You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Tomlin ready for prime time

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SteelProven

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 10:30 pm    Post subject: Tomlin ready for prime time Reply with quote

Quote:
"I think competitors are motivated by that. I know our guys will be," said Tomlin. "Three of them are at home so that's awesome. It being the 75th Anniversary of the Steelers makes it special. It gives us the opportunity to celebrate that."

Tomlin admitted he was a bit surprised to see that the team has five prime time games, but he understands the reasoning and feels that this year's team will make the schedule-makers happy.

"People realize that the Steelers are an entertaining football team and have been historically," said Tomlin. "They know we should be exciting this year."

http://news.steelers.com/article/75171/

I really like the last statement leads to believe that he doesn't want a transition year like most anticipate.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 1:30 am    Post subject: Steelers report: Inside slant Reply with quote

Quote:
One of the things I'm going to talk to the team about initially is our ability to deal with distractions," Tomlin said. "This is the ultimate parity league, I think that's what determines who wins and who loses, when you get down to it, your ability to focus on the variables that matter.

"Distractions are part of it. We're paid to deal with distractions. The beautiful thing is everybody has to. The issue is, are you going to deal with them? Are you going to create your own? Those kinds of things."

Tomlin believes the Steelers did not handle distractions well last season when they went 8-8 after winning a Super Bowl. They got too fat.

"I would imagine that it has. I'm purely speculating because I wasn't here. But I know what it's like to come back as the reigning Super Bowl champion and being part of that. We fell miserably on our faces when I was in Tampa, so you see how it can happen."

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/teams/report/PIT/10121070

I don't know if this was posted, but I like Tomlins approach and mindset.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully he has a few tricks(and trick plays) up his sleeve Razz

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yah, the trick plays would be nice. One of my concerns is going to be how he handles challenging playes. Cowher used that red flag with such style, I hope Tomlin proudly throws that red challange flag to make us all proud. Wink
BigBen7

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see what you mean.

Wink

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 3:40 pm    Post subject: hmm Reply with quote

I can see it now he seems like a laid back coach so i would not expect him to do nothing crazy

UML-Redskins GM GoSkins

Jamal Lewis seems to be a real uphill runner now. That's a problem. Downhill runners are preferred. Maybe he is running in the wrong direction. Espn DJ Gallo
One4theThumb

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 8:10 pm    Post subject: Re: hmm Reply with quote

STELRFAN wrote:
I can see it now he seems like a laid back coach so i would not expect him to do nothing crazy

I dont think hes that laid back, on ESPN they always cut to a clip of him on the sidelines screaming and going down the bench slapping his players getting them pumped

but i guess im basing my opinion solely on that clip so theres def the chance Im wrong
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tomlin is laid back in interviews and in real life, but when he steps on the field he is a fiery, energetic guy. He said that himself, Ive heard it from Vikings fans, and thats how it looks to be.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
Tomlin is laid back in interviews and in real life, but when he steps on the field he is a fiery, energetic guy. He said that himself, Ive heard it from Vikings fans, and that's how it looks to be.

And I think that's the way to be. Calm and cool around the media and then energetic around the players to give the whole team a bit if a buzz.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: