Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Lions Draft

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ant-Man

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 3:42 pm    Post subject: Lions Draft Reply with quote

Alright from what im thinking we can draft Edwards with the second pick cause alot of ppl are sayin marlin jackson not even goin to till the second round so that can be a steal or draft shazor to help our defense out tremondusly but the reason for edwards is cause how many ppl think that charles is gonna be a factor next year even with that az and streets are supposed to but cut so hey the three top reciever in the last three drafts isnt bad in my opion what do u u guys think?
Junior

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't like drafting Edwards with the Lions first pick. There are enough decent FA WRs this year that finding a replacement for Streets and if necessary Az. While having 3 top WRs on a team is never a bad thing there are other positions that need attention before WR.
KCLions

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah...lets face it, the Lions just have too many other glaring holes to draft a top WR in the draft again. I wouldn't mind them drafting Shazor in the 2nd round, but think about this...he's listed at 6'4" 229 lbs. and he's a junior...by all means he could grow out of the strong safety position and be forced to play linebacker(Cato June style). just something to keep in mind.
hotsauce3922

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's no reason to draft Edwards. We've got 2 top notch WR already and we need young Dfenders.

The more I read about Thomas Davis, the better I like this pick. He has so much upside.
Junior

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard that about Shazor a couple of days ago. I also heard that he runs in the 4.6-4.8 range an dthat his cover skills need to improve.

Who is the best coverage S in the draft and what about Poole or Nicholson both from OK. From my understanding Poole is very good in coverage, fast, but not very big and projects as a FS. Nicholson on the other hand is ok in coverage, is just as quick as Poole, very good against the run and is close in size (6'2, 210) to Shazor (6'3, 230).
LION KING

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the lions have Young Offensive talent that is only going to improve. I want them to improve there Defense, and to start we need the best front 7 in the NFL and it starts with the Front 4.

1 Rogers Dt
2 Wilkerson Dt
3 Hall De
4 Edwards De

BUP: Redding Dt/De

I love Rogers hes all pro and Hall is great pass rusher after that we could inprove either Wilkerson or Edwards and it would just add depth.

I like Dan Cody or David Pollack Both De You start there unless some how you can get Derrik Johnson Lb!

Saftey Shazer or St Nick in 2nd or move up into first again!

YEAH I SAID IT FROM DAY ONE I TAKE A P OVER CALVIN !
goblue42

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For one Edwards will be long gone by pick 10 and secondly the Lions wouldnt take him because it would tie up too much cap space for one position and they have other more glaring needs at safety and at guard. I like Rolle the cb at fsu alot but I doubt he makes it to #10. I Have seen Marlin going anywhere from 14 to 30. As far as Shazor, I really love him but he may be better suited in the nfl to play olb. He hits hard but not sure about his coverage skills are stong enough. If he lasted to pick 42 in the the 2nd round I would be inclined to take him though. It has been said that the Lions will look for a vet qb, a te and a #3 wr in free agency and to go safety and guard in the draft. It should be a fun off season

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: