5a, and Jackie Battle in 5b and we have a winner.

(thanks to untitledscream)
treat88

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cutwolf wrote:
Give me Jacoby Jones in 4b, Fred Bennett in 5a, and Jackie Battle in 5b and we have a winner.

Yeah, I would take that as well. With the recent hype, I don't see Jones in 4 or Bennett in 5. Crying or Very sad

Love it if it happened.

Jayme96

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spush wrote:
treat88 wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:

The problem with this mock is, most LB's arent very interchangeable between schemes. Durant and Poz would have to redshirt until the switch is made. And if the defense dominates this year the switch wont be made. Thats half of your first day draft w/o a position. Lot of money huh? If the switch is to be made by '08, you can bet we'll bring in at least two DT's out of this draft, probably one LB. Interior DL dictates effectiveness of cover 2. If you dont believe me ask Indy's run D or Chicago after Tommie Harris went down. Poz could probably eventually learn to play ILB in 34.
Regardless of what anyone says, spush is martial law. And martial law says it makes no sense for a team with playoff aspirations to change schemes. If Dungy retired and Mariucci came in, would he make Peyton Manning run the WCO? A. hell no.

What exactly do you think Poz did all season, at an all-american level? He played ILB in the 3-4 this season. That's what I project him as too. ILB in the 3-4 if we're smart enough to stay in it. OLB or ILB in the 4-3 if they're stupid enough to switch. Anderson could be a DE in the 4-3, so I think that both Anderson and Poz are good picks, and would fit either scheme. Anderson is probably best in the 3-4, and Poz would be good in either I think. I don't know enough about Durant to really comment....but I like the first rounders.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: