You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.


 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Oakland Raiders Defense v2
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20
 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Silver&Black88


Moderator
Joined: 24 Feb 2009
Posts: 41597
Location: Los Angeles, CA
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
agarcia34 wrote:
Man Sean Smith fell of hard. He was so good with KC and came here and it just isn't working out. Honestly might be time to move on from him. I would be surprised if he makes the final cut.


Was waiting for the first hot take on this subject.


I mean, from all accounts he's playing like crap against 2's and "loafing and moping" around. Not what you want from a vet you're paying $10M to. Obviously there's still plenty of preseason but its not impossible is all I'm saying. Or rather, if his dead cap hit were lower, it would be more likely. 9 Mill apparently.

https://overthecap.com/salary-cap/oakland-raiders/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NightTrainLane


Joined: 22 Oct 2015
Posts: 3184
Location: On the wall defending Reggie from all blasphemous heretics!
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
agarcia34 wrote:
Man Sean Smith fell of hard. He was so good with KC and came here and it just isn't working out. Honestly might be time to move on from him. I would be surprised if he makes the final cut.


Was waiting for the first hot take on this subject.


I mean, from all accounts he's playing like crap against 2's and "loafing and moping" around. Not what you want from a vet you're paying $10M to. Obviously there's still plenty of preseason but its not impossible is all I'm saying. Or rather, if his dead cap hit were lower, it would be more likely. 9 Mill apparently.

https://overthecap.com/salary-cap/oakland-raiders/


Yeah, in essence we paid him already for this yr so we might as well keep him in case of injury to others. If he really becomes a distraction he will only hurt his value in a trade or getting the best possible deal next year.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
alex_93


Joined: 19 Feb 2009
Posts: 2759
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BABYLON 5 wrote:
Been watching Vanderdoes closely today and Gabe Jackson is not taking his lunch money. Thatís pretty good for a rookie

Edwards Jr.: Eddie Vanderdoes is "a hell of a player. Heís really strong, has good hands. He is going to make some noise this year.Ē

Eddie Vanderdoes gets a sack of Carr from the interior. Rookie third round pick has had a good day.

I know its just camp but it looks like Vanderdoes is turning heads in camp.Hearing a lot of good things about him hope he is a steal


Since the draft I've been re-watching a lot of Eddie Vanderdoes and I'm very high on him for the season.

Going back to senior bowl practices he had some very impressive reps in individual drills where he flat out beat a couple of dudes, who on closer inspection turned out to be Forrest Lamp and Dan Feeney if I remember correctly, 2 of the best OL prospects in the draft!

Then just going back to his film, he has shown some real flashes I guess the thing for him was always consistency. I'm not sure I buy the whole lazy thing, at least this offseason he has looked very motivated and it's clearly showing on the field. Many of the things I have read about him sound eerily similar to MEJ and I have got a feeling we may have another on our hands in Vanderdoes.

Let's hope he can keep this level of play of through the off-season and into the regular season!
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mct288


Joined: 23 Feb 2015
Posts: 75
Location: VA
PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alex_93 wrote:
BABYLON 5 wrote:
Been watching Vanderdoes closely today and Gabe Jackson is not taking his lunch money. Thatís pretty good for a rookie

Edwards Jr.: Eddie Vanderdoes is "a hell of a player. Heís really strong, has good hands. He is going to make some noise this year.Ē

Eddie Vanderdoes gets a sack of Carr from the interior. Rookie third round pick has had a good day.

I know its just camp but it looks like Vanderdoes is turning heads in camp.Hearing a lot of good things about him hope he is a steal


Since the draft I've been re-watching a lot of Eddie Vanderdoes and I'm very high on him for the season.

Going back to senior bowl practices he had some very impressive reps in individual drills where he flat out beat a couple of dudes, who on closer inspection turned out to be Forrest Lamp and Dan Feeney if I remember correctly, 2 of the best OL prospects in the draft!

Then just going back to his film, he has shown some real flashes I guess the thing for him was always consistency. I'm not sure I buy the whole lazy thing, at least this offseason he has looked very motivated and it's clearly showing on the field. Many of the things I have read about him sound eerily similar to MEJ and I have got a feeling we may have another on our hands in Vanderdoes.

Let's hope he can keep this level of play of through the off-season and into the regular season!


I feel like the lazy thing/weight fluctuation is overblown. I remember someone said he was "entitled" at one point. I could pass that off as just being 18 years old and a top recruit in the country. For the weight fluctuation, dude was a 300 pounder anyway, and then tore his ACL. I would find it less likely that he stay at his initial weight than to gain some being a big guy with that injury. I think the Raiders got a good one, and quite lucky that teams are gun shy about easily explained things.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Darbsk


Joined: 21 Oct 2008
Posts: 1998
Location: Wales, UK
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mct288 wrote:
alex_93 wrote:
BABYLON 5 wrote:
Been watching Vanderdoes closely today and Gabe Jackson is not taking his lunch money. Thatís pretty good for a rookie

Edwards Jr.: Eddie Vanderdoes is "a hell of a player. Heís really strong, has good hands. He is going to make some noise this year.Ē

Eddie Vanderdoes gets a sack of Carr from the interior. Rookie third round pick has had a good day.

I know its just camp but it looks like Vanderdoes is turning heads in camp.Hearing a lot of good things about him hope he is a steal


Since the draft I've been re-watching a lot of Eddie Vanderdoes and I'm very high on him for the season.

Going back to senior bowl practices he had some very impressive reps in individual drills where he flat out beat a couple of dudes, who on closer inspection turned out to be Forrest Lamp and Dan Feeney if I remember correctly, 2 of the best OL prospects in the draft!

Then just going back to his film, he has shown some real flashes I guess the thing for him was always consistency. I'm not sure I buy the whole lazy thing, at least this offseason he has looked very motivated and it's clearly showing on the field. Many of the things I have read about him sound eerily similar to MEJ and I have got a feeling we may have another on our hands in Vanderdoes.

Let's hope he can keep this level of play of through the off-season and into the regular season!


I feel like the lazy thing/weight fluctuation is overblown. I remember someone said he was "entitled" at one point. I could pass that off as just being 18 years old and a top recruit in the country. For the weight fluctuation, dude was a 300 pounder anyway, and then tore his ACL. I would find it less likely that he stay at his initial weight than to gain some being a big guy with that injury. I think the Raiders got a good one, and quite lucky that teams are gun shy about easily explained things.


https://www.silverandblackpride.com/2017/8/8/16102658/eddie-vanderdoes-performing-in-raiders-camp-like-hes-a-draft-steal

Good to hear big Eddie is flashing some talent in camp though I'm going to temper expectations for the time being until he shows something on the field. Loved the pick and hopefully these flashes are an indication of the type of talent that could help transform our defensive front. If we can get a solid season out of Edwards also it could really help the ILB situation too and make that not such a big issue.
_________________
"The fire that burns brightest in the Raiders organization is the will to win."
Mr. Al Davis RIP
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rolni


Joined: 08 Jun 2008
Posts: 3423
Location: Europe
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darbsk wrote:

https://www.silverandblackpride.com/2017/8/8/16102658/eddie-vanderdoes-performing-in-raiders-camp-like-hes-a-draft-steal

Good to hear big Eddie is flashing some talent in camp though I'm going to temper expectations for the time being until he shows something on the field. Loved the pick and hopefully these flashes are an indication of the type of talent that could help transform our defensive front. If we can get a solid season out of Edwards also it could really help the ILB situation too and make that not such a big issue.


Eddie could be huge for us!

If he can effectively lock down our base DT spot, this D should be a lot better.
With him at DT playing well:
-we could put Mario at LDE, where he can be a monster against the run
-we could rotate Jelly and Latham at NT to keep them fresh
-the interior OL's would have a hard time against our NT-DT combo with run blocking
-Mack would not get double and triple teams that much
-Mack and Irvin would have an easier job to get sacks, if the QB is not allowed to step up in the pocket easily

He could be a nice nickel, dime DT option in the rotation as well.
The Edwards-Vanderdoes duo looks good on paper now both against the pass and the run there...
Autry could return to his rotational duties where he could be really valuable with a healthy hand now.
Ward and Hester could be worked into the rotation only when they trully deserve it and especially Ward could learn the nasty mentality from Edwards and Eddie on the inside.

With the rookie DB's still sidelined and also their positions being filled better with other players, Eddie could be the biggest early contributor this year.
_________________
WIN LOSE OR TIE...RAIDER FAN 'TIL I DIE!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20
Page 20 of 20

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group