You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Top WRs Going Into '17
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Comparisons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
golfer1738

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

unfsaint wrote:
People are sleeping on Michael Thomas. He's going to be a superstar. I love Brandin Cooks, but Thomas is just on a different level.

high end #2, but not a solid #1 imo. he may get the bulk stats bc of the offense but i think his numbers will make him look better than he is.
BayRaider

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

unfsaint wrote:
People are sleeping on Michael Thomas. He's going to be a superstar. I love Brandin Cooks, but Thomas is just on a different level.

I love Michael Thomas, my favorite WR prospect going into the draft last year. But how is not putting him in the Top 10 sleeping on him?
unfsaint

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

golfer1738 wrote:
unfsaint wrote:

high end #2, but not a solid #1 imo. he may get the bulk stats bc of the offense but i think his numbers will make him look better than he is.

I think people automatically correlate Thomas's success with the New Orleans offense. Certainly, having a great QB helps...but Thomas is an elite NFL WR. I'm not someone who gives praise easily...but Thomas is the most talented Saints WR that I have ever seen. Better than Eric Martin, better than Joe Horn, better than Marques Colston, and quite frankly, Brandin Cooks is not even close. And I base that off of what he did last year as a rookie...this year he added 10 pounds of muscle and looks even better. I think that he will be a consensus top 10 WR by the end of the year, and will have a very good argument for top 5.

Hau'oli Kikaha- 50 tackles, 4 sacks, 0 INT, 4 FF, 1 FR, 2 PD

Willie Snead- 69 reception, 984 yards, 3 TDs
bzane

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelKing728 wrote:
I'd love for Diggs to be higher on this list, but he has had nagging injury problems and QBs that don't push the ball down the field.

But I do think he's much better than a tier 4 receiver.

Well said!

Surprised how little support thus far for Stefon Diggs there's been in this thread. Over the last couple of years I have read some intense and persuasive arguments for him, one suggesting that he should be considered "elite":

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=580055&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Surely any player who is regarded as "elite" would rate in the Top-10 of his respective position.

Quote:
First player in history with back to back 13 catch games, top 10 of in receiving yards and receptions, I got him cracking 1000 yards and at least 80 catches, my question still stands.

I had scarcely heard of Stefon Diggs before last year, but re-reading these arguments have given me pause and made me wonder if he isn't being underrated after all.
HTTRG3Dynasty

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Antonio Brown
2. Julio Jones
3. AJ Green
4. OBJ
5. Mike Evans
6. Jordy Nelson
7. TY Hilton
8. DeAndre Hopkins
9. Allen Robinson
10. Amari Cooper

Hopkins and Robinson are being penalized too much for their QBs. These guys are easily top 10 WRs with even average QBs.

Dez Bryant and Demaryius Thomas are too inconsistent for me. I still think Dez is a below average route-runner, and DT's hands are extremely suspect.

I think Terrelle Pryor has top 10 potential, and I think we could see it this year, especially if Jordan Reed misses a significant amount of games.

mike23md on the sig
MrBurfict

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Julio Jones
2. Antonio Brown
3a. A.J. Green
3b. Odell Beckham Jr.
5. Mike Evans
6. Jordy Nelson
7. T.Y. Hilton
8. Amari Cooper
9. Brandin Cooks
10. DeAndre Hopkins

HM: Demaryius Thomas, Jarvis Landry, Michael Thomas, Doug Baldwin, Larry Fitzgerald
tannenballs

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Julio Jones
2. Antonio Brown
3. Odell Beckham Jr.
4. AJ Green
5. Mike Evans
6. Michael Thomas
7. Dez Bryant
8. TY Hilton
9. Jordy Nelson
10. De'Andre Hopkins
Crickett

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2017 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, with the old forum about to shut down in a week, I just want to say this before I don't get another chance. There's one receiver I left off my list and thinking about it now, it was a pretty big oversight. He's a receiver with the physical tools and while he didn't have the production one would hope in 2016, he still did pretty well for himself and I expect him to have a much better 2017. Dude's one of the tallest receivers in the league and has shown the ability to separate himself even though he was arguably his team's only viable option in the passing game.

Of course I'm talking about the one, the only...... Terrelle Pryor. Laughing

I expect him to be really good going forward.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Jones
2. Brown
3. Green
4. Beckham
5. Bryant
6. Nelson
7. Hopkins
8. Evans
9. Fitzgerald
10. E. Sanders
HM: K. Allen, Edelman, Baldwin[/url]

jonnguy2015's 2016 GM Mock Draft 1.0-
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=583296

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Comparisons All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: