You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

NYG Training Camp 2017

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants
View previous topic :: View next topic  

NYG record this year
16-0
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
15-1
100%
 100%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 2

Gmen

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 1:46 pm    Post subject: NYG Training Camp 2017 Reply with quote

It's less than a week away.

Who are you excited to see this year?
Which training camp battles will be most interesting?
Who is your sleeper?

Get pumped!

scar988 wrote:
I'm of the belief the best QB in NY right now (July 2017) is Geno Smith.

SMH
GMENNATION

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would call this year's training camp more stressful than exciting. All signs point to us make a run this year. There are less position battles / roster spots up for grabs than recent years and less unknowns. It's all about getting through the next 6 weeks HEALTHY.

With that being said, I am most excited to see Eli Apple and Darian Thompson. Loved what Andrew Adams brought to the table last year but I will love him more as our #3 safety, not the starter. I am praying all of the DT hype since last year's draft day comes to fruition. That and Eli Apple taking the next step will be the key to this defense staying at a high level / improving even more.

WR is probably the most interesting training camp battle. There are a lot of ways it can go, a lot of layers to the competition. You have the incumbents, including a recently arrested Roger Lewis who was already on the roster bubble. Those charges have since been reduced and settled but is the damage already done? You have an easy-to-route-for undrafted free agent who is a long shot. You have Dwayne Harris who, on receiving skills alone, probably doesn't deserve a spot but he holds a lot of value as a ST ace. Can any challengers show enough value on ST or at WR to justify releasing him? I think it's definitely possible. He's already losing his grasp on return duties. If that trend continues, he is a very expensive gunner... Brandon Marshall and OBJ will see very limited action in the preseason so there is going to be a lot of reps to figure this out. It should get interesting.

Sleeper: Does Geno Smith count? Most beat writers are giving the edge to Josh Johnson as the incumbent. It seems like a lifetime ago that Geno last showed true promise but it was there. To me, Josh Johnson has zero value to this team. They're screwed either way if he has to spend any time behind center. Geno still has some upside and at 5 years younger, has significantly more starting experience than Johnson. I believe Geno's lack of perceived value has more to do with the Jets dumpster fire than his talent. I want him and Eli Manning teaching Davis Webb.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm curious to see if the Giants are going to keep three QBs this year. If they do keep three, I agree that Geno Smith should get the nod over Josh Johnson.

I'd love to hear some good things about BJ Goodson. Keenan Robinson is solid, but if we can find a guy that can make some plays in that linebacking corp, this defense can be top 5 in the league.

And like I am every year, I'm excited to see our first round pick this year. Our last five first round picks have come in and started right away. I expect no different from Engram.

scar988 wrote:
I'm of the belief the best QB in NY right now (July 2017) is Geno Smith.

SMH
Acgott

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why don't we sign up for the beta and take it to the New forum

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Giants All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: