You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Texans QB battle
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who Starts Week 1?
Tom Savage
40%
 40%  [ 6 ]
Deshaun Watson
60%
 60%  [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 15

tab

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It feels like they're really obviously trying to Tony Romo this by waiting till Savage gets injured and Watson can go in drama free
Apollo Stallion

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tab wrote:
It feels like they're really obviously trying to Tony Romo this by waiting till Savage gets injured and Watson can go in drama free

Except the part where we'd be watching $14 million + draft picks go down with a flag football hit vs. a $750k 4th rounder with an expiring contract. I still don't buy the "Romo as savior" storyline, although I'm sure it will come up any week the Texans QBs don't put the team on their back. Of course, the storyline conveniently leaves out Romo delivering 2 playoff victories in 13 years and that Matt Schaub has more playing time than Romo the past two seasons. As desperate as most Texans fans are for decent QB play, I am sure I am not alone in the fear that even if Romo stayed healthy enough for a playoff run, it would have been a Pyrrhic victory at best as winning with a Cowboy Ring of Honor guy would just reinforce the Texans role as little brother. In this era of post game jersey swapping, I still prefer hating your enemy and the Cowboys should remain the mortal enemy of Texan fans.

My greatest sports experience ever was the Rockets two championship runs. BEATING Charles Barkley's Suns was a defining moment in Houston Sports History (going from Choke City to Clutch City). It felt like we sold our souls in trading Horry & Cassell to the Suns for him and along with the atrocious new uniforms, it just didn't feel like our team anymore and losing to Stockton & Malone two seasons in a row made it even worse. Hell if we could have added Stockton or Malone instead of Barkley, I still wouldn't have wanted em. If and when the Texans ever win a Super Bowl, I want it to be OURS and along with it all the feelings of beating down media darlings like Ewing's Knicks and Shaq's Magic. It will be exercising the demons of Earl Campbell, Renfo's catch, and Frank Reich Bills along with Rosencopter, Schaubs pick 6's, and 30-0 Chiefs. I do NOT want to share one ounce of it with the Cowboys, Jerry, and their pompous America's team crap.

Recovering Texans Season Ticket Holder
Pastor Dillon

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2017 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everything you read seems to point to Savage taking a firm grasp on the starting job. I'll be shocked if he's not the week 1 starter

^S/o to El Ramster for the amazing sig
EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=589149

I don't know about no QB of the future, but I do know about the forum of the future...

vike daddy wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
I wanna be a mod.

vastly over rated.
Pastor Dillon

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's to hoping that Savage breaks a leg in training camp so BOB doesnt start him out of spite

texans_uk

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pastor Dillon wrote:
Here's to hoping that Savage breaks a leg in training camp so BOB doesnt start him out of spite

Dang. That's not a very Pastor thing to say.

amazingandre

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pastor Dillon wrote:

That escalated quickly lol
Pastor Dillon

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

texans_uk wrote:
Pastor Dillon wrote:

Dang. That's not a very Pastor thing to say.

And here's to a miraculous healing after Watson has the greatest week 1 performance in history

Pastor Dillon

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think there is a chance that Savage turns out to be a really good QB, and honestly thats all that we should care about, but its not. I want to see Watson become a great QB, not Savage.

hopefully he is ready to go in 2 weeks when he gets a solid 2 quarters of action against the Panthers. If he can impress and Savage can have his same issues, then maybe Watson will get a chance to start.

Just from reading interviews, it seems like BOB is insistent on starting Savage for some unknown reason. I mean we gave up an entire draft next year to get rid of Brock and bring in Watson. Watson is not a guy that is going to be mentally ruined by starting his rookie season and i cant imagine hes going to be much worse than Savage.

The o-line might have some issues this season, which is why Watsons ability to run will be valuable.

EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EliteTexan80 wrote:
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=589149

I don't know about no QB of the future, but I do know about the forum of the future...

vike daddy wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
I wanna be a mod.

vastly over rated.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: