You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Grant DE for Samuels CB

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SaintFanWalking

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 7:16 pm    Post subject: Grant DE for Samuels CB Reply with quote

How about trading Grant DE & 3 #4 draft choices to Pats for Samuels CB?
WildByNature

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 7:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Grant DE for Samuels CB Reply with quote

SaintFanWalking wrote:

i do not think that the Pats need a DE.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 7:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Grant DE for Samuels CB Reply with quote

SaintFanWalking wrote:

I don't see Grant being very successful in a 3-4 scheme

#BRINGBACKRITA #FIREPAYTON
ako

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

John Carney and a 7th for Asante Samuel & Tom Brady
unc969

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This would be a good deal for both teams because they would fill a need and they would get value for players that don't want to be there.

R.I.P. Sean Taylor. We'll Always Miss You.
santibanezaa

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ako wrote:
John Carney and a 7th for Asante Samuel & Tom Brady

awww c'mon. this kind of comedic genius needs to be acknowledged and respected. people can dream, can't they?
THRILLHO

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even a 3 team trade won't work. Yes, CB is a need, but so too will be a good #2 DE when Grant is gone. DE's aren't THAT much more expensive than CB's (a bit under $1mil difference between franchise price), so there would be no reason not to simply offer Grant a legit long term deal worth a bit more than the one we would give Samuel.

Quote:
This would be a good deal for both teams because they would fill a need and they would get value for players that don't want to be there.

They won't want to be anywhere that they are franchised. And Grant hasn't actually threatened a holdout.
sammymvpknight

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THRILLHO wrote:
Even a 3 team trade won't work. Yes, CB is a need, but so too will be a good #2 DE when Grant is gone. DE's aren't THAT much more expensive than CB's (a bit under $1mil difference between franchise price), so there would be no reason not to simply offer Grant a legit long term deal worth a bit more than the one we would give Samuel.

Quote:

They won't want to be anywhere that they are franchised. And Grant hasn't actually threatened a holdout.

I agree. we need a solid DE more than a solid CB...and losing Grant would be counterproductive. We need to sign Grant to a long term deal and draft a couple of rookie CBs and pick a couple up after the post-draft cuts. Samuels is a 4th round pick who did good for one season. I am not ready to buy the hype. If there was a way to get both Grant and Samuels...then I would. I just don't know how the cap will tolerate that. peace.
THRILLHO

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Samuel is a top 5 CB, absolutely amazing in the playoffs last season. What I'm saying is I don't think Grant or Samuel are ideal for our longterm plans, so there is no point in replacing Grant with Samuel when it's pretty much just going to be for one year, maybe two. I would like to franchise Grant again next season, but if we actually don't complete a trade, he would become a pretty big distraction. Not even directly, so much as other big time young players on our team (Smith, Brown) being worried about the same thing happening to them. I think that there's a good chance that we can use Grant this season, then get a high second or low first for him next season, assuming he plays at a similar level this season.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New Orleans Saints All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: