You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.


 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Depth Chart and Camp News

 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
NightTrainLane


Joined: 22 Oct 2015
Posts: 3184
Location: On the wall defending Reggie from all blasphemous heretics!
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:42 pm    Post subject: Depth Chart and Camp News Reply with quote

The first "unofficial" Depth Chart has been released by the main site.



Things to noted -

The LT position without Penn is Newhouse and Ware at the moment. Ware has been there all camp and OTAs so the coaches must like his potential at the spot.

None of the young guys have taken McGill's spot at backup FS yet.

With the coaches teasing that we my keep 4 TEs Holmes is still holding off O'Malley and Brown but it's been competitive from reports.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TiberiusRising


Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 13266
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Holmes will make final 53 easily if we keep 4 TE's again. He has already done it once before on this team. I heard Brown has not looked good at all.

Sounds like they have had Sean Smith playing some S/LB role like Obi and we know what Carrie can do. But you are right thus far these backup S have not done much.

Borders seems like he will make the roster so he is living up to expectations. He is a pretty good ST player in addition to positional value.

Washington has been running 2nd behind Richard so depth chart is not accurate based on camp reports.

Holton Mickens and Brent seem to be fighting for 1-2 spots.

looks like the toughest choices will be on DL /LB spots. Hester reportedly has looked good, nothing on the LB's fighting for a spot.

The Cook/Manuel competition should be fun to watch.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Re-Drew-Vinated


Joined: 23 Jan 2008
Posts: 2662
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder how they'll use Obi with KJ once they start to phase out Reggie Nelson as starter. KJ should just move to FS, right?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
attack_in_s/b


Joined: 11 Aug 2010
Posts: 1077
PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Re-Drew-Vinated wrote:
I wonder how they'll use Obi with KJ once they start to phase out Reggie Nelson as starter. KJ should just move to FS, right?


Tough to say, traditionally you want the 'rangier' guy on the back end and obi at least on paper should have elite range with his 6'4" frame, 4.3 40 time and jumping ability. K-jo never ran a 40 but I think it's safe to say he's more an instincts guy than pure athlete at least compared to obi whose probably the freakiest safety prospect I've ever seen.

I don't think they'll have fixed roles though and I imagine obi will spend most of his time in man coverage on tight ends at least until the instincts develop more. I wouldn't be shocked to see us moving him to lb and using essentially 3 safety looks either. Gotta remember he's raw, which to me means he's got better athletic skills than instincts which I'd think would mean more man coverage. I like k-jo closer to the line too though. When we drafted him I thought it was more as a box safety than single high. I imagine on 3rd and intermediate you'll see obi on the TE and k-jo playing deep. On first down I am gone it'd be the opposite with Joseph in the box and obi playing deep against the shots down field.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NightTrainLane


Joined: 22 Oct 2015
Posts: 3184
Location: On the wall defending Reggie from all blasphemous heretics!
PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

attack_in_s/b wrote:
Re-Drew-Vinated wrote:
I wonder how they'll use Obi with KJ once they start to phase out Reggie Nelson as starter. KJ should just move to FS, right?


Tough to say, traditionally you want the 'rangier' guy on the back end and obi at least on paper should have elite range with his 6'4" frame, 4.3 40 time and jumping ability. K-jo never ran a 40 but I think it's safe to say he's more an instincts guy than pure athlete at least compared to obi whose probably the freakiest safety prospect I've ever seen.

I don't think they'll have fixed roles though and I imagine obi will spend most of his time in man coverage on tight ends at least until the instincts develop more. I wouldn't be shocked to see us moving him to lb and using essentially 3 safety looks either. Gotta remember he's raw, which to me means he's got better athletic skills than instincts which I'd think would mean more man coverage. I like k-jo closer to the line too though. When we drafted him I thought it was more as a box safety than single high. I imagine on 3rd and intermediate you'll see obi on the TE and k-jo playing deep. On first down I am gone it'd be the opposite with Joseph in the box and obi playing deep against the shots down field.


Right now Nelson is still the FS and in single high if the coverage calls for it. Not meaning that is how the season will start. With the talk of SS and OBi both playing LB/S roles, Conley and Borders in the slot and Carrie in the mix I think we'll see alot of movement and different sets from this group including a set with Conley and Amerson on the outside, SS and Obi as LBs, Karl and Borders in the slot and a single high whether it's Nelson or Carrie, who we can't forget about and can play all over the field.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
big_palooka


Joined: 30 Mar 2006
Posts: 25678
Location: ATL
PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why is Zamora so low? He's suppose to be starting next season Laughing Laughing
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RaiderX


Joined: 04 Jan 2007
Posts: 24271
Location: Crown Town, CA
PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

See if Smith can stay opposite Amerson. Wouldn't be surprised if both get beat out.
_________________

SaveourSonics wrote:
Yea, RaiderX wins. We can all just top acting like this is a matter of opinion. MY GOD.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
dante9876


Joined: 23 Dec 2008
Posts: 26898
PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaiderX wrote:
See if Smith can stay opposite Amerson. Wouldn't be surprised if both get beat out.


Naw.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NightTrainLane


Joined: 22 Oct 2015
Posts: 3184
Location: On the wall defending Reggie from all blasphemous heretics!
PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The injuries are starting to pile up. Getting annoying. I guess it's better to happen now then in the season. I just hope we start to get healthy.

I heard reports of Mack, Cooper, Conley, Obi, Sharpe, Ware, McGill, Brown, and Lewis all missing or going down in practice. Helfet, Feli, Ward and Heeney are already on lists not practicing. Worst of all was this...

Levi Damien‏Verified account @LeviDamien

Marshawn just went down in drills. Trying to walk it off. #Raiders
12:48 PM - 8 Aug 2017

Levi Damien‏Verified account @LeviDamien

Marshawn seems ok. Went right into first team huddle, ran it on first snap. #Raiders
12:50 PM - 8 Aug 2017
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MrOaktown_56


Joined: 15 Dec 2013
Posts: 8099
PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
Why is Zamora so low? He's suppose to be starting next season Laughing Laughing


He's pretty unpolished. Still think we need to see him play in actual games before we make judgments, as his physical ability is off the charts and he can play football. Baylor fans think highly of him and they've put out some damn good receivers over the last few years.
_________________
Danand wrote:
Carr is 22-25,no playoff games, I'd take Flacco over him.To me it seems like Flacco is just where he belongs. Behind the Brady, Roethlisberger,Rivers,Rodgers,Wilson and ahead of Carr,Tannehill,Cousins,Palmer,Dalton,Luck
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rolni


Joined: 08 Jun 2008
Posts: 3423
Location: Europe
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NightTrainLane wrote:
The injuries are starting to pile up. Getting annoying. I guess it's better to happen now then in the season. I just hope we start to get healthy.

I heard reports of Mack, Cooper, Conley, Obi, Sharpe, Ware, McGill, Brown, and Lewis all missing or going down in practice. Helfet, Feli, Ward and Heeney are already on lists not practicing. Worst of all was this...

Levi Damien‏Verified account @LeviDamien

Marshawn just went down in drills. Trying to walk it off. #Raiders
12:48 PM - 8 Aug 2017

Levi Damien‏Verified account @LeviDamien

Marshawn seems ok. Went right into first team huddle, ran it on first snap. #Raiders
12:50 PM - 8 Aug 2017


It is annoying for sure!
On the other hand we were quite lucky the previous years IMO, so we are a bit too sensitive now maybe...

Mack is just having a day off IMO...let Cowser work with the first unit and let him rest a little.

Cooper is frustrating a bit, but as you said it better now then in the season...we know what he can do, he has the chemistry in place with Carr...we don't need him in pre season games.

Conley, Obi, Sharpe, Ware would need as much time as possible in practice, so it really sucks. Vanderdoes also sat out a practice, but he is gonna be back after a swollen knee.

McGill is done and lost...will be missed in ST, but nothing mayor

Brown, Lewis, Helfet are just PS candidates, so not a big deal IMO.

Feliciano and Heeney should be in camp and work their butt of to stick around and improve. I think Heeney could get cut easily after this injury plugged TC, while Feli should be back as a reserve on the 53 IMO.

Ward's situation is pretty unfortunate. He needed all the practice he could got...It is a big set back that he is out...with that said he had a full offseason and a full season under his belt, so he should be able to contribute after he gets back. Good thing is that Vanderdoes and Autry looks good according to camp news...
_________________
WIN LOSE OR TIE...RAIDER FAN 'TIL I DIE!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
raidr4life


Joined: 10 Jan 2010
Posts: 8707
Location: Fresno, California
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tramaine Brock cleared of DV charges should we give him a look?
_________________
Homey don't play that!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NightTrainLane


Joined: 22 Oct 2015
Posts: 3184
Location: On the wall defending Reggie from all blasphemous heretics!
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolni wrote:
NightTrainLane wrote:
The injuries are starting to pile up. Getting annoying. I guess it's better to happen now then in the season. I just hope we start to get healthy.

I heard reports of Mack, Cooper, Conley, Obi, Sharpe, Ware, McGill, Brown, and Lewis all missing or going down in practice. Helfet, Feli, Ward and Heeney are already on lists not practicing. Worst of all was this...

Levi Damien‏Verified account @LeviDamien

Marshawn just went down in drills. Trying to walk it off. #Raiders
12:48 PM - 8 Aug 2017

Levi Damien‏Verified account @LeviDamien

Marshawn seems ok. Went right into first team huddle, ran it on first snap. #Raiders
12:50 PM - 8 Aug 2017


It is annoying for sure!
On the other hand we were quite lucky the previous years IMO, so we are a bit too sensitive now maybe...



Yeah last year we had a good run on the injury front but having 10+ guys miss practice, especially at the positions they are in, is concerning regardless of anything that happened previously. Nothing sensitive about it. I just hope later in camp we have a full house or atleast the more important guys as you have outlined are full goes.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group