You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.


 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Lions Den Anything Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 87, 88, 89
 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
LionsFTW


Joined: 25 Jan 2010
Posts: 20853
Location: Old forum.
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ahoda wrote:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...led-last-year/


Link referenced in the article:

http://www.espn.com/blog/nflnation/p...chool-in-haiti




Avril has always been one of my favorite Lions and he is such a great person.


Fake news.
_________________
thelawoffices wrote:
theuntouchable wrote:
What's a matter TLO? Cat got your tongue?


I have mono you [inappropriate/removed]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sllim Pickens


Moderator
Joined: 02 Jan 2007
Posts: 20827
Location: Middle of the Mitten
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like JV will be on the trade market soon. I want the Tigers to blow it up (since they are still determined to try and win without a bullpen) but I wish they would hold onto Miggy and JV and dump everything else. Those are their best players but I feel we are not likely to get good value given their contracts. Will be interesting to see where this goes but I would expect JD, Upton, and maybe Kinsler all gone in the next few weeks.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
nagahide13


Joined: 25 Apr 2008
Posts: 12371
Location: Stumptown
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sllim Pickens wrote:
Sounds like JV will be on the trade market soon. I want the Tigers to blow it up (since they are still determined to try and win without a bullpen) but I wish they would hold onto Miggy and JV and dump everything else. Those are their best players but I feel we are not likely to get good value given their contracts. Will be interesting to see where this goes but I would expect JD, Upton, and maybe Kinsler all gone in the next few weeks.


I'd be okay going into full tank mode. I don't see anything except a dumpster fire in our immediate future... Trade everyone, get everything you possibly can for them.

Like you said, the contracts are going to be a major hindrance... Or will at the least lessen our return... but still. I don't see us going anywhere, and I'd like to see JV win a championship somewhere.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
X_Factor_40


Moderator
Joined: 24 Oct 2005
Posts: 20204
Location: Hockeytown
PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nagahide13 wrote:
Sllim Pickens wrote:
Sounds like JV will be on the trade market soon. I want the Tigers to blow it up (since they are still determined to try and win without a bullpen) but I wish they would hold onto Miggy and JV and dump everything else. Those are their best players but I feel we are not likely to get good value given their contracts. Will be interesting to see where this goes but I would expect JD, Upton, and maybe Kinsler all gone in the next few weeks.


I'd be okay going into full tank mode. I don't see anything except a dumpster fire in our immediate future... Trade everyone, get everything you possibly can for them.

Like you said, the contracts are going to be a major hindrance... Or will at the least lessen our return... but still. I don't see us going anywhere, and I'd like to see JV win a championship somewhere.


I also want to go into full tank mode. I'd probably hold onto Fulmer, but everything else can go for the right price.

I want LA to make an offer for JV. I think he would waive his no trade clause to go there, and I'm sure Kate Upton wouldn't mind. It would sorta-kinda be a bummer letting him go as a fan and all, but I would rather rebuild the farm. I think JV could help LA make a serious run. It just seems like the most logical fit for him in my mind. It's probably too logical.

With that said, I don't think they'll move Miggy.
_________________
LionsFTW wrote:
I got called too abrasive at work the other day, so I'm holding back hard right now so I can prove that jerkoff wrong.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
TL-TwoWinsAway


Joined: 19 Feb 2008
Posts: 27387
PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

detroitroar wrote:
Everyone continously downplays just how bad of a blocker he is. He is among the worst...and not just amongst starters. He is so bad that it takes away from his receiving ability.

I've seen him mentioned as a top 10 TE, because of a couple receiving stats, but he's honestly not even top 20.

Where does Enron rate among pass-catching TEs?
_________________

Team Stylish

"May my enemies live long so they can see me progress."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CutParisLenon


Joined: 18 Jan 2008
Posts: 636
Location: Mid-Michigan
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TL-TwoWinsAway wrote:
detroitroar wrote:
Everyone continously downplays just how bad of a blocker he is. He is among the worst...and not just amongst starters. He is so bad that it takes away from his receiving ability.

I've seen him mentioned as a top 10 TE, because of a couple receiving stats, but he's honestly not even top 20.

Where does Enron rate among pass-catching TEs?


Not sure what metrics you use to measure his position among pass catchers. His receptions and yards in 2016 were in the top 10 I believe, but the guy only had one touchdown and a slew of drops.

I think there is an argument for him statistically, but watching the games, I can't say he was among the top ten as far as impact.

In no particular order, here are 10 guys I'd rather have catching passes in Detroit:

Gronk, Bennett, Henry, Kelce, Cook, Graham, Olsen, Reed, Eifert, Brate.

I am not suggesting this list is perfect, but I'd say all of these excepting Henry and Brate are no-brainers.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
IDOG_det


Moderator
Joined: 02 Mar 2009
Posts: 36892
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ICYMI there will be some updates coming soon. The forum is getting an update and beta testing will available to everyone soon. Click the link and learn about it, there's another link in there you can click to sign up for the beta testing. You guys are going to love this.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=589149&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
_________________

"Strength is meaningless in o-line play if there is no explosive, or speed-strength, quality to the strength."
- LeCharles Bentley

R.I.P. Stylish
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LionsFTW


Joined: 25 Jan 2010
Posts: 20853
Location: Old forum.
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDOG_det wrote:
ICYMI there will be some updates coming soon. The forum is getting an update and beta testing will available to everyone soon. Click the link and learn about it, there's another link in there you can click to sign up for the beta testing. You guys are going to love this.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=589149&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0


Will the new update bring drama back to the Lions Den? If not, then I'm not interested.
_________________
thelawoffices wrote:
theuntouchable wrote:
What's a matter TLO? Cat got your tongue?


I have mono you [inappropriate/removed]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
IDOG_det


Moderator
Joined: 02 Mar 2009
Posts: 36892
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LionsFTW wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:
ICYMI there will be some updates coming soon. The forum is getting an update and beta testing will available to everyone soon. Click the link and learn about it, there's another link in there you can click to sign up for the beta testing. You guys are going to love this.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=589149&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0


Will the new update bring drama back to the Lions Den? If not, then I'm not interested.
You can @ people in the new update and you can ignore people too. I think you'll be able to find a way to cause some drama that way.
_________________

"Strength is meaningless in o-line play if there is no explosive, or speed-strength, quality to the strength."
- LeCharles Bentley

R.I.P. Stylish
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ahoda


Joined: 02 Feb 2005
Posts: 4606
Location: Northern Virginia
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LionsFTW wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:
ICYMI there will be some updates coming soon. The forum is getting an update and beta testing will available to everyone soon. Click the link and learn about it, there's another link in there you can click to sign up for the beta testing. You guys are going to love this.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=589149&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0


Will the new update bring drama back to the Lions Den? If not, then I'm not interested.



I could PM you some - pics if it's drama you want.
_________________
R.I.P STYLISH. GONE BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
LionsFTW


Joined: 25 Jan 2010
Posts: 20853
Location: Old forum.
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Webby lurkin Shocked
_________________
thelawoffices wrote:
theuntouchable wrote:
What's a matter TLO? Cat got your tongue?


I have mono you [inappropriate/removed]
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 87, 88, 89
Page 89 of 89

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group