You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Tamba Hali wants to play more

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mayanfootball

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:17 pm    Post subject: Tamba Hali wants to play more Reply with quote

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/20133319/tamba-hali-asks-wanted-kansas-chiefs-anymore
Sooooooo, is Tamba right to be upset? Has anyone sat down with him and explained what the Chiefs want from him? Should he take the field or be content with being a teacher and locker room general?
onejayhawk

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Typical aging-veteran stuff. Unlike Derrick Johnson, there is someone good enough to take his job.

J

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm wondering what the Chiefs are going to do about this. I don't think they can let this go unchecked. Will be a real first challenge for Veach.

Arrowheadpride has an interesting collection of Tamba's tweets - especially responses to questions/remarks by fans.

Some key quotes:

Quote:

@RichieIsBack
@TambaHali91 airing all this [inappropriate/removed] in public doesn't accomplish anything tho

@TambaHali91
Yes it does. You now know why I'm not playing so you can stop saying to me on my timeline stick to football

I didn't see any claim he made why he didn't play more. He re-iterated the fact that he only played 7 snaps in the playoff loss against PIT though and that he wants to play more.

Quote:
@bnsfmatt
"Team players" don't trash their "team" on Twitter...you know you're getting cut, talking trash on the way out.

@TambaHali91
Offcourse I'm not talking about my team I'm talking about the lies and lack of playing.

I don't know who he is addressing here with the "lies", but it doesn't make any sense if this does not refer to somebody on the staff. Thus he actually IS talking about the team.

Quote:
@chadders1995
I would try to sit down with the coaches and explain what he is feeling and what he wants.

@TambaHali91
Did that

Ok, so he did and obviously didn't like the responses he got. Now he's going public. Not sure that's the right way to do it.

Quote:
@PaulB915
Don't you think that the staff will put the best players out there for the situation?

@TambaHali91
No

And this one is a direct attack on Andy Reid and his coaching staff.

If the Chiefs want to read it that way this could be considered as "conduct detrimental to the team". If they do, an internal suspension is coming which Tamba will challenge and, in case it stands, may respond to by holding out. Both would cut into Hali's pay - because guarantees are not guaranteed against suspensions.

As I said: I have a hard time to believe the Chiefs can/will leave that rant unchecked.

Casa Estrellita - my retirement home
valkrei

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You gotta make a decision. Keep or release him. If you disagree he has more in the tank left then let him go.

Props to Loto Tailback for the SIG!
KC_Guy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

valkrei wrote:
You gotta make a decision. Keep or release him. If you disagree he has more in the tank left then let him go.

And pay him 6 M$ nevertheless. Wouldn't hurt him at all, may be that's what he's shooting for.

valkrei

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KC_Guy wrote:
valkrei wrote:

And pay him 6 M$ nevertheless. Wouldn't hurt him at all, may be that's what he's shooting for.

Maybe... What do we save if we cut him?

Also those numbers could be negotiated or we could trade him.

Props to Loto Tailback for the SIG!
KC_Guy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

valkrei wrote:
KC_Guy wrote:
valkrei wrote:

Maybe... What do we save if we cut him?

Also those numbers could be negotiated or we could trade him.

If he's cut: add 333 k$ to the cap - yes, more dead money than savings.
And noone in his right mind will trade for him under that contract.

Chiefer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tambas not going anywhere. Mainly because his contract makes it impossible.

He's been a staple of this team for years, he just wants to bring home a Super Bowl. He's frustrated as are plenty of people at both his playing time and how the offseason has gone overall.

Berry, Houston, Peters not showing up for OTAs.

Dorseys dismissal, etc.

Tamba never says anything like this so its gonna be interesting how this develops in the locker room. The guy just wants to win and play some football, I just can't see any other ulterior motives from him. He could've just signed with the Patriots in free agency years ago, but he'd rather stay here to win.
mayanfootball

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/20148590/social-media-not-best-place-tamba-hali-complaints
HC Reid and owner Hunt are not happy with Hali's tweets.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: