You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Stacy Mcgee Highlights
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thejunki

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doc Draper wrote:
thejunki wrote:
Give him time to learn yall scheme and before you guys pull out the pitchforks . You will know what you guys have in mcgee by the second game.

Thanks for the Intel. Why didn't the Raiders resign him? Our cupboard is pretty bare a NT and DE so he's to hoping he can be a three down guy.

Our GM wanted to resign him but mcgee agent and Reggie (Our GM) didn't see eye to eye when it came to the $$$$. Reggie was hoping Mcgee take a discount due to our cap situation. (We had to sign carr to a long term deal, give marshawn a good contract, sign Gabe jackson (Guy on our Oline who got a 56 million dollar contract by the way), and use the little money we had left for the rookies. Reggie was hoping for a 2 year/10 million dollar contract for Mcgee and well we all seen how that ended Rolling Eyes
Doc Draper

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thejunki wrote:
Doc Draper wrote:
thejunki wrote:
Give him time to learn yall scheme and before you guys pull out the pitchforks . You will know what you guys have in mcgee by the second game.

Thanks for the Intel. Why didn't the Raiders resign him? Our cupboard is pretty bare a NT and DE so he's to hoping he can be a three down guy.

Our GM wanted to resign him but mcgee agent and Reggie (Our GM) didn't see eye to eye when it came to the $$$$. Reggie was hoping Mcgee take a discount due to our cap situation. (We had to sign carr to a long term deal, give marshawn a good contract, sign Gabe jackson (Guy on our Oline who got a 56 million dollar contract by the way), and use the little money we had left for the rookies. Reggie was hoping for a 2 year/10 million dollar contract for Mcgee and well we all seen how that ended Rolling Eyes

Thanks. Now that you guys are moving to Vegas my second home I'll be rooting for you. Reggie's brother was a really good Redskin and you guys are building a really good team.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doc Draper wrote:
thejunki wrote:

Because we vastly overpaid him and he's not very good. Paying this man what we should've paid Swaggy is what makes Bruce Allen a complete prick.
turtle28

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doc Draper wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Doc Draper wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
Jeezy Fanatic wrote:
Legit question: Who is Stacy Mcgee?
6th round draft pick for the Radiers in 2013 out of Oklahoma, he played with Trent Williams at Oklahoma. He worked his way up to being the Raiders starting NT last year and played wel for them when healthy but he missed 7 games.

Watch the video.

Nope- not one play in the first 4 minutes of this clip of him playing NT. Another question mark if we are planing to transition him into a NT.
4-3 NT & 3-4 one gap NT play the same gap, the 1 gap, just off the outside shoulder of the center. Go read about it if you think I'm lying about it. I'm so tired of having to explain this over and over to this board and on twitter for the last 3 years.

Turtle you writing sometime appears condescending which may not be your intent. McGee lined up over the outside shoulder of the guard on the video clip not the center. Inaccurate and condescending is a terrible combo. Let's see if he can contribute which he may because we have little DL talent but teams rarely let good players leave. If we play him a NT it will be a transition for him.
That's not every snap he ever played in a raider uniform. You had a raider fan just explain to you what I've been saying for 5 months. He played all over the line, even 4-3 DE when he first came into the league because he has deceptive quickness. When the Raiders played their 3-4 look with Mack & Irving as 3-4 OLBs, McGee was their NT. When McGee was on the field they gave up 1 less yard per carry because he's a good run defender.

We should be excited about his potential as a run defender for our defense - which we've missed since Cofield was cut - not doubting the guy before he even plays a snap in a Redskins uniform just because you don't like Bruce Allen.

"God made certain people to play football... Sean was one" JG
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
turtle28

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lavar703 wrote:
Doc Draper wrote:
thejunki wrote:

Because we vastly overpaid him and he's not very good. Paying this man what we should've paid Swaggy is what makes Bruce Allen a complete prick.
You think we overpaid for him, but we don't know the answer to that. It's just a hunch you have because you don't like Bruce Allen but in actuality it was Jim Tomsula who pushed the front office to sign McGee and McClain to be the free agent additions to our DL.

Are you going to claim to know more than Jim Tomsula about DL just because you don't like Bruce Allen?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Marcus21

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are in a base 3-4 around 15 snaps a game!!! McGee will be in the rotation at DT when we are in our nickle which is 75% of the time!! This is why we don't draft a NT in the first couple rounds. They only play around 15 snaps a game. We have 3 guys competing for that NT spot....Taylor, Mbu, Francis. If he can stay healthy, McGee along with Mclain will be one of the most important FA pick ups this offseason.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lavar703 wrote:
Doc Draper wrote:
thejunki wrote:

I mean lets be honest. Bruce Allen was a complete prick before this deal went down.

Bruce Allen is a snake and should be fired.
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MKnight82 wrote:
lavar703 wrote:
Doc Draper wrote:
thejunki wrote:

I mean lets be honest. Bruce Allen was a complete prick before this deal went down.
Allen is a prick, will always be a prick but as we've learned about Dan Snyder since he bought the team in 99, he's always had a guy who he would have be the prick for him but we always knew and know now that it was truly Snyder's orders. Bruce Allen to me is like Vinny Cerrato 2.0 but Bruce is a slightly better version than Vinny.

My hope is that Bruce listens to those like Jay Gruden, his assistants, Doug Williams and Kyle Smith when it comes to personnel decisions. IMO so far this offseason given the free agent signings we've made and the draft picks we've made he has. I'm not going to say we should be jumping up and down about Bruce but at least he hired Jay & Doug and I trust those guys can build a winning team.

Doc Draper

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
lavar703 wrote:
Doc Draper wrote:
thejunki wrote:

Allen is a prick, will always be a prick but as we've learned about Dan Snyder since he bought the team in 99, he's always had a guy who he would have be the prick for him but we always knew and know now that it was truly Snyder's orders. Bruce Allen to me is like Vinny Cerrato 2.0 but Bruce is a slightly better version than Vinny.

My hope is that Bruce listens to those like Jay Gruden, his assistants, Doug Williams and Kyle Smith when it comes to personnel decisions. IMO so far this offseason given the free agent signings we've made and the draft picks we've made he has. I'm not going to say we should be jumping up and down about Bruce but at least he hired Jay & Doug and I trust those guys can build a winning team.

I respect Doug Williams for what he did as a player, but what has he done that demonstrates he is a great judge of player talent? NOTHING. He may be good, but recognize it for what it is- a distraction and shield against criticism hoping Redskins fans will not criticize him as he was a former player who won a super bowl- same reason Bruce was brought in

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doc Draper wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
lavar703 wrote:
Doc Draper wrote:
thejunki wrote:

I respect Doug Williams for what he did as a player, but what has he done that demonstrates he is a great judge of player talent? NOTHING. He may be good, but recognize it for what it is- a distraction and shield against criticism hoping Redskins fans will not criticize him as he was a former player who won a super bowl- same reason Bruce was brought in
So, the player you loved to hype so much last year Anthony Lanier, Doug had nothing to do with us plucking him from a historically black college and helping to mold him into what looks like is goin got be a solid rotational contributor and maybe more someday?

You know, there was a time when all talent evaluators were question marks like Scot, Ozzie, Kevin Colbert and others; the only way to find out if they're going to be good is to give them a chance.

Doc Draper

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Doc Draper wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
MKnight82 wrote:
lavar703 wrote:
Doc Draper wrote:
thejunki wrote:

So, the player you loved to hype so much last year Anthony Lanier, Doug had nothing to do with us plucking him from a historically black college and helping to mold him into what looks like is goin got be a solid rotational contributor and maybe more someday?

You know, there was a time when all talent evaluators were question marks like Scot, Ozzie, Kevin Colbert and others; the only way to find out if they're going to be good is to give them a chance.

good point. Lets see what Lanier can do, but that is a sample size of 1. Most people do a job very very well over a perod of time and then they get promoted to the head guy- that didnt happen here. Just because I have been a good patient and I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express you probably wouldn't want me doing your surgery without a track record of success.

Location: in a land where the furniture folds to a much smaller size
PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marcus21 wrote:
We are in a base 3-4 around 15 snaps a game!!! McGee will be in the rotation at DT when we are in our nickle which is 75% of the time!! This is why we don't draft a NT in the first couple rounds. They only play around 15 snaps a game. We have 3 guys competing for that NT spot....Taylor, Mbu, Francis. If he can stay healthy, McGee along with Mclain will be one of the most important FA pick ups this offseason.

Then why stay with a system that requires the team to keep guys on the roster only to play 15-20 snaps a game? That's a waste of a valuable resource (roster spots).
turtle28

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woz wrote:
Marcus21 wrote:

Then why stay with a system that requires the team to keep guys on the roster only to play 15-20 snaps a game? That's a waste of a valuable resource (roster spots).
*looks around* Wonders why after 7 years the smartest guy on the board is still not understanding the point that Marcus is talking about and our personnel/rotation of DL. Once again I'll point out for the 1000th time that our NTs have always been able to rotate in when we go to a 4 man line, and if they aren't you consider the fact that they play 30% of the game and our other 5 DL split up the rest of the snaps. It's not as big of a deal as you've made it out to be for 7 years.

MikeT14

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
Woz wrote:
Marcus21 wrote:

*looks around* Wonders why after 7 years the smartest guy on the board is still not understanding the point that Marcus is talking about and our personnel/rotation of DL. Once again I'll point out for the 1000th time that our NTs have always been able to rotate in when we go to a 4 man line, and if they aren't you consider the fact that they play 30% of the game and our other 5 DL split up the rest of the snaps. It's not as big of a deal as you've made it out to be for 7 years.

Then aren't we at a disadvantage 15-20 snaps a game? When a lot of times games come down to a handful?

- mike23md

D.C. Sports: Hope is fine, but believing is where we screw up.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: