You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Training Camp Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SweetFancyMoses

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WizardHawk wrote:
TVScout wrote:
WizardHawk wrote:
Dallas signed QB Luke McCown. Good signing. Not sure he beats anyone out for a roster spot but he compotent and good competition regardless.

Good signing? He hasn't thrown a TD pass in nearly a decade and has more ints (15) than TDs (9).

hmmm...am i thinking of the wrong McCown?

Josh. Not that he's amazing, but light years ahead of Luke.
JShank

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So far it looks like these guys are making big splashes in camp:

Byron Jones - He has been everywhere on the field, using his insanely springy legs he is not only swatting down passes but actually hanging on to a few as well. One play I saw where he drove on an out route to Witten shows that he is diagnosing plays pretty well. I think him being thrust into a "veteran" leader role in the secondary is making him better.

Chidobe Awuzie - Coming down with the ball on multiple occasions and playing multiple positions are never expectations for a rookie. So, the fact he is doing these things means he is exceeding expectations.

D McFadden - From what I'm hearing he is still incredibly fast. I think he is really embracing his back-up role, and understands the value he can bring as a sparkplug. . . run fast, run hard.

Stephen Paea - The expectations for me were really low, somehow he seems like a hidden gem, with his size and ability to come off the snap with quickness, he might take Thorton's job in this single gap defense.

Tyrone Crawford - Another year wowing in practice, hope he can stay consistent and be the guy we paid for this year. His versatility is truly valuable, more so with the suspensions we must deal with.
Tony7188

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WizardHawk wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
WizardHawk wrote:
Dallas signed QB Luke McCown. Good signing. Not sure he beats anyone out for a roster spot but he compotent and good competition regardless.

Kaepernick must be furious based on the way he's being blackballed. Granted, he wasn't very good to begin with, but I'm positive that he'd be on a roster already had he not pulled his ridiculous stunt last season.

Yeah, that little stunt he pulled is coming back to bite him in the arse.

I think you and Plan need to look up the meaning of ridiculous again.

NoFlyZone wrote:
Byron Jones is terrible. I'm sorry.
Calvert28

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tony7188 wrote:
WizardHawk wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
WizardHawk wrote:

Kaepernick must be furious based on the way he's being blackballed. Granted, he wasn't very good to begin with, but I'm positive that he'd be on a roster already had he not pulled his ridiculous stunt last season.

Yeah, that little stunt he pulled is coming back to bite him in the arse.

I think you and Plan need to look up the meaning of ridiculous again.

Yea ridiculous isn't the right word. I would actually the words dumb and self serving.
Moz, bad teams pick in the top 5.That's the way the draft works.
Nextyearfordaboyz

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SweetFancyMoses wrote:
WizardHawk wrote:
TVScout wrote:
WizardHawk wrote:

Good signing? He hasn't thrown a TD pass in nearly a decade and has more ints (15) than TDs (9).

Josh resume was no better when the Bears brought him in in 2013. So who knows, if Luke gets his shot, maybe he'll be able to play like his big bro.

But anyway, just like Kellen Moore, it's not about signing the best player to start in case Dak goes down. It's about surrounding Dak with others who can help him with the mental aspects of being a pro.
SweetFancyMoses

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nextyearfordaboyz wrote:
SweetFancyMoses wrote:
WizardHawk wrote:
TVScout wrote:
WizardHawk wrote:

Josh resume was no better when the Bears brought him in in 2013. So who knows, if Luke gets his shot, maybe he'll be able to play like his big bro.

But anyway, just like Kellen Moore, it's not about signing the best player to start in case Dak goes down. It's about surrounding Dak with others who can help him with the mental aspects of being a pro.

You're acting like Luke just got out of his rookie contract. The guy is 36 and done nothing in the NFL. At least Josh played. Maybe he's a beast on the grill, and has a rub for his ribs that no one can duplicate.
Nextyearfordaboyz

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SweetFancyMoses wrote:
Nextyearfordaboyz wrote:
SweetFancyMoses wrote:
WizardHawk wrote:
TVScout wrote:
WizardHawk wrote:

You're acting like Luke just got out of his rookie contract. The guy is 36 and done nothing in the NFL. At least Josh played. Maybe he's a beast on the grill, and has a rub for his ribs that no one can duplicate.

Lol, I'm not acting like anything. Josh didn't do anything in the league until he was 34.

But anyway, I expect that Luke will never throw another pass in the NFL. Just think we have no idea if Josh is "lightyears ahead" of Luke of not.

Either way, I think the purpose of bringing either of them in is because they've been around a long time and could be good mentors for Dak.
TD-ES-JJ

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nextyearfordaboyz wrote:
SweetFancyMoses wrote:
WizardHawk wrote:
TVScout wrote:
WizardHawk wrote:

Josh = Suck, Luke = Suck minus.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: