You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ask Keyser - 2017 Thread #1
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Fantasy Football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
squire12

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
SoS wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
Finally talked my friends into doing an auction style league. I have very little experience with it myself but i can manage a budget better than them so i'm hope to win Laughing

What strategies do you have for me? When I'm "OTC" I plan i putting up guys i really don't want at all so others will spend (possibly high) leaving me with a better chance of getting my guys

Most important thing to know about an auction is to go in without expectations. Do not circle guys you HAVE to have. Set your prices and try not to go too far beyond them unless your budget allows.

It's important to read the room. I have been in groups where people are very hesitant to spend their money early, so you can get great value on top players because people don't know the market yet. I've also been in groups where people were very aggressive in getting the top names, and I sat back and poached a collection of RB2/WR2 types. Both strategies have flourished for me, because I stayed true to my rankings and my prices.

I'm expecting a few of these guys to blow a substantial chunk of their money on 1 elite RB so i'm expecting the 2nd part moreso than the 1st.

How do you really price out guys though?

I have done a few of these and have been pleased with the outcome of my team.

I set a position budget (QB, RB, TE, WR...if the league is using K and DEF, they get the minimum)

Within each position, I have a breakdown for the budget
RB1
RB2
RB3
etc

I try to leave about 10% of the overall funds as overages. In the inevitable event you spend 2-3 more on your RB1, you need to have some $$ to take from somewhere.

If this is a salary cap league, and depending on whether unused $$ is rolled over or just simply lost forever, it makes some sense to have some buffer to be able to make trades to take on a slightly bigger salary than you might be sending away. Sometimes trying to match $$ for $$ in trades gets sticky and you might be giving up cheap players to make a deal work.

As with any league, understand the scoring and starting requirements, use that to search the web for sites that provide auction values. You may need to do some conversions to get to the same budget allotment your league is using vs the websites. This can give you an idea of how some owners are valuing players.
keysersoze3421

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:30 am    Post subject: Re: Best 12 team position Reply with quote

eaglefan5 wrote:
Hey guys,

Is there a specific slot in a 12 team league snake draft format that you think is particularly valuable? My league is doing a competition to determine draft order, and if you win you get to pick whichever slot you want. So my question is which would be the best?

6th or later for me so that I can get 2 of my top 19.

animaltested wrote:
On a scale from Kitten to Hitler, being close minded about music, and only listening to one or two genres is about a Boss Tweed.
JaguarCrazy2832

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

squire12 wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
SoS wrote:
JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
Finally talked my friends into doing an auction style league. I have very little experience with it myself but i can manage a budget better than them so i'm hope to win Laughing

What strategies do you have for me? When I'm "OTC" I plan i putting up guys i really don't want at all so others will spend (possibly high) leaving me with a better chance of getting my guys

Most important thing to know about an auction is to go in without expectations. Do not circle guys you HAVE to have. Set your prices and try not to go too far beyond them unless your budget allows.

It's important to read the room. I have been in groups where people are very hesitant to spend their money early, so you can get great value on top players because people don't know the market yet. I've also been in groups where people were very aggressive in getting the top names, and I sat back and poached a collection of RB2/WR2 types. Both strategies have flourished for me, because I stayed true to my rankings and my prices.

I'm expecting a few of these guys to blow a substantial chunk of their money on 1 elite RB so i'm expecting the 2nd part moreso than the 1st.

How do you really price out guys though?

I have done a few of these and have been pleased with the outcome of my team.

I set a position budget (QB, RB, TE, WR...if the league is using K and DEF, they get the minimum)

Within each position, I have a breakdown for the budget
RB1
RB2
RB3
etc

I try to leave about 10% of the overall funds as overages. In the inevitable event you spend 2-3 more on your RB1, you need to have some $$ to take from somewhere.

If this is a salary cap league, and depending on whether unused $$ is rolled over or just simply lost forever, it makes some sense to have some buffer to be able to make trades to take on a slightly bigger salary than you might be sending away. Sometimes trying to match $$ for $$ in trades gets sticky and you might be giving up cheap players to make a deal work.

As with any league, understand the scoring and starting requirements, use that to search the web for sites that provide auction values. You may need to do some conversions to get to the same budget allotment your league is using vs the websites. This can give you an idea of how some owners are valuing players.

I dont think it is a salary cap league. Not sure where i would see that setti g

Also if its not, do you get a new sum of money to spend on waivers? Or is it whatever is left over from the draft

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Fantasy Football All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13
Page 13 of 13

Jump to: