You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.


 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Nacho Simulation Football League (S14 - Taco Bowl POSTED!)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 75, 76, 77 ... 80, 81, 82  Next
 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Fantasy/Sim/GM Leagues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
El ramster


Joined: 13 May 2008
Posts: 64033
Location: Jared Goffs Bed
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck to those in the post season..

Thanks again Nacho for running another smooth
season.. We can't all thank you enough for the
tremendous work you put in..
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RuskieTitan


Joined: 29 Apr 2007
Posts: 43935
Location: Front lines of Titania
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MookieMonster wrote:
Tyler Eifert [16 GS]: 88 receptions for 1,054 yards (11.98 YPR, 32 LNG), 5 touchdowns, 4 drops, 1 fumble. 16 pancakes.

TDs are circumstantial, so I give him the nod over Gronk. Plus...Catching balls from Jared Goff.


You have got to be trolling me Laughing

TDs are circumstancial my behind... sure if you have a running back who vultures touchdowns that could be the case.

But Jordan Reed had 10 touchdowns. Delanie Walker had 10. Jason Witton had 8. The fact that Gronkowski leads the league amongst all tight ends with 11 touchdowns is a display of his ability to make big plays and score in the redzone.

That fact that he has more than double the touchdowns of Eifert makes it laughable that you want to ignore it. Sure, to some degree you can argue circumstancial, but our offenses had a difference of 8 touchdowns scored.

You are basically claiming 7 catches for 9 yards and 3 pancakes is more important than 6 touchdowns. This isn't factoring the extra 2 drops and fumble by Eifert either. And before you claim "but Goff", keep in mind that Eifert's best game, 12 catches for 152 yards (and no score) came with Goff.

But I know you are just messing around about that, so no worries Wink
_________________

^^El ramster^^
FF Hunger Games I Winner

#JDI
FootballProdiG wrote:
Cant spell choke without OKC
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
iPwn


Global Moderator
Joined: 10 Oct 2009
Posts: 55990
Location: Sweet Home Chicago
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

El ramster wrote:
RuskieTitan wrote:
I have visited the new forum and I feel it is an abomination.



Same It feels like a older version of a modern 2005
Gfxs forum I used to visit.
I mean the old forum was literally last updated visually in 2005. So...
_________________

Live like you're down 3-1
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
waffles7


Joined: 18 Feb 2010
Posts: 4919
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RuskieTitan wrote:
I have visited the new forum and I feel it is an abomination.


I'm with you. Right now I'm not a fan. Idk maybe it's because I do t like new thingss but I didn't/don't see a reason for change.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
khodder


Moderator - MVP
Joined: 19 Dec 2005
Posts: 52070
Location: New New York
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DIVISIONAL PLAYOFFS (Thu, Aug 3)
Bikini Atoll Dungeness Krabs @ Tacoma Thunder

What a game this will be. Faced off twice this season with each team recording by one win a peice. What's more high games were decided by a single.point. Expect this battle to come down to the last possession.

Baltimore Ravens @ Reykjavk Direwolves

Another split season series including a one pointer in week 16. I'm inclined to go with the Wolves here purely on home advantage.

Richmond Flying Squirrels @ Phoenix Rattlers

I expect the Rattlers and their high octane offense to win this one at home. These two faced off week one with the Rattlers taking home a road win and later one in the season another Rattlers win this time at home.

Southview Saints @ Indianapolis Predators

The road team has won both encounters between these two teams this year. It will.be a close call, but I'm leaning Saints.

1 - Not gonna pick
2 - Direwolves
3 - Rattlers
4 - Saints
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
iPwn


Global Moderator
Joined: 10 Oct 2009
Posts: 55990
Location: Sweet Home Chicago
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

waffles7 wrote:
I didn't/don't see a reason for change.
It needs change because its a platform built on a 16 year old engine, with the forum last updated 12 years ago. Its failing to attract members over more feature rich and updated platforms, while also losing current members to those updated platforms as well. This forum was outdated when I joined in 2009, its time to move on.

FF is at a crossroads where it needs to adapt or die. Webby chose the former.
_________________

Live like you're down 3-1
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bucsfan333


Joined: 15 Jun 2007
Posts: 38534
Location: the mitten
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I totally thought the games were today.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
RuskieTitan


Joined: 29 Apr 2007
Posts: 43935
Location: Front lines of Titania
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
waffles7 wrote:
I didn't/don't see a reason for change.
It needs change because its a platform built on a 16 year old engine, with the forum last updated 12 years ago. Its failing to attract members over more feature rich and updated platforms, while also losing current members to those updated platforms as well. This forum was outdated when I joined in 2009, its time to move on.

FF is at a crossroads where it needs to adapt or die. Webby chose the former.


Which I can understand, and I admit so far I've only been on that forum while mobile, don't have access to it yet, but my main issue is the fact that on the main page there is an ad between every 2-3 categories, as well as an ad in the middle of a thread. Like I get we aren't supposed to discuss those, but at least with the old forum it was at the top and bottom, so it was easy to ignore and not be forced to do something about it and let the site generate revenue. But to shove it in the middle of the forum index multiple times as well as within a thread?

Just my two cents.
_________________

^^El ramster^^
FF Hunger Games I Winner

#JDI
FootballProdiG wrote:
Cant spell choke without OKC
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
El ramster


Joined: 13 May 2008
Posts: 64033
Location: Jared Goffs Bed
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
El ramster wrote:
RuskieTitan wrote:
I have visited the new forum and I feel it is an abomination.



Same It feels like a older version of a modern 2005
Gfxs forum I used to visit.
I mean the old forum was literally last updated visually in 2005. So...


I was browinsing forums in 2005 who had same interface
As the new one that's coming aboard.

There were bettering things to do than just make it simpler
because that's all that was done..

It's like a mellow version of Sports digest..

I could cook up a skin and make it nice..
I just can't code for crap.. The new forum hurts my eyes literally
It's super washed out in white..


And the fact that you can't see sigs in Mobil
make it hard to see who you're talking to..

Adds color and a vabrient feel.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Adrenaline_Flux


Moderator
Joined: 19 Dec 2008
Posts: 22895
Location: The Iowa
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

El ramster wrote:
iPwn wrote:
El ramster wrote:
RuskieTitan wrote:
I have visited the new forum and I feel it is an abomination.



Same It feels like a older version of a modern 2005
Gfxs forum I used to visit.
I mean the old forum was literally last updated visually in 2005. So...


I was browinsing forums in 2005 who had same interface
As the new one that's coming aboard.

There were bettering things to do than just make it simpler
because that's all that was done..

It's like a mellow version of Sports digest..

I could cook up a skin and make it nice..
I just can't code for crap.. The new forum hurts my eyes literally
It's super washed out in white..


And the fact that you can't see sigs in Mobil
make it hard to see who you're talking to..

Adds color and a vabrient feel.


Pretty sure off that top of my head that different options for skins is something that will be added later on, or that has at least been discussed.

The new site is a lot better on mobile. On this old platform, it is basically unusable for me.
_________________


Winner of Football's Future Big Brother II
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bucsfan333


Joined: 15 Jun 2007
Posts: 38534
Location: the mitten
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope everything's alright, Nacho.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
TheKillerNacho


Moderator
Joined: 10 Feb 2008
Posts: 15116
Location: Pennsylvania
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who comes out on top in the Division Playoffs, which is, coincidentally, only comprising of divisional matchups?

Bikini Atoll Dungeness Krabs @ Tacoma Thunder: https://youtu.be/9j9AyPzhn4Y
Baltimore Ravens @ Reykjavk Direwolves: https://youtu.be/ZMAs5flBbGA
Richmond Flying Squirrels @ Phoenix Rattlers: https://youtu.be/ZTnbyjgaWVE
Southview Saints @ Indianapolis Predators: https://youtu.be/WpGzBYeUvuc

GameDocs: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B08oiM02qC8KOHJnQXNOSG5zbkk?usp=sharing
_________________
With much cheese,

Nacho Simulation Football League
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
El ramster


Joined: 13 May 2008
Posts: 64033
Location: Jared Goffs Bed
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Khodder ya scrub outta here.. Ruskie finna get spanked..
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ravens5520


Joined: 20 Dec 2007
Posts: 9242
Location: New York
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow... big issue with the end of that game. Granted we look like the Falcons blowing a 17-0 lead at half time

Quote:
Q4, 1:20, 3 & 6 on the BAL 43: David Johnson rushes and is tackled in the backfield for a loss of 1 yard. Fumble on the play, forced by Xavier Rhodes, recovered by Xavier Rhodes.

Possession now belongs to the Baltimore Ravens
Current score is Baltimore Ravens 20, Reykjavk Direwolves 27.

Q4, 0:25, 1 & 10 on the BAL 44: Marshawn Lynch rushes up the middle and stuffed for no gain. Tackle made by Sharrif Floyd.
Q4, 0:01, 2 & 10 on the BAL 44: Melvin Gordon rushes up the middle for a gain of 6 yards. Tackle made by Vontaze Burfict.
End of game.


From that fumble to us getting possession, where does 40 seconds go?! If he was stuffed, that's a quick play. Especially with no return on the fumble recovery.

Then the sim decides to run plays with playoffs on the line.... my rush setting was only 51%, but the game is on the line. No chance that should have been our final play calls
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ravens5520


Joined: 20 Dec 2007
Posts: 9242
Location: New York
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tough way to go out, but it was another fun season! Glad to finally found some pieces to keep us moving forward in contention.

Big thanks to nacho and the continued effort you put into this league

Good luck to Direwolves and representing our division
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Fantasy/Sim/GM Leagues All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 75, 76, 77 ... 80, 81, 82  Next
Page 76 of 82

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group