You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Packers OTA/Mini-Camp/Training Camp News and Notes
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MNPackfan32

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gizmo2012 wrote:
CentralFC wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
Just keeping up on Twitter, sure seemed like the corners got roasted by the WR's today. Didn't hear much about King, Jones was running some with the 1st team at ILB.

great, there goes our Superb Owl odds right out the flippin' window. would be nice if Tempson wasn't sitting on his hands, but actively trying to improve our roster. same garbage group of corners as last year. wasting Rodgers' prime, flushing it right down the crapper!

I hope your comments were tongue-in-cheek because, if not, they were pretty dumb. Don't forget they lost their 1 shutdown corner forever and they lost the other starting CB for weeks, plus they lost the slot DB for a few weeks. Even with that, the team got to the NFC Championship game. I am really looking forward to what should be an improved defensive backfield to go along with an improved running game. Are you ready!
Central's were and I should've put a side note in my post, it's the first day of training camp. We are a long damn way from the Seahawks game. I'm just kind of conveying what I read. If anything is to be read into, it's probably that all the CB jobs are probably up for grabs.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deltarich87 wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
Just keeping up on Twitter, sure seemed like the corners got roasted by the WR's today. Didn't hear much about King, Jones was running some with the 1st team at ILB.

They had him, oddly enough, playing scout team WR today. Still taking it slow with him since he missed all the spring workouts/OTAs due to school.

Next Primetime
CentralFC

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MNPackfan32 wrote:
gizmo2012 wrote:
CentralFC wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:

great, there goes our Superb Owl odds right out the flippin' window. would be nice if Tempson wasn't sitting on his hands, but actively trying to improve our roster. same garbage group of corners as last year. wasting Rodgers' prime, flushing it right down the crapper!

I hope your comments were tongue-in-cheek because, if not, they were pretty dumb. Don't forget they lost their 1 shutdown corner forever and they lost the other starting CB for weeks, plus they lost the slot DB for a few weeks. Even with that, the team got to the NFC Championship game. I am really looking forward to what should be an improved defensive backfield to go along with an improved running game. Are you ready!
Central's were and I should've put a side note in my post, it's the first day of training camp. We are a long damn way from the Seahawks game. I'm just kind of conveying what I read. If anything is to be read into, it's probably that all the CB jobs are probably up for grabs.

And that our offense is back in form and picking up from where it left off.

Seriously, give us 2015's defense and we're in Minneapolis in February.

How can he dig a hole if he's too busy sitting on his hands?
MNPackfan32

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CentralFC wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
gizmo2012 wrote:
CentralFC wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:

Agreed. 2015 defense with this offense goes all the way. Really excited to see Clark and Lowry. I want to see them take pressure off Daniels so he can put more on opposing QB's.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"In the early portion of the offense versus defense, Clay Matthews appeared to line up inside, with Nick Perry on the outside and Kenny Clark, Mike Daniels and Dean Lowry on the line. After Matthews, Kyler Fackrell took a few snaps in the same spot and even covered in space."

As GB puts more and more DB-types on the field, some at ILB -
I wondered if they'd use more 3 DL sets to counter the general lightness on the back end. Just a thought
packfanfb

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MNPackfan32 wrote:
gizmo2012 wrote:
CentralFC wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:

I will say this, I was there and when I saw Gunter line up with the 1's I immediately cringed. A guy that should be fighting just make the team as a 5-6 corner is the best we have on the outside alongside House for now. Better hope King is ready to play ball Week 1.
packfanfb

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CentralFC wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
gizmo2012 wrote:
CentralFC wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:

2015 defense had Shields and Hayward who would be No. 1 and No. 2 at corner right now on this team followed by House at 3, then.......... Randall/Rollins/Gunter. Give me the 2015 defense too but the 2015 defense is gone, especially at corner.
packfanfb

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MNPackfan32 wrote:

Really only 2 such plays stick out from watching practice:

1. Gunter got beat by Adams on deep pass, he stayed with him but made poor play on the ball and fell down.

2. Davis burned Randall on deep pass and Randall interfered with him to prevent the long reception.

King didn't do much but showed off his height and ability to go up and defend the ball on a few plays in the team drills. Jones played all over but didn't see him stand out good or bad. Kid is big though.

As an aside, Brice easily has the worst hands in the secondary. Remember the dropped pick vs. Dallas? Not a fluke, guy has stone hands, he did a lot of push ups today...good thing he hits like a truck.
Pugger

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

packfanfb wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:

1. Gunter got beat by Adams on deep pass, he stayed with him but made poor play on the ball and fell down.

2. Davis burned Randall on deep pass and Randall interfered with him to prevent the long reception.

King didn't do much but showed off his height and ability to go up and defend the ball on a few plays in the team drills. Jones played all over but didn't see him stand out good or bad. Kid is big though.

As an aside, Brice easily has the worst hands in the secondary. Remember the dropped pick vs. Dallas? Not a fluke, guy has stone hands, he did a lot of push ups today...good thing he hits like a truck.

I have nothing against Gunter personally but I hope he isn't starting week 1.

Can any of our DBs run with Davis?
CentralFC

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

packfanfb wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:

wild to me that someone can be so physically imposing yet not have steady hands. working the jugs machine during the offseason has to be the easiest damn training tool in the NFL.

How can he dig a hole if he's too busy sitting on his hands?
chillparsi1

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best of Twitter hits. Prob won't have time to do this regularly but at least for today.

Quote:
Coach Mike McCarthy says LB Vince Biegel (foot) and CB Demetri Goodson (knee) are the only two #Packers who will start on PUP.

Quote:
Biegel will be out a couple of weeks. He had foot surgery in May. Sounds like he'll have maybe 3 weeks to get ready for season.

Quote:
Davon House and LaDarius Gunter the starters at CB, Randall is the nickel. Jake Ryan and Joe Thomas at ILB.

Starting DL is Daniels, Clark, Lowry.

Quote:
#Packers D first no-huddle snap:
DL: Daniels, Clark, Lowry
LBs: Matthews, Burnett, Thomas, Perry
CBs: House, Gunter
S: Clinton-Dix, Brice

Quote:
No surprise, but Jahri Evans is starting RG.

#Packers first O line: Bakhtiari, Taylor, Linsley, Evans, Bulaga.

second O line: Spriggs, McCray, Barclay, Patrick, Murphy.

Rookie Kofi Amichia taking snaps at center on third OL.

Quote:
Rookie RB Aaron Jones coughs up the ball in team drill.

Quote:
Aaron Rodgers gives Martellus Bennett first 50-50 ball in tight coverage from Morgan Burnett. Didn't catch it, but no INT. Call it a wash.

Quote:
CB Damarious Randall beat deep v Trevor Davis, perfect pass from Joe Callahan forces Randall to tackle Davis early. That's a PI.

Quote:
Rodgers overthrows wide open Geronimo Allison, who had gotten way behind Gunter

Quote:
rook Josh Jones playing nickel LB, pushing Morgan Burnett to safety. Wonder if we'll see more of that than Burnett at LB.

Quote:
punt returners: Randall Cobb, Trevor Davis, Quinten Rollins, Montay Crockett.

Quote:
P Justin Vogel showing why he's the only punter in camp. Boomed four of five punts with hang time well past 4.0. Averaged 44.2 yards.

Quote:
Aaron Rodgers with a beauty to lead Davante Adams down the sideline for a would-be touchdown

Quote:
CB LaDarius Gunter beat deep again. Adams stays balanced and fights for Rodgers' pass. Gunter failed to make a play on the ball.

Quote:
Ty Montgomery fumbles a toss play during team reps. Running backs have had a tough time hanging onto the ball today.

Quote:
Walk into #Packers locker room, and Davon House and Davante Adams are sharing tips on press jams. Another sign of House being a leader.

Quote:
TE Martellus Bennett is giving his first camp interview wearing a cheesehead, and Mike Daniels is asking questions. So that's fun.

Stone65 with the sig!
packfanfb

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Day 4 of camp in the books and it appears Randall has been relegated to the 4/5 CB spot with Gunter, at least for now. Rollins has been the No. 3 for the last few days and has had a good camp so far. Really pulling for Randall, but idk, saw him get toasted over the middle by 4.7 Geronimo last week.

Speaking of which, IMO, Geronimo is CLEARLY the No. 4 WR so far, he has looked very solid and well ahead of Davis, Janis and the rooks.
blankman0021

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really surprised nobody has posted it yet, but heard on the news yesterday that King was not an active participant during Tuesday's practice with a shoulder injury. Not expected to be major, but you'd like to see him a full-participant.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/20218966/kevin-king-joins-list-injured-green-bay-packers-rookies
squire12

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blankman0021 wrote:
Really surprised nobody has posted it yet, but heard on the news yesterday that King was not an active participant during Tuesday's practice with a shoulder injury. Not expected to be major, but you'd like to see him a full-participant.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/20218966/kevin-king-joins-list-injured-green-bay-packers-rookies

Most have migrated over to the new site. Lot less posting happening here vs there.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16
Page 16 of 16

Jump to: