You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Top 10 RBs Going Into '17
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Comparisons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
brseahawks

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How do you guys feel about Eddie Lacy and Thomas Rawls? They both have been pretty good runners when healthy.
kyle21121

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

brseahawks wrote:
How do you guys feel about Eddie Lacy and Thomas Rawls? They both have been pretty good runners when healthy.

I personally love Rawls. I think if he can stay healthy get back to the way he was playing 2 years ago and get the touches and have a top 10-12 RB type of season.

Lacy I'm more unsure of while somewhat optimistic about Rawls regaining form Lacy remains a mystery to me. I'm gonna need to see him stay in reasonable shape before I believe he can. I have a feeling his role will be diminished by seasons end.
///mcompact

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

brseahawks wrote:

Mixed bag.

If both were completely healthy/non krispy-kreme all year long? Rawls>Lacy.

In addition to them, they also have Collins and Prosise (my 2016 pet cat RB). The Seattle backfield is going to be a mishmash of RBs this year with wildly different skill sets. I think the days of using a bell-cow like Lynch are gone in SEA (unless Lacy turns a complete 180). The RB by committee should be fun to watch.
Billy1986

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lacy I think will be featuring on a few more of these lists next year *IF* he can stay healthy. He's a great fit for Seattle's system and 2015 was really his only poor year in my opinion - last season he was picking up over 5 per carry before getting injured.

It's a long shot, but if he has very long odds (like 80/1) to be top rusher this year I'll be throwing a fiver on it, could see the Seahawks utilising him similarly to Beastmode.
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jakuvious wrote:
Yeah, it's completely baffling that people are leaving him out of top 10. He should be top 5 in most lists. People are comfortable including rookies, Lynch, and Peterson, but apparently McCoy might slow down so he's omitted.

Anyway, mine:

1. Le'Veon Bell
2. David Johnson
3. Ezekiel Elliott
4. LeSean McCoy
5. Demarco Murray
6. Jay Ajayi
7. Devonta Freeman
8. Jordan Howard
9. Mark Ingram
10. Melvin Gordon

HM: Carlos Hyde, Todd Gurley, Isaiah Crowell, Spencer Ware, Lamar Miller

Once it gets to #9 or so, I think a lot of guys are close. From 9 to my HMs I think it's a matter of opinion and expectation. I think Ingram and Crowell get undersold due to their inconsistent workloads, but both performed well when their teams decided to and had the luxury of handing them the ball consistently. Ware and Gordon get elevated a bit by their receiving contributions, despite lackluster efficiency in the run game. I don't really know what to think of Gurley, so for now...he's there. Next year he could be top 5 or barely top 30. Hard to tell.

But, IMO, no rookies should be on this list right now. Peterson and Lynch are basically question marks as well. I might be okay with them on lists if they actually played well the last time they saw time, but neither were performing like top 10 backs in their last bits of playing time. Same with Charles, if anyone felt like adding him. I really don't see the justification to include any of them.
Best list I have seen so far. I agree with you on Lynch, Peterson, and the rookies. Mine would look similar

Tier 1
1. Le'Veon Bell
2. David Johnson
3. Ezekiel Elliott

Tier 2
4. LeSean McCoy
5. Devonta Freeman
6. Demarco Murray

Tier 3
7. Jordan Howard
8. Jay Ajayi
9. Melvin Gordon
10. Todd Gurley
11. Mark Ingram
12. Lamar Miller

I think Ingram and Miller are part of that third tier, I just personally prefer the other 4 over them.

HHM: Hyde, Crowell, Rawls, Lacy, and Ware
Crowell and Ware are all solid backs who are unspectacular. Lacy, Hyde, and Rawls are too injured to be ranked higher.

#1 ET Supporter
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billy1986 wrote:
Lacy I think will be featuring on a few more of these lists next year *IF* he can stay healthy. He's a great fit for Seattle's system and 2015 was really his only poor year in my opinion - last season he was picking up over 5 per carry before getting injured.

It's a long shot, but if he has very long odds (like 80/1) to be top rusher this year I'll be throwing a fiver on it, could see the Seahawks utilising him similarly to Beastmode.
Rawls has a better skillset imo if he is healthy. Both would be top 10 backs imo if at their potential, but health counts for a LOT at RB as we all know. Prosise seems like he may have health problems as well unfortunately

#1 ET Supporter
Darkness

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
Billy1986 wrote:

Rawls has a better skillset imo if he is healthy. Both would be top 10 backs imo if at their potential, but health counts for a LOT at RB as we all know. Prosise seems like he may have health problems as well unfortunately

Eddie Lacy is nowhere close to a top 10 RB. Don't care how healthy he is.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Comparisons All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: