You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2017 Training Camp Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
doumeyer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GangGreen420 wrote:
If the reports are true that McCown is getting the lions share of the reps with the ones while Hack and Petty are with the backups, third string then I have lost what very little faith I had in this coaching staff. I don't know if that's Bowles or Mortons call but that is disgraceful.

I tried to tell everybody on this board that this was going to happen. This McCown thing is going to be the Fitz thing all over again. To quote our brain dead head coach" McCown will give us the best chance to win".
sharpy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Man! You men and women JETS fans are a great breed! We keep getting beat down but we always bounce back up! I know!! Its hard to still wear the Green and White! I will never leave the team as a fan. Unless Rosie O'Donnell becomes coach! LOL! Unfortunately I think we win 4 or 5 games this year! That would suck in two different ways! We all know we want to draft our future QB!
Anyways! MacCagnan is doing the right thing IMO! Love the youth movement! Browns are doing the same thing and look out in two years! They should be a competitive team! If we can just put a team on the field that competes! That's all I ask. Last year the Louisville slugger became the Louisville hugger! lmao! IT WAS PITIFULL! I haven't made my mind up on Bowles or Macagnan but if I don't see something to be excited about! They have to go! With Tannehill out and the Bills in coaching transition, I think we might have a shot for second in division! You heard it here first! LOL!
GangGreen420

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Enunwa to IR.. Huddlegate.. What a day for the offense
KBS756

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well we're going for the record 0-16 and fewest points scored ...
doumeyer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GangGreen420 wrote:
Enunwa to IR.. Huddlegate.. What a day for the offense

Mr. Green420 how bad is it?
TheChad

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 2005 Brooks Bollinger led Jets would crush the 2017 Jets by 3 touchdowns.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hackenberg listed as 3rd on the first depth chart? Behind Petty who has been given minimal reps.. Why?
jetfuel

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bowles said that the depth cart means nothing. He just threw one together no even looking at it.

ASJ is having a great camp and Rob Anderson smoked Morris C. for a 75 yard bomb by yup you guessed it Hack.

The team started slow on Monday then a few vets pulled the team together and told them to get better now.

I like how everyone has written this team off including the fans. That fine by me but I think the jets will be hanging around in a lot of games and really don't see this team getting beat as bad as people have said. I've heard several things from this team will score the least amount of points in one season by an NFL team. Wrong. This team is the worse team in NFL history. Wrong.

Unlike most fans I'm excited to see these hungry young kids go out there and play. This needed to be done with this roster being blown up. I don't get why people are so made at the GM. He did what most people wanted and that was to blow up the roster and put hungry young kids in and see what we have.
GangGreen420

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take it for FWIW but I have a close friend who's been to every open practice and says Petty very clearly looks the best of the 3 right now.
doumeyer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GangGreen420 wrote:
Take it for FWIW but I have a close friend who's been to every open practice and says Petty very clearly looks the best of the 3 right now.

Very interesting, that is good news for a change
MoLewis57

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

doumeyer wrote:
GangGreen420 wrote:

Very interesting, that is good news for a change

I've heard this as well.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GangGreen420 wrote:

That goes against every media quote I have read about the QB situation. Most are suggesting McCown and Hackenberg are the clear 1-2 options, and that Petty is fighting to not get cut this camp. I wonder what the deal is.

I still think it will be McCown's job until he gets hurt, and I don't have an issue with that. I suppose you would have an issue if you thought Hackenberg has a future as a starting QB in the NFL. I personally do not, so let's just massage our way through this trying campaign with a veteran who can help some of the younger talent on offense improve. For me, this season is less about McCown, Hackenberg and Petty and more about finding out about Seferian-Jenkins, Leggett, Anderson, Peake, Stewart, Hansen, maybe others.

Our starting QB in 2018 is either currently playing college football or currently on another NFL roster and will become a free agent next spring. Possibly our first two QB's for next year are in those categories.
GangGreen420

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jag68Sid87 wrote:
GangGreen420 wrote:

That goes against every media quote I have read about the QB situation. Most are suggesting McCown and Hackenberg are the clear 1-2 options, and that Petty is fighting to not get cut this camp. I wonder what the deal is.

I still think it will be McCown's job until he gets hurt, and I don't have an issue with that. I suppose you would have an issue if you thought Hackenberg has a future as a starting QB in the NFL. I personally do not, so let's just massage our way through this trying campaign with a veteran who can help some of the younger talent on offense improve. For me, this season is less about McCown, Hackenberg and Petty and more about finding out about Seferian-Jenkins, Leggett, Anderson, Peake, Stewart, Hansen, maybe others.

Our starting QB in 2018 is either currently playing college football or currently on another NFL roster and will become a free agent next spring. Possibly our first two QB's for next year are in those categories.

The media narrative has been changing on Petty a bit. I saw an article this morning about Petty might be forcing the coaches hands into giving him more reps, but I didn't have a chance to read it.

I don't mind starting McCown if he's definitively better than the other two. But if it's close it doesn't make sense to me to play him. Mac drafted both these young guys and he's gonna have egg on his face if they can't even prove to be backup worthy. I agree with you though, Hack has no shot in this league. He's completing 50% of his passes in practice for christ sake. I want to see him in preseason but I have no doubt it will be ugly and maybe bad enough for them to continue hiding him. And if that happens, I have no problem letting Mac walk at the end of the season, barring some major youth movement stepping up this year. I hope Hack proves me wrong but Ive been told he's been dreadful these last few practices. Wildly inaccurate

I have no doubt we will be bad enough to have our pick of the QBs next year, but I don't have much faith the Jets will pick the right one. I personally think Darnold goes back to school.
glenearl18

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Petty looking like the best is like a girl telling you your hair is your best feature and you're balding.

Dalvin Cook looked good. Stupid Jets. Marcus Maye better be a stud
doumeyer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GangGreen420 wrote:
Jag68Sid87 wrote:
GangGreen420 wrote:

The media narrative has been changing on Petty a bit. I saw an article this morning about Petty might be forcing the coaches hands into giving him more reps, but I didn't have a chance to read it.

I don't mind starting McCown if he's definitively better than the other two. But if it's close it doesn't make sense to me to play him. Mac drafted both these young guys and he's gonna have egg on his face if they can't even prove to be backup worthy. I agree with you though, Hack has no shot in this league. He's completing 50% of his passes in practice for christ sake. I want to see him in preseason but I have no doubt it will be ugly and maybe bad enough for them to continue hiding him. And if that happens, I have no problem letting Mac walk at the end of the season, barring some major youth movement stepping up this year. I hope Hack proves me wrong but Ive been told he's been dreadful these last few practices. Wildly inaccurate

I have no doubt we will be bad enough to have our pick of the QBs next year, but I don't have much faith the Jets will pick the right one. I personally think Darnold goes back to school.

I have a major issue playing McCown, the guy is 39 years old what is the point of playing him. I don't want to go thru that whole Fitz thing again.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: