You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Lions Forum Fantasy Baseball Discussion Thread #30
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 81, 82, 83

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
davisblack

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lions017 wrote:
Not trying to call anyone out here, but how is it ok that we have a team that has just one active starting pitcher on the roster and three relievers? That's tanking. Trading away talent is one thing, this is completely different. Another team has literally ZERO active pitchers.

How is this ok? If you set your lineup and still lose that's one thing, but this is losing on purpose.

When I have no chance of making the playoffs why would I drop potential keepers (prospects) for garbage waiver fodder to try and win a game that doesn't matter?
Lions017

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

davisblack wrote:
Lions017 wrote:
Not trying to call anyone out here, but how is it ok that we have a team that has just one active starting pitcher on the roster and three relievers? That's tanking. Trading away talent is one thing, this is completely different. Another team has literally ZERO active pitchers.

How is this ok? If you set your lineup and still lose that's one thing, but this is losing on purpose.

When I have no chance of making the playoffs why would I drop potential keepers (prospects) for garbage waiver fodder to try and win a game that doesn't matter?

I don't think that it's fair for teams to intentionally lose all of the pitching categories, which pretty much automatically results in a loss. You should have to field a complete roster. You still have to play and the games count for the other teams that are trying to win. Why not just stick all of your players on the bench if this is the case? Is that allowed as well?

Trading players to acquire picks is a legitimate strategy. You want to pick up minor leaguers? Fine, that's legitimate too - but I don't think that it is if you can't otherwise field a full team. You're not just fielding a weak team right now with the intent to be better long-term, you're essentially losing on purpose each week. That's not cool. This league is already pretty divided between people trying to win now and people rebuilding, but this is too extreme.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lions017 wrote:
davisblack wrote:
Lions017 wrote:

I don't think that it's fair for teams to intentionally lose all of the pitching categories, which pretty much automatically results in a loss. You should have to field a complete roster. You still have to play and the games count for the other teams that are trying to win. Why not just stick all of your players on the bench if this is the case? Is that allowed as well?

Trading players to acquire picks is a legitimate strategy. You want to pick up minor leaguers? Fine, that's legitimate too - but I don't think that it is if you can't otherwise field a full team. You're not just fielding a weak team right now with the intent to be better long-term, you're essentially losing on purpose each week. That's not cool. This league is already pretty divided between people trying to win now and people rebuilding, but this is too extreme.

There is no anti tanking rule, and I'm not even sure how it would be enforced. It's not like I'm choosing not to have active P's on my team just to loose. My main goal is to have as many potential keepers on my roster at the end of the season as possible.

If you feel so strongly about this, then the next time we vote on league changes you should bring it up. I'm not sure how it would be enforced though. Everyone needs to have ~20 IP and ~150 AB a week or they are out of the league? Three strike policy? I would likely vote yes on a change like that just because teams that barely set their lineups/DL right from the get go are far worse than what I am doing IMO.
nagahide13

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty sure we came up with an anti tanking rule a few years ago. Regardless, we really shouldn't have to. It's pretty obvious that tanking is completely frowned upon in pretty much every circumstance. It's incredibly detrimental to the integrity of any league, and is just bad sportsmanship.

Anyway, I thought he was referring to 1King until I checked other rosters.

I don't think we can enforce anything this year right now, even if only because too many owners are doing it.
Lions017

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nagahide13 wrote:
Pretty sure we came up with an anti tanking rule a few years ago. Regardless, we really shouldn't have to. It's pretty obvious that tanking is completely frowned upon in pretty much every circumstance. It's incredibly detrimental to the integrity of any league, and is just bad sportsmanship.

I don't think we can enforce anything this year right now, even if only because too many owners are doing it.

I think that it's simple - you have to field a complete lineup. You can make some exceptions for injuries or travel days, but you should always at least have a player at every roster spot, whether they're in the big leagues or not. That's not hard - we only require five pitchers. If someone gets hurt or sucks one week then you might not get the minimum innings requirement, but it's not acceptable to have zero innings pitched. Stuff like that ruins the integrity of the league. Real teams "tank," but the Astros fielded a full team. The Browns aren't going to punt on first down or carry seven QB's just to get a better lock or hope to hit on a QB.

If it's a consistent problem (not just one week) then maybe your first round pick gets booted to the end of the first round. Do it again and your next one does too. That's just an idea based on what I've seen in football leagues.

Last edited by Lions017 on Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
davisblack

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nagahide13 wrote:

Do you remember what the exact rule is? I remember there was talk about it, but I don't remember an actual rule being voted, and agreed upon. If that is a rule I will definitely abide by it as long as it's being enforced upon all teams.
nagahide13

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

davisblack wrote:
nagahide13 wrote:

Do you remember what the exact rule is? I remember there was talk about it, but I don't remember an actual rule being voted, and agreed upon. If that is a rule I will definitely abide by it as long as it's being enforced upon all teams.

Nah. I think any kind of punishment would require multiple warnings anyway. I wouldn't be in favor of penalizing anyone right now. I would be in favor of renewing the discussion in the offseason.
LION KING

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeap, that happen to ME!

I sat all my players because I lost in the playoffs season was over for me and I was told I still had to play a loser bracket match vs ### who took 1st place and wanted a better draft slot then myself who had a worse record. Made no sense then makes no sense now!

I took offense to Blaze changing the rules from loser gets better pick to winner gets better pick with 2 days left in the match up because ### cried foul because he had no shot at getting better draft pick.

Reason simple with a Loss I was giving better draft pick over ### because he was higher seed to begin with making no sense for me to even considering trying to win to get what a worse draft slot.

Seriously was messed up you get better record better seeding then want better draft pick because of a loser bracket match up.

Yeah what ever. I blasted Blaze pretty much for cheating and almost got banded yet most owners in here at the time agree with me I had no rule or reason to set my lineup period!

Yet Blaze still on his own merit changed it for ### good to have pals I guess either way there is no rule for setting a lineup or deciding to sit pitchers or batters for that matter.

Yet u only need 1 roster spot to pick up and drop 5 SP giving u 6 for a match up there is no reason not to get 25 innings pitched so for integrity of the league it should be MANDATORY that every owner at min plays with 10 batters and reaches 25 innings every match.

We should consider that a rule at least try to win every match even if your selling every player.

Funny part is Blaze is gone and I am still here perhaps KARMA!

NEXT TIME STOMP ON HIM GET YOUR MONEYS WORTH ALL I AM SAYING ABOUT IT!

Last edited by LION KING on Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
LION KING

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

davisblack wrote:
nagahide13 wrote:

You only need one roster spot open for 5 pick ups to make sure you hit 25 innings and make it legal and you can select the SP so basically you can still cause yourself to lose with bad match ups for SP but it will give it some integrity.

Yet again your doing nothing wrong, since there is no rule against you setting or sitting players.

So feel free to do anything you wish yet I do see and kind of agree throwing games is totally not what any of us want to see.

NEXT TIME STOMP ON HIM GET YOUR MONEYS WORTH ALL I AM SAYING ABOUT IT!
detfan782004

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lions017 wrote:

They can manage how they wanna manage

AAL- Abdullah

Tigers suck. Thanks DD for never getting bull pen
X_Factor_40

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't agree with tanking by sitting a good chunk of a roster, but I'll never vote to put a rule in place to require people to field a roster.

I absolutely HATE leagues that have rules in place against tanking. Who determines what tanking is? I forgot to set a roster one week in a different league for a different sport and I was penalized a draft spot for it because the LM decided I was tanking when I was actually moving into a new house.

We should all set a roster. If you don't want to seriously compete then start whoever you want, but start someone. At least appear to be interested in being here.

I don't want to put a rule in place. But, if we vote on it and the league votes for it to happen, we will have to put an anti-tanking rule in place and start penalizing owners for throwing matchups for draft position.

Just start someone. Literally anyone.
nagahide13

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

X_Factor_40 wrote:
I don't agree with tanking by sitting a good chunk of a roster, but I'll never vote to put a rule in place to require people to field a roster.

I absolutely HATE leagues that have rules in place against tanking. Who determines what tanking is? I forgot to set a roster one week in a different league for a different sport and I was penalized a draft spot for it because the LM decided I was tanking when I was actually moving into a new house.

We should all set a roster. If you don't want to seriously compete then start whoever you want, but start someone. At least appear to be interested in being here.

I don't want to put a rule in place. But, if we vote on it and the league votes for it to happen, we will have to put an anti-tanking rule in place and start penalizing owners for throwing matchups for draft position.

Just start someone. Literally anyone.

I think the next course of action is obvious... We should throw LK out of the league.

Kidding, of course.

I don't know. If everyone else is against anti-tanking rules, I'll go with it.

Out of curiosity, why even start batters though? If I'm tanking like that, I don't see the point in leaving a full lineup of batters in and not meeting the pitching innings limit. I'm playing Daniel Descalso or someone once a week to make sure I lose .avg in addition to everything else.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 81, 82, 83
Page 83 of 83

Jump to: