You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Orr
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
badgers0821

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vegas492 wrote:
NormSizedMidget wrote:
badgers0821 wrote:
vegas492 wrote:
Given that he has a bad neck and GB historically shys away from those guys, I'd say it isn't going to happen.
Add to it Ryan, Martinez, Thomas and Jones and there really isn't room for him.

He is worlds better than all those guys you named.

Probably so. Let's see what happens. He was being checked out by IND today I believe.

As you know, GB is cautious when it comes to neck injuries.
Given that he does have a neck condition, he is not better than anyone on our roster right now.
If it turns out that he doesn't have a neck condition, then he is better than most listed, although I think Jones has the potential to be better.
I'd rather roll with the guys we have than take a flier on a kid with a neck condition. Heck, we don't know what Martinez is yet, if he gets a second year bump like Ryan did, that kid could be quite good too.

But I get it, Orr is the shiny new object out there. Fans want their "precious".

Don't be bias just because you are a Packer fan. Let's not kid ourselves, none of our starting ILBs would be starting anywhere else. We all know TT doesn't give two [inappropriate/removed] about ILB, which is why ours are so bad.

I only brought up Orr because if he is cleared to play and healthy, he would at least be worth a look.
AlexGreen#20

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

badgers0821 wrote:
vegas492 wrote:
NormSizedMidget wrote:
badgers0821 wrote:
vegas492 wrote:
Given that he has a bad neck and GB historically shys away from those guys, I'd say it isn't going to happen.

Probably so. Let's see what happens. He was being checked out by IND today I believe.

Given that he does have a neck condition, he is not better than anyone on our roster right now.
If it turns out that he doesn't have a neck condition, then he is better than most listed, although I think Jones has the potential to be better.
I'd rather roll with the guys we have than take a flier on a kid with a neck condition. Heck, we don't know what Martinez is yet, if he gets a second year bump like Ryan did, that kid could be quite good too.

But I get it, Orr is the shiny new object out there. Fans want their "precious".

Don't be bias just because you are a Packer fan. Let's not kid ourselves, none of our starting ILBs would be starting anywhere else. We all know TT doesn't give two [inappropriate/removed] about ILB, which is why ours are so bad.

I only brought up Orr because if he is cleared to play and healthy, he would at least be worth a look.

You seem like a man who believes in PFF. They have Jake Ryan ranked as the 39th off ball LB. He's the definition of average. According to PFF he was the third most improved sophomore.

Blake Martinez and Joe Thomas are both underwhelming players to this point, but you expect that out of Martinez and Thomas is a JAG.

We live in a world where: Nick Kwiatkowski is currently #1 on the Bears Depth Chart.
CWood21

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2017 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

badgers0821 wrote:

Or the fact that the Packers are starting a 2nd and 3rd year player at ILB, and aren't ready to give up on them?

PackFan4Life wrote:
I have been pooping like a unicorn for two days and it is freaky.

bkobow05 wrote:
So this is what DCR feels like on Saturdays...
vegas492

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

badgers0821 wrote:
vegas492 wrote:
NormSizedMidget wrote:
badgers0821 wrote:
vegas492 wrote:

Key word..."if".
Here are a few other "ifs". If we play more hybrid guys at ILB, then we have no need. Speaking of Burnett and Jones.
If Ryan gets better, there is no need.
If Martinez gets better, there is no need.

Ifs are fun.

If I look at all of them in that space above, the biggest if there surrounds Orr..."if he is cleared to play".
From my perspective, and I don't know if Brett would say this [publicly] -- I know he's shared with me -- we would not be nearly as appreciative of everything that the Packers are had we not seen it from the other side," ---Ryan Longwell 2016

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: