You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Aaron Rodgers Appreciation Thread v3.0
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 36, 37, 38

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shanedorf

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rodgers is working his way up the ALL-TIME Rushing TD list in GB

Aaron currently has 25 rushing TDs in his career and sits at # 14 all- time in Packer history

Eddie Lacy finished his Packer career with 23 rushing TDs
Edgar Bennett had 19 rushing TDs in his Packer career

With 4 more rushing TD's in 2017, Rodgers will move into the top 10 and be tied with John Brockington and just ahead of Dorsey Levens and Ryan Grant

Sort by Rushing TD's

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/gnb/career-rushing.htm
CentralFC

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Verne Lewellen would have pissed off a LOT of fantasy owners.

84 percent touchdown rate, and fourth all-time in Packers history. Not bad Laughing

How can he dig a hole if he's too busy sitting on his hands?
DavidatMIZZOU

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hadn't seen it posted here, so here are all of Rodgers' 40+ yard TDs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4z0SJvKtFg

(some Tom Crabtree highlights too Cool )

mistakebytehlak wrote:

My god it must be so terrible to have three teams that consistently make the playoffs

Shanedorf

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://packerswire.usatoday.com/2017/07/19/mike-holmgren-is-still-in-awe-of-aaron-rodgers-playoff-masterpiece-in-atlanta/

“I will say this forever. The playoff game against Atlanta a few years ago, that was maybe the best quarterback performance I have seen by anybody ever,” Holmgren said, according to Mike Sando. “He dropped back, he ran, he threw on the run, he threw accurately, he got first downs.”

you can catch the full 3 hours of that game on youtube
CentralFC

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya I've been saying that since that game. Probably won't ever change my mind. Simply virtuoso.

How can he dig a hole if he's too busy sitting on his hands?
jontat83

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would agree, greatest QB performance I have ever seen.
EdMathews

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't been around so I don't know if this has been covered, but came across this tweet that has gone viral. It's an incredible stat, the differential between Rodgers and all other QB's in history.

Elisha Twerski‏
@ETwPhoneHome
Following

Aaron Rodgers needs 3 TDs to become the 11th player to throw 300 TDs. The other 10 averaged 171 INTs before their 300th TD.

Rodgers has 72.

Jason Wilde followed up with this article citing that tweet:

http://host.madison.com/wsj/sports/football/professional/packers-aaron-rodgers-is-best-qb-ever-in-key-stat/article_281252a4-aaaa-5017-82cb-1c3a4b2350c1.html

It's a mind boggling stat. I firmly believe there has never been a QB of Rodger's talent; arm, legs and brains. And leadership. He willed the "Run the table" of last year, and as much luck as there is in Hail Mary, those throws, especially against Detroit, were other worldly.

It's a given, greater even than climate change, that Brady is the GOAT. There's no doubt, right? All the scientists (read sport pundits) have ruled and their main proof is that Brady has five rings to Rodgers one. Brady is great. His coolness and intensity and precision are undeniable. To save my life, I'm not a hundred percent sure I'd take anyone over him, but I'm pretty sure I'd go Rodgers.

I've maintained to the enmity of many on this board, that the single biggest reason Rodgers has only one ring is Dom Capers. Many excuse Capers saying that TT hasn't drafted D well enough or filled holes in FA, but Capers has to bear some responsibility. We've all seen with our own eyes that oftentimes it's the scheme he puts his players in that make it almost impossible for them to defend. How many records do other teams and players have to set against our D before he gets fired?

I looked up the defensive rankings for Brady's Patriots. In points scored against their defense, they've been ranked in the top ten 9 out of the last ten years. Green Bay in that time has been top ten 3 times but not once in the last six years. How does this look? NE ranking the last six years: 1, 10, 8, 10, 9, 15. Not spectacular, but pretty good. Green Bay: 21, 12, 13, 24, 11, 19.

Now we likely played tougher schedules, based on NE's easy division, but nonetheless, Brady has had better defenses there's no question, and that means when it comes to playoff games, his team has a better shot at stopping the great offenses you have play in those important games. Brady simply doesn't have to be as good as Rodgers in championship games to win.

Rodgers will likely play at least six or seven more years, and for his sake and ours, I hope most of those are without Capers sittin up in his perch looking down at his defense trying to stop the tenth straight pass over the middle with no luck.
Pugger

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too believe a lot of the fault - if we want to blame anybody - for us not winning another championship should lay at the feet of the defense/Capers. The other day on the NFLN they replayed our 2010 SB game. I had forgotten how fast that defense was.

This year if we can field just an average defense we should make some noise come playoff time. Look how far we got last year with that mess!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 36, 37, 38
Page 38 of 38

Jump to: