You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

This Ain't Vikings Talk II - MN Sports Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 42, 43, 44

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Gnat

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another Twins win against the Yankees. One big inning did it, but Berrios and the pen did a good job of shutting down the Yankees. I'm more leaning towards the Twins staying put with the trade deadline coming up, don't sell off, because when you're close to the playoffs if you want to have fans know you are cheap, you sell off, but at the same time, the minors are a little bit thin, and I don't want to give up players like Gordon.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Gnat wrote:
Another Twins win against the Yankees. One big inning did it, but Berrios and the pen did a good job of shutting down the Yankees. I'm more leaning towards the Twins staying put with the trade deadline coming up, don't sell off, because when you're close to the playoffs if you want to have fans know you are cheap, you sell off, but at the same time, the minors are a little bit thin, and I don't want to give up players like Gordon.

I read that it was not only the first home series win for the Twins vs. the Yankees at Target Field, that the streak runs back to 2008. They hadn't won a "home" series vs. the Yankees in 9 years...that's freakin' embarrassing.

Thx to Lil Uno!
JDBrocks

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Gnat wrote:

Anyone watching this team knows that they are overachieving. Selling off would not be cheap, it would be a smart move for the future. Santana, Dozier, Escobar, Kinzler, and Grossman are not part of the future. They need to commit to a rebuild and stop treading water.

Josh Ritter wrote:
I became a thin blue wire, that held the world above the fire
wcblack34

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JDBrocks wrote:
The Gnat wrote:

Anyone watching this team knows that they are overachieving. Selling off would not be cheap, it would be a smart move for the future. Santana, Dozier, Escobar, Kinzler, and Grossman are not part of the future. They need to commit to a rebuild and stop treading water.

A bullpen arm or two and a third starter, and this team can make a run. The Twins need to stop playing moneyball for the future and make moves to win now.

“Your body is not a temple, it's an amusement park. Enjoy the ride.”
JDBrocks

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol, and get swept by Houston. This team is not close to making a run. There are only 7 teams with a worse run differential, and all of them are in 4th or last place.

Josh Ritter wrote:
I became a thin blue wire, that held the world above the fire
wcblack34

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Twins acquire LHP Jamie Garcia from the Braves for a minor leaguer. Hopefully the third starter we need.

The Gnat

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wcblack34 wrote:
Twins acquire LHP Jamie Garcia from the Braves for a minor leaguer. Hopefully the third starter we need.

Is that official now, I know it was in talks last that I heard.

I like him as a third starter and I would hope that since it's a "rental" that he'd come cheap, which I suspect it would. I wouldn't mind then trying to resign him, he's had some injury issues, but if he could be signed cheap again, he can do a good job.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's still not official. They are still haggling over the specifics.

Thx to Lil Uno!
wcblack34

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the Garcia trade goes through, the Twins will still need a bullpen arm or two. If they went for another starter, I wouldn't mind seeing them go after Sonny Gray. He wouldn't be a rental.

Santana, Berrios, Garcia, Gray, some schlub would be a definite upgrade over our current rotation.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 42, 43, 44
Page 44 of 44

Jump to: