You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Horn should take a page out of Carney's book!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
whodatworm23

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 5:10 pm    Post subject: Horn should take a page out of Carney's book! Reply with quote

Funny aint it,

Joe Horn claimed to be a leader of this franchise and comminuty but in his darkest hour with the Saints his true colors came out. Horn showed us exactly what Joe Horn was all about, and that was "Joe Horn". Horn made his situation all about himself and decided to ignore the facts that he was always so quick to point out. Facts like the NFL is a busniess and his age and declining talent could no longer support his salary and ego. Although he would not acknowledge that his being replaced by a younger and more talented Marcus Colston hurt his ego, he made it clear in his press conference shortly after his release. Instead he decided to attack the coach who refused to treat him like he was better than most of his teammates and instead treated him like just another player. Shame on Sean Peyton!

Yes WhoDats, this was your so called leader. This was the face of your franchise and driving force in your community?

BULL!

Now lets fast foward to the release of John Carney.

This was a guy who as a New Orleans native and current resident I can vouch for as having just as much and maybe even more of an impact in the community of New Orleans and the people here than Joe Horn ever did! Also, although Carney was not as flashy as Horn but it can be said that the Saints won just as many games through the years by the right foot of John Carney than the hands of Joe Horn.

John Carney was released in the same manner as Joe Horn. The Saints found a better player, a younger player. Did Carney retaliate with harsh statements about the franchise and there coach, NO! Carney took the high road and although disapointed he decided to reflect on the good times he had in New Orleans and look to the future for himself and wished the Saints the best. When I read these words of John Carney, (who took out a full page add in our local news paper to thank the fans for his time in New Orleans) it reminded me of what ex-Saint LeCharles Bentley once said about Joe Horn. Bentley said, "Just because someone talks alot of trash in the media and holla's and screams on the field, that does not make him a leader of his team. I did not clearly understand exactly what Bentley was trying to say back then but I think I do now.

It's in a players darkest hour when his leadership will come fourth and display his true chartcher.

If this is true, John Carney will be truly missed and Joe Horn will just become a shadow of the past.

WhoDat!
Thank you for all the great years, John Carney! (you will be missed)
Later Joe!
navysaintsfan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Applause Well put man. I already miss Carney. He was a class act if I ever saw one.

#BRINGBACKRITA #FIREPAYTON
gen. manager

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my opinion, this makes no sense to me. Joe Horn has left a long time ago and is now a Falcon. Its over!!!!
socalsaints

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well said, I agree with everything you said.

The fact that non Saints fans, and even some Saints fan talk about how much Joe Horn meant to this city and team has got to be one of the biggest con jobs ever pulled off.

Thanks to Broncos_Baby for the sig!
LoneScorpio

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must say....I have to agree! Carney will be truly missed, and Horn will be missed also in my book, but I still think Horn is not a class act!
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: