You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

What movie are you watching? V.21
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 89, 90, 91

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Entertainment
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BroncosFan2010

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Superbad. All day everyday.

This may be one of the most underrated post of all time.

Guy creates an account named after a Superbad reference, with a Superbad sig, and makes his first account post about Superbad, all on a Football forum.

Amazing.
KManX89

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BroncosFan2010 wrote:
Quote:

Guy creates an account named after a Superbad reference, with a Superbad sig, and makes his first account post about Superbad, all on a Football forum.

Amazing.

LMAO.

Anyway, I just watched/rented Ghost in the Shell, POS movie. Even looking past the oft-talked-about whitewashing (even though Scarlett Jo pulls off the Asian look better than anyone could've anticipated going in), there really wasn't much to salvage. Terrible pacing and story, and the action wasn't all that great, either. I'm glad I skipped it in theaters and waited for the Redbox.

I'll stick with the far superior anime. Motoko Kusanagi is much more of a badass in it.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KManX89 wrote:
BroncosFan2010 wrote:
Quote:

Amazing.

LMAO.

Anyway, I just watched/rented Ghost in the Shell, POS movie. Even looking past the oft-talked-about whitewashing (even though Scarlett Jo pulls off the Asian look better than anyone could've anticipated going in), there really wasn't much to salvage. Terrible pacing and story, and the action wasn't all that great, either. I'm glad I skipped it in theaters and waited for the Redbox.

I'll stick with the far superior anime. Motoko Kusanagi is much more of a badass in it.

You know what? If these people aren't making a sh!t storm out of Beauty and the Beast which was praised up and down, even though it was quite possibly the most politically incorrect movie I have ever seen. Th3y can [inappropriate/removed] off about every other inequality in movies they whine about.

Oh yea just watched beauty and the beast. It kinda sucked.
Moz, bad teams pick in the top 5.That's the way the draft works.
BroncosFan2010

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
You know what? If these people aren't making a sh!t storm out of Beauty and the Beast which was praised up and down, even though it was quite possibly the most politically incorrect movie I have ever seen. Th3y can [inappropriate/removed] off about every other inequality in movies they whine about.

Explain.
KManX89

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calvert28 wrote:
KManX89 wrote:
BroncosFan2010 wrote:
Quote:

Amazing.

LMAO.

I hear ya, man, just saying it wasn't a good movie on its own merits even barring the Scarlett Jo casting and other Asian characters from the anime being played by Caucasian actors (and no, I'm not okay with that change, either just for clarification).

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Atomic Blonde was booy cheeks..
Great soundtrack though it was fuego..

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2017 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BroncosFan2010 wrote:
Quote:

Explain.

First off the story here, takes place in a time where Napoleon lived. Meaning, there is no monarchy. I refer you to that 3 musketeer reference which took place which the book came out in like 1850.

2nd LaFou being almost blatantly obvious about his feelings for Gaston and then finds another at the end of the film with basically the same amount of tolerance as we see today for it. Even during the enlightened period of France there no tolerance for that sort of thing that didn't end in a tar and feathering and a execution of some kind for being "out there" it should have been far more subtle showing his affections from way afar instead of being so close. Nor do I remember there being a huge inclusion of color with debutantes.

3rd which goes into the diversity, of the film and its relationships. I get this is a Disney film and they want to show a more unified world with fantasy. H/e films like Ghost in the Shell are also fantasy. If we are pointing out political correctness with those kinds of films, then we should point it out with this one. Those kinds of relationships were not completely unheard of back then, h/e there was a clear difference in social status which was displayed or I should say, not displayed. That "prince" who should not have even been called one, who was said to be so selfish and self serving. Your telling me that this guy was somehow tolerant of diversity with ethnicity despite showing his clear disgust of wealth status? Cmon now.

4th the entire modern shift of these Disney movies now especially this one. They try to make it a more accepting world through all of their subtle and not so subtle hints, while dropping real world references to make it seem more legit and real world like Shakespeare, and the 3 Musketeers. It's brain washing to exclude real cultural lifestyle of this time period. Essentially saying, this is how it really was back then.

5th, and this is probably my biggest pet peeve of the film despite not even being entirely about political correctness was the whole British accent Invasion thing. Youre telling me a movie that takes place in France, with French characters, with a French setting, in a time period where there was a clear French dominance in the world. THERE IS NOT ONE FRENCH PERSON IN THIS MOVIE? And to top that off, they didn't even bother to try for a French accent, which I guess paid off considering how horrible Ewan McGregor butchered his accent. I mean I haven't heard an accent that bad since Kevin Costner in Prince of Thieves.

There are others. H/e these 5 were just pretty blatant throughout the movie. For example I won't even get into the slavery topic because of course its a Disney movie mean't for kids. H/e they wanted a clear air of realism about this whole story as actually being apart of France instead of just some alternate universe where its entirely magical.
Moz, bad teams pick in the top 5.That's the way the draft works.
THE DUKE

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Took the family to see The Emoji Movie. Despite the terrible reviews, I'd say it was fine. I've seen many worse comedies than this, and it made me chuckle a few times as well. All my kids liked it (especially the 3 year old) and it did enough to hold my attention. I liked it better than Finding Dory, that's for sure.

C+

-There are no men like me, only me.
-"Our life is what our thoughts make it" - Marcus Aurelius
KManX89

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just watched Unforgettable. Total misnomer of a title, the movie was totally forgettable except for a "small" twist at the end, and even then, not even worth it.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saw Split by M. Night. Decent but not as good as all the hype imo. Great performance by the lead actor though.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watch a remastered, extended cut of Aliens over the weekend after a night of debauchery. My god does that movie stand the test of time. I think it is easily the best Science Fiction movie ever made. While Avatar had some of the worst character building I have ever seen, you have to hand it to Cameron on this film when it comes to the Space Marine team. After like 5 minutes of screen time it feels like you know each one and actually care for their safety.

And Bill Paxton. Goodnight sweet prince. He straight kills it.
MathMan

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BroncosFan2010 wrote:
Watch a remastered, extended cut of Aliens over the weekend after a night of debauchery. My god does that movie stand the test of time. I think it is easily the best Science Fiction movie ever made. While Avatar had some of the worst character building I have ever seen, you have to hand it to Cameron on this film when it comes to the Space Marine team. After like 5 minutes of screen time it feels like you know each one and actually care for their safety.

And Bill Paxton. Goodnight sweet prince. He straight kills it.

Aliens is definitely top-notch, but I think The Thing is the best Sci-Fi/Thriller movie.

<summoning HZ>
jfinley88

Location: fin-land Metaphysical & Eternal EveryoneLoveEveryone
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BroncosFan2010 wrote:
Quote:

Amazing.

you never met Mr Freeze. these were his only posts.

Mr Freeze wrote:
daboyle250 wrote:
Mr Freeze wrote:
ICE to meet you!

Oh god.

Chill
KManX89

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just watched Krampus last night. It started out okay, but then it just got downright silly towards the end.

It'll be interesting to see where Michael Doughtery takes Godzilla 2. Suffice it to say he's got a lot riding on his shoulders.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Entertainment All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 89, 90, 91
Page 91 of 91

Jump to: