You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Madden 17 Thread (8/23/2016)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 50, 51, 52

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Madden 17 and video games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tyty

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are there any good youtubers to watch the cinematic storyline in madden 18 when it comes out? Smoove is my go to for watching 2k but I can't watch someone play madden on pro or rookie, it's too cringey
atown703

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
cddolphin wrote:
HorizontoZenith wrote:
^I disagree. If somebody else was to do this and have downloadable team names and player names, it would lose EA money, and if EA lost money, they would either make a better product or not renew the exclusive licensing. If they had that downloadable team/player feature, they would sell a LOT of copies.

I would agree with this. If there was an easy way to download rosters and skins for teams. Fans might miss the "commentary" and players' names being said but if it even takes a 5-10% chunk of their market share, they will pay attention and hopefully make some adjustments.

The hardest hurdle to overcome would be the HUGE marketing reach EA has. Side note, I wouldn't be surprised if EA spent more yearly on marketing the product than actually developing it.

IIRC, 2K Sports made All Pro 2K8 as sort of a "test" to see how much they could compete vs Madden without an NFL license. Now, 2K8 was very meh and bare bones (although it did have better animations and physics than Madden), but they came to the conclusion they couldnt compete with Madden. One of the developers said that it wasnt worth putting in all the money that would be needed to make it a great game when the lack of an NFL license put them at an extreme disadvantage to begin with.

THAT is why I dont think its realistic. A non-NFL football game would have to be amazing from the get go and offer something Madden doesnt to pull many sales away from Madden. And if the game didnt sell well in year one, there isnt alot of incentive to keep going.

For those reasons, I have given up on ever seeing a non-Madden football game.
I really enjoyed the Blitz: The League games. Wish they would bring those back

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tyty wrote:
Are there any good youtubers to watch the cinematic storyline in madden 18 when it comes out? Smoove is my go to for watching 2k but I can't watch someone play madden on pro or rookie, it's too cringey

MrHurriccane is fun to watch. I watch his franchises every year.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BayRaider wrote:
1) 2K would make the game cheaper even if it's just $10

???

Not sure what youre saying here.

If youre simply saying they would make a cheaper alternative, it still wouldnt compete with Madden. They arent going to put the physical and financial effort into a football game that would be needed to push Madden...and thats my whole point.

If you disagree with that...well, all I can say is facts and history arent on your side. If someone was going to do that, they would have by now.

Quote:
2) Nobody I know in real life or the internet "likes" Madden. Maybe 10%... everyone would instantly buy a 2K game IMO.

Well, I dont know the people you know and I dont know what youve been reading, but I can safely say your numbers dont fall in line with reality. Maybe if we are talking about just sim gamers.....but if we are including everyone, youre not even close.

There are ALOT of people who like Madden. ALOT. Sure....most of the online tourney types of casual football fans/gamers who dont know enough about football to realize how flawed Madden is....but the fact is, there are ALOT of people who like it.

Quote:
We all buy Madden because it's the only football game.

So you would buy a football game even if it was bare bones and limited on features like All Pro 2K8? Because thats the best youre likely to get from a FIRST ATTEMPT at a football game lacking the NFL license. Only way it would get better is if alot of people supported it and 2K (or any other developer) saw it was worth investing more resources into.)

Quote:
Don't get me wrong, Madden is definitely out selling it the first 2-3 years but within 4-5 years I think a 2K Football game starts to put Madden in the grave. After seven years it might cease to exist.

Only way 2K (or any other developer) would have a chance of taking on Madden without an NFL license is if they created a game that was notably superior in almost every way. But thats my point.....they would have to take a HUGE leap of faith from a financial standpoint that their game would eventually become good enough to compete with Madden.

Its not going to happen.

Quote:
Although they would be forced to try to put out a good football game which would be interesting and maybe they would stay alive.

Look, no one wants to see competition more than me. Thats the only chance we have of ever seeing a good football game again.

I just dont see it happening.

Quote:
They haven't put any effort into a game since Madden 06 Laughing

Based on what Ive heard from people who have worked at EA and specifically on Madden over the years, its the higher ups that basically handcuff the game designers. Apparently, there have been lead game designers on Madden who have wanted to completely overhaul the engine and make the game we all dream about, but the big wigs put the kibosh on that and force them to push things like Madden Ultimate Team and anything involving micro-transactions to milk as much money away from gamers as possible.

EA is full of scumbags. Its just not just because of Madden, either. They have ruined multiple franchises and their main goal is to take advantage of as many gamers as possible.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish 2k still made football games that was my choice before they quit making football games.
jyod21

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PggyBaVRm_c

New trailer. Doesn't look bad. Not a fan of all the clutter on the screen, with the total control passing. Hopefully you can turn the icons off.
Stance Punk

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jyod21 wrote:

New trailer. Doesn't look bad. Not a fan of all the clutter on the screen, with the total control passing. Hopefully you can turn the icons off.

The precision passing mechanic is entirely optional.
jyod21

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stance Punk wrote:
jyod21 wrote:

The precision passing mechanic is entirely optional.

Yeah, I saw that info come out later. It wasn't known at the time of the trailer release. Good to know. I like the least amount of stuff, that isn't involving the actual game of football, on my screen as possible. It takes away from the immersion, and realism, for me.
Calvert28

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just saw the story mode for Madden 18.

Is this gonna be the same story where I am adopted by a black family being a white child and have the same back story everytime of growing up in the hood?
Moz, bad teams pick in the top 5.That's the way the draft works.
jyod21

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calvert28 wrote:
Just saw the story mode for Madden 18.

Is this gonna be the same story where I am adopted by a black family being a white child and have the same back story everytime of growing up in the hood?

You're not creating yourself, you're just playing the character. It's not like the Spike Lee 2k, its going to be just like the Fifa story, where you play Alex Hunter.
steelcurtain29

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those who are big on MUT...

Ultimate Team almost REMOVED TRADING THIS YEAR.

Trading is now even worse. Any card you receive via trade CAN NOT BE SOLD unless you trade it back to the original owner and get your original card back.

Typical EA. Anything to make sure it's a way to have more in-game purchases.
Stance Punk

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

steelcurtain29 wrote:
For those who are big on MUT...

Ultimate Team almost REMOVED TRADING THIS YEAR.

Trading is now even worse. Any card you receive via trade CAN NOT BE SOLD unless you trade it back to the original owner and get your original card back.

Typical EA. Anything to make sure it's a way to have more in-game purchases.

You can subvert it by using the auction house. You lose the 10% tax on each exchange and it's more tedious but it can still be done.
YellowSCRE4MS

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EA attempting to slow down people who abuse farm accounts lol

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MATT KALIL is a 78

RILEY REIFF is a 71

DUDE, WHAT

DELETE THIS GAME

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Madden 17 and video games All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 50, 51, 52
Page 52 of 52

Jump to: